JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    @snowflake – Glad it’s not a broke rib. Hope the Aleve helps and you feel better soon.
    @Bex953172 – Thanks! This is my daily routine /checklist to keep me on track; so far it’s working. I’m sure it’s boring to read, though. Hahaha Keep at it! You’re doing it.

@myime6630 – Thanks for the picture quotes. I have started to incorporate some of them into my morning affirmations. Love them! You struggle with getting in water. Do you drink tea? I count my tea. But I don’t count my coffee. What helps me is, I use a specific and different mug/bottle for the time of day then I don’t have to count. I reach and fill the appropriate one and shoot to drink it by a certain time, then reach and fill the next. So in the morning I use a large coffee mug and a 16oz water bottle; then for work I fill a 32oz water bottle and fill a 20oz travel tea mug; then when I get home I have a blue 20oz water bottle and a 16oz tall tea mug. This makes me feel like I am drinking something exciting! LOL and I don’t have to count. I am getting in more than my 8+, on perfect days almost 12. 42 years of marriage… that is an accomplishment! Congratulations! Good Friday goals!

@nlmackey98 – I think the positive statement you said about “you” could be applied to yourself, to each of us. We all struggle daily with life and our tracking. It takes courage and strength to come back to MFP everyday to be real with our MFP friends and ourselves. So please use that as a positive for yourself, along with what you can physically can do. You’re doing it- that’s what counts! <<hugs>>

Sorry for not getting to say more to the rest. Hubby had me do something for him and it took time allocated to MFP… so sorry! Hope y’all have a great Friday!! Feel well, make good choices, be focused, and aware of your actions. <<hugs>> You can do it… JUST FOR TODAY! Just for one hour, just for ten minutes!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options

JFT ~Thursday (4/04)
    Morning Affirmations
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Plan & Pack meals/Snacks
    Track
    13 Min am exercise: 10m lower body resistance (no weights) + 3 mins stretch
    15 Min clean before work
    Park in town
    Walk 20 mins (to/fro mom’s)
    Work
    Walk 10 mins (5m incline/ 5m back down)

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face (reminding myself to take care of me - overall wellness)
    Drink hot tea (too keep my tongue happy & fill belly)
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner.

Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside
    April challenge. Say something positive:
    So thankful for hubby. He got up and OUT extra early (for him) to take the dog to the vet. And he has grilled the last two nights. Learning to be more grateful for him, as my control issues get in our way.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake 1968 - lovely photos! How on earth will you pick your favourites?

JFT 4th April

Eat sensibly Ate reasonable meals, but a bit too much
    Do back exercises Just stretches
    Visit parents Yes
    Possibly baby sit Wasn't required
    Round 2 of trying to find my medical records Yes

After a few more phone calls and refusing to "pretend" that I'm a new patient, I'm very hopeful that my records will be transferred over today. Annoyingly, I checked to see that my 2 sons records had been sent over - one had and one hadn't! Jeez, how difficult can it be?

Helped my mother with some housework, then got to watch her playing with her great grandson. That was a very positive moment :)

JFT 5th April

Eat sensibly
    Do back stretches
    Visit parents with their shopping
    Do the shopping!
    Fix broken curtain rail
    Visit opticians (for the third time), hopefully glasses will be right this time :)

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Seems like a few of us are struggling with illness and injury....

I was running for the train last night in high heeled boots and ended up going SPLAT on the floor really hard, fell straight forwards. Was rather a shock - made me think of you @Bex953172 with your recent tumble! Thankfully I wasn't carrying children though....

Today my shoulder really, really hurts and I can't move my arm without pain. Thankfully I had a hair cut booked so someone washed my hair for me :smile: not sure i would be able to do that otherwise.

If it isn't at all better tomorrow I might go to the A&E. The boyfriend isn't here today and I can't face waiting for four hours by myself. But will go tomorrow/Sunday if it isn't better. I spoke to my mum earlier and she told my one of her friends fractured her shoulder(!) By falling over. Hopefully mine is just bruised...

This has thrown a bit of a spanner in the works. I have the day off today and was planning to (a) go to the gym to compensate for some of the junk I've been eating this week (b) do lots of productive things like catching up on French. I'm not going to do (a) now and don't feel like doing (b) - my shoulder is aching and I just feel like getting under the duvet and feeling sorry for myself!

Need to put my big girl pants on and snap out of it. I WILL do something productive today!

Happy Friday everyone... :smile:
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    @bookmeister86 , ouch, that sounds very painful! I think as adults we forget just what a shock a sudden fall is to the system. Makes you appreciate why little children cry when they fall and cut their knees, it hurts!
    I hope your shoulder recovers quickly, but don't put off going to A&E if it doesn't. Even if they say it's just bruised, at least you won't be worrying that it's something worse.
    And nothing wrong with having a lazy day to recover!
  • bookmeister86
    Options

I was running for the train last night in high heeled boots and ended up going SPLAT on the floor really hard, fell straight forwards. Was rather a shock - made me think of you @Bex953172 with your recent tumble! Thankfully I wasn't carrying children though....

Today my shoulder really, really hurts and I can't move my arm without pain. Thankfully I had a hair cut booked so someone washed my hair for me :smile: not sure i would be able to do that otherwise.

If it isn't at all better tomorrow I might go to the A&E. The boyfriend isn't here today and I can't face waiting for four hours by myself. But will go tomorrow/Sunday if it isn't better. I spoke to my mum earlier and she told my one of her friends fractured her shoulder(!) By falling over. Hopefully mine is just bruised...

This has thrown a bit of a spanner in the works. I have the day off today and was planning to (a) go to the gym to compensate for some of the junk I've been eating this week (b) do lots of productive things like catching up on French. I'm not going to do (a) now and don't feel like doing (b) - my shoulder is aching and I just feel like getting under the duvet and feeling sorry for myself!

Need to put my big girl pants on and snap out of it. I WILL do something productive today!

I cheered myself up by buying some red lipstick...

gn2i87nkxyd4.jpg

The question is, will I be brave enough to wear it in public?? I kept the tester on to walk home and felt like everyone was staring at me...

Going to spend the afternoon on the couch sorting through job alert emails!

And I may treat myself to an episode or two of a rubbish TV show later before the boyfriend gets home... :D
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    @bookmeister86 , ouch, that sounds very painful! I think as adults we forget just what a shock a sudden fall is to the system. Makes you appreciate why little children cry when they fall and cut their knees, it hurts!
    I hope your shoulder recovers quickly, but don't put off going to A&E if it doesn't. Even if they say it's just bruised, at least you won't be worrying that it's something worse.
    And nothing wrong with having a lazy day to recover!

Thank you! I promise to get it checked out if it doesn't improve soon. I think the boyfriend will make me anyway :)
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was negative 197 calories for the day yesterday, not the -250 that I am shooting for but I am still satisfied with it as I didn't snack after dinner. Number on the scale is coming down after our big vacation - we ate anything we wanted! Got a 30 min walk (I am having knee surgery in a few weeks so this is about what I can do) in with a friend.
    JFT:
    Enjoy getting the house ready for my sister's visit this weekend
    Make a delicious vegan, gluten-free dinner for my brother-in-law and us
    -250 calories, 30 minutes activity.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,359 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    JFT Thursday

- At work by 8:00 :neutral: 8:15 pretty close
    - Eat fruit for breakfast :neutral: I tried, but the tangerines were dry and tasteless
    - No more chocolate today (had 2 Rolos this morning) :) It was close, but I survived the day
    - Start RV project at work :neutral: I was ready, but there were some production issues that took precedence over research work.
    - Lunch under 300 calories :) It wasn't much of a lunch, but it was under 300cal. Peanut butter crackers.
    - Leave work early (again) to get new rack installed on new vehicle. Bike on top rather than inside! As long as I skip the drive thru's (Killed a $4000 bike going through a drive through 5 years ago). :) Totally skipped out early. Got my new roof racks and was able to get to my kiddos school before she went to practice.
    - Get stuff to the school for the dinner and do a final fit on the Pinocchio nose for the play. :) Did it early
    - LAUNDRY- always laundry :) 3 loads
    - Dinner under 600 calories :) Dinner was fend for yourself style and I had a turkey sandwich. It was very satisfying.
    - No alcohol :) Too tired to drink
    - Bed by 10:30, I really need to get back on my morning gym regimen. :( Hubby didn't get home until 10:00, so I stayed up with him until 12:00ish

JFT Friday

Go to the gym :(
    Eat breakfast <300 cal :( Skipped breakfast
    Work by 8:00 :) closer to 7:30
    Work on Global & Regional documents (yawn) :)
    No damaging self-talk
    Lunch <400 cal. Upped a bit since I missed breakfast
    Find something to do in the afternoon that I can finish without staying late.
    No binging or sneaking snacks when no one is around
    Figure out what I'm going to make & get supplies I need to bake for tomorrow.
    Dinner <700 cal
    One snack <100 cal
    "Finish" laundry - it's never really done.
    No alcohol

Positive thought: I'm proud of me for not binging yesterday. It's the first time in a while. I just kept reminding myself that I just had to get through today.

Positive thought for @HEGoddard0928 : Yesterday was a good productive day. That is a great accomplishment sometimes.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,791 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday April 4 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in green - 😒 no, but only over by less than 200 instead of 1000
    Walk 1 Mile - 😒
    Plank Challenge - 😒
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂🙂🙂🙂 and it was only an orange!
    5 something at bathroom break- 🙂
    Positive thought - I am so fortunate to have healthcare that is covered by my country. I can visit my doctor without having to worry about the expense of it.
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 🙂

JFT - Friday April 5 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Positive thought
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I feel so much better about my goals yesterday, although I didn’t meet them all I certainly did better and was a lot more conscious of my decisions. I just need to keep it up.

My ribs aren’t hurting as bad today, but I have a pain in my stomach. I assume from the Aleve. Hopefully it goes away soon. Last night I worked on the bachelorette party invites for the MOH for Kaitlyn’s wedding. I need to finish them today, but I really need to work on my resume and do the online training for the Election that I will be working. Hubby is really into his game right now though so I may have to go to the library to work on it.

I really need a computer of my own instead of sharing his.

It’s supposed to be warm here today so I’m hoping to get out for a walk.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,791 Member
    Options
    Cschmitz110515 - that must be a relief to have the tests come back showing all clear.

Cory17 - I hear you on the chips, they are probably the thing I crave more than anything else. I just don’t buy them now except for a small bag when I just can’t resist, but that is becoming more and more rare.

Toaljasa - I thought about leaving the dress out too, but I’m scared something will happen to it. We live in a trailer so there isn’t a lot of space. Maybe I should print the picture of me off and put it on the fridge.

AJB1014 - have a wonder trip, relax and enjoy!

Bex953172 - you did awesome with your Will Not’s. You must have a lot of patience, I would not be happy if Rodger tried to get into my kitchen to work at supper time. Hope you feel better fast!

Zizzybumble - sometimes I think emotional health is more important than the number of calories. It was probably a very nice meal with your neighbours.

Johicks - you are just doing amazing!
    I need to start emulating you. “My control issues get in our way”. I could have written that. It’s something I’ve worked on for the last year and I think I’m getting better 75% of the time. I need to work on it more though. He just goes along and let’s me control so that makes it very easy for me to do.

Mytime6630 - I’m so happy to see all of your positives and your smile faces. You are such an inspiration.

Hegoddard0928 - look at you go!!!! No dishes even, that must make you feel wonderful. When do you start your job? Didn’t you say you were offered one?

Elbee1 - you’re doing great!

Awhit4842 - I have fallen off the wagon with you. I’m hoping to get back on it today.

Aubyshortcake - I hope you have a stress free day.

Clicketykeys - even if you don’t feel you have accomplished much, weight down is a good thing. Do you at least feel less stressed?

Littleblackskirt- I don’t know how I’ll pick my favourites. My first tasks will be choosing 3, 1 of each couple to go into a frame that I have. Those three need to be portrait. Then I have to choose 2 landscape and I’m thinking they will be all 8 of us. Then I have to figure out what else I want to display. Money is very tight so that will help me choose too.
    I hope your records get moved over. I don’t blame you for not pretending to be new. How would they know your history?

Bookmeister86 - I hope you just bruised your shoulder, it sounds like you have a good plan for dealing with it today. I’m with you on red lip stick, I just can’t do it.

Layfettenana - good job! 30 minutes would be a lot with a painful knee I imagine!
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @Snowflake1968,

here are few things that you could do from home that require low investment (I am not saying that any of it would work in your area, I am just listing it to generate potential ideas)

- There are many people to whom English is a second language (like me) who need someone to check their English.
    Here are examples on up work:
    https://www.upwork.com/o/jobs/browse/?q=correction grammar

- on the English subject - there are sites like italki where you can offer to tutor someone learning English, even if you are not a professional teacher. Non-natives need a lot of speak practice with natives.

- on the Etsy ideas - many people turn to minimalism these days, i.e. they avoid buying unnecessary things, they want to have less but with more beauty and quality. With that in mind, I would try to think about what of the ordinary, necessary items could be made with more quality or beauty. You know, basic things that everyone needs, like hangers, trash cans, paper holders etc.

- if you have a sunny area in your home, maybe a small nursery of plants hard to find in stores

- I don't know how is over there, in Europe airbnb is huge these days and many people occasionally offer their extra room.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    Recap R 4/4
    1) Leave on time for annual mammo, no deodorant & take incentive form ~ my employer pays $50 for test as long as I have the right form signed (forgot form for annual physical and there was faxing involved ~ FAXING!) = :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 15,735 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 38 floors :smiley:
    3) Leave on time for weekly workplace walk (OCHC) during lunch / take tech gloves & phone / email sign-up form for new months = B) 2.24 mi 39:22
    4) Meals & snacks prelogged (eating up more leftovers, which I like) / net calories zero / 14c water = Net calories -71 :smile: , sodium -616, sugar green :smiley: fiber low-ish, protein excellent, 12c water
    5) Evening: choir 6:30 (music room this time, not choir space) :smiley: / grocery shop after, bring everything in & put away :smiley: all done by 8:30 / other? loaded dishwasher & ran :smiley:
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 :/ / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :neutral: 10:30 (x-train before work F)

JFT F 4/5 ~ Decided to change planned workouts based on updated weather forecast for next few days, and rainy pattern we're in.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) If rains ends, walk dog after work / otherwise today is rest day
    4) Evening to-do's?
    5) Unplug 10:00 / floss / retainers / no alarm but bed & tv off 11:00

Today's Positive Thought: I handled a situation with my EMT co-administrator (my nemesis lately) & event planners with tact and diplomacy instead of my knee-jerk reaction. :D Win!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! It's already 3:30! Where did the day go?! Lol.
    @bookmeister86 I'm keeping my fingers crossed you didn't damage your shoulder too terribly!

@Snowflake1968 Good job hitting those goals yesterday! I hope your stomach and side feel better soon!

@cschmitz110515 I'm really glad that you were able to handle the situation with your nemesis in a good way. Sometimes difficult people are very...well...difficult. Lol

@nlmackey98 You had some many smiley faces yesterday!! Your positive thought- You did a awesome job helping with your kiddos!

@Bex953172 I hope you got a chance to rest today!

I'm sorry I didnt get to everyone!
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this thread. I need accountability and when you break it down to just for today, it seems obtainable and doesn't stress me out thinking about the long term. I have been told that I am not a patient person. I want things done in the now, not 2 weeks from now. Any who, I just wanted to chime in here and introduce myself before I actually post my JFT.
    I have been overweight all of my life. Growing up, no one taught me about proper diet/nutrition and exercise because most of my family wasn't taught themselves. About 6 years ago in August of 2013, I decided to have lapband surgery. At my heaviest I tipped the scales at 330 lbs. The day of my surgery, I weighed in at 319 lbs. With the help of the band, I was able to drop close to 100 lbs within the first year, reaching my plateau at 238 lbs. Over the last few year, I have found that I am having more and more complications with my band and steadily gaining weight. I do not attribute my weight to the band, cause I am conscious of my bad eating habits. This morning when I stepped on the scale, the number made me feel depressed yet somehow motivated. That number 283.... strange that it is the same number as my lowest weight after the band just in different order. So here I am for the 90th time trying to get back on track and do something cause I am unhappy with myself. I will post back tomorrow how today went.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,092 Member
    Options

I cheered myself up by buying some red lipstick...

gn2i87nkxyd4.jpg

The question is, will I be brave enough to wear it in public?? I kept the tester on to walk home and felt like everyone was staring at me...

Going to spend the afternoon on the couch sorting through job alert emails!

And I may treat myself to an episode or two of a rubbish TV show later before the boyfriend gets home... :D

It REALLY suits you!
    I sometimes worry about the more vibrant colour but i have a very vibrant pink, i even manage to pull off purple (as in my profile pic!)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,092 Member
    Options
    I know some of you are teachers, but are any of you teachers in the UK.
    Saskia has food poisoning from school and not sure what im supposed to do, im not exactly happy about it.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Today's positive thoughts: I am grateful for a husband who does our taxes. The weather has been amazingly cooperative lately and I am going to go for a walk this evening and enjoy it.

@Bex953172 - Not in the UK. Have you contacted the school? Also, in case you're questioned on it, what makes you think it's food poisoning (and that it's from school) and not a stomach bug or something along those lines?
    @cschmitz110515 - WOW! You are killing it! Look at all those smileys!
    @Snowflake1968 - Remember to be kind to yourself. I hope you get to go on a walk and that it's soothing and feels good!
    @nlmackey98 - Snacks are SUCH a challenge! I like munching. :P
    @bookmeister86 - Yup, I fell last fall (no pun intended, honest!) and ended up having to get physical therapy because I sprained the ball of my foot where the big toe meets the foot. It didn't seem bad at the time but just got progressively worse. Nice lip color!
    @littleblackskirt - I hope things work out with the doctor. That sounds SO frustrating.
    @johicks - I hope your furry friend is okay! Was this just for shots / a checkup?
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @bookmeister86 I hope you are feeling less sore and that you've not done too much damage. Look after yourself and don't try to do too much
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 5 April

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :) I primarily chose smoked salmon, salad and strawberries at the leavers lunch
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :) i was tempted not to as the day was very busy
    January challenge >:) again!
    February challenge :)
    March challenge >:) I've not adjusted to British Summer Time and didn't get up early enough to walk before work and there wasn't time later.
    April challenge :) I had a productive day at work and completed a major task then got on with my excercise rather than rewarding myself with wine!

I've now logged yesterday's food and was well and truly over although it does not show on the scale this morning :) I am going to a leaving lunch today, hopefully there will be lots of salad items and not too much cake!