JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    JFT (Saturday) - I will be TENACIOUS working toward my goals.

Daily Intake:
    • Log every bite. :)
    • Stay in the green :)
    • Eat only when sitting :)
    • Eat mindfully. Enjoy each bite. Be present. :)
    • Eat only if actually hungry. :)
    • Give mysef credit: maybe a star on the kitchen calendar if I stay green. Something visual. :)
    • Drink 64 oz of water :)76 oz! Was up about 4,782 times during the night running to the bathroom. Maybe THAT is why I struggle with this? UGH.

Activity

30 minutes active to include: :naughty:My hip was sore yesterday. Hoping it doesn't have anything to do with the surgery I had. Hoping it is just that I slept funny or something.
    • 6000 FitBit steps Just short by a few hundred steps.
    • Body Groove: Do at least one session tonight
    • Lift hand weights. Start with 10 reps, targeting 3 different muscle groups
    • Check out the gym and see if membership is still active

Miscellaneous
    • Watch GD, C, in her band solo at the competition this afternoon :)
    • Listen to Half Size Me podcast from this week :smile:
    • Drop off donate bag(s) :wink: Moving to Sunday.
    • Read a chapter from one of my nutrition books. :smile:
    • Create my "March" bullet journal pages :wink: Moving to Sunday.
    • Try to get outside for a walk with Maddie today :naughty: Afraid of the icy roads under the snow.
    • Daily Dialog :smile: DONE
    • Gratitude Journal :smile:

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    JFT (Sunday) TENACITY / TENACIOUS

Daily Intake:
    • Log every bite.
    • Stay in the green
    • Eat only when sitting
    • Eat mindfully. Enjoy each bite. Be present.
    • Eat only if actually hungry.
    • Give mysef credit: star on the kitchen calendar if I stay green
    • Drink 64 oz of water

Activity

30 minutes active to include:
    • 6000 FitBit steps
    • Body Groove: Do at least one session tonight
    • Lift hand weights. Start with 10 reps, targeting 3 different muscle groups
    • Check out the gym and see if membership is still active

Miscellaneous
    • Take GD, C, to lunch and bumming for getting straight A's on her report card
    • Half Size Me Podcast or Forum
    • Drop off donate bag(s)
    • Read a chapter from "The Wahls Protocol"
    • Create my "March" bullet journal pages
    • Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    • Daily Dialog
    • Gratitude Journal

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,769 Member
    Options
    JFT - Saturday March 2 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in Green - 😒
    Walk 1 Mile - probably but not purposely
    Plank Challenge - 🙂 20.48 secs
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 👿
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Sunday March 3 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I used to make Sunday my relaxed day and allow myself to eat in maintenance because that’s when the Grands were here and I tended to do big meals plus the Grands didn’t stop snacking and they love to share. Now the Grands come on Saturday’s so I am giving myself a pass for yesterday. I could have put my walk in which would have given me calories for a 2nd evening snack but I was tired and hungry. Like @HEGoddard0928 I should have just gone to bed.

I have to share this little story. I love an ice cold coke from McDonald’s. I have been known to stop and just grab that and nothing else. Since I have been picking the kids up and dropping them off I have really been craving one on my drive home. I pass 4 of them on my 20 minute drive, which is insane when you think about it. I have been telling myself I’ll stop at the next one, as I near each one and then keep driving. This is a real battle with myself. So far though I haven’t stopped. Last night the book I’m reading has a recovering alcoholic in it and he’s trying to quit smoking. He was walking by store after store talking himself out of going to buy smokes. He tells himself to use his AA training one day at a time and sometimes one step at a time. I almost laughed out loud when I realized I was using the AA technique to avoid Coke.

My friend that is selling her house to go live in a camper and travel went and adopted a dog yesterday. I don’t know where here decision making skills have gone. She went travelling instead of paying her bills, selling her house, quitting her job and expecting to buy a truck, camper and travel on what she believes will be a 30k buyout from the house. She has no savings, at times doesn’t have money to get herself groceries or pay for gas to get to work but she buys a dog! I think the dog is a great idea and will hopefully help stop the suicidal thoughts as she’ll have something depending on her, but man I’m worried for her.

Well I should figure out what to do with my day.

Happy Sunday
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,769 Member
    Options
    Hegoddard0928 - I’m looking forward to seeing this drqin stopper.

Mytime6630 - I am a terrible planner as well. I need to change this as it’s costing me too much in both waist and wallet. Years ago I read a “diet” in Women’s World magazine that suggested eating only when you felt actual hunger, eating on a smaller plate and listening to your body as you eat. Mindful eating we would call it now. When I followed that I lost 25 pounds with no other exercise. I found that I always had 4 - 5 meals a day naturally. Great job on the loss.

Elbee1 - hope you can get the cholesterol straightened out in your own.

Gohiggins - One day at a time is all we can do. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it 1000 times more, this group has been the best in helping me. Even the days I have to come back and say I didn’t meet a goal, there is encouragement and ideas on how to do better the next day. Keep coming back and Welcome!

Faebert - I hope you have a nice day with the BF.

Bookmeister86- where are you travelling to?

Littleblackskirt- there have been so many times that I did something just because I said I would in here. It’s the best motivator. Ooooh baby snuggles!!!! Isn’t it the best?

PackerfaninGB - I force myself to stop water at least an hour before going to bed for that exact reason. It’s why sometimes I don’t get it in. I refuse to be up and down all night. Hope your hip feels better today.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    WOY: Discipline
    Monthly challenge: Daily Flossing I just can't get excited about walking in less than 40F weather :)

JFT:
    Drink 6-8 cups of water/herbal tea
    Mindful eating--Record food---haven't been doing this
    Walk 1 mile on treadmill and resistance
    Floss

Complete another lesson on free motion quilting tutorial
    Plan meals for upcoming visit from daughter
    Grocery List
    Ski lift ticket for DD
    Letter to aunt

Peace and joy!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,081 Member
    Options
    LOL @snowflake1968 CCA! (Coca Cola Anonymous)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,081 Member
    Options
    There should be a Dr.PA for me!

Strength be with me LOL
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB I hope you and your GD had a lovely outing. And I'm not surprised at all that she would want to go bumming around with you---I'd like to do that myself! You are making wonderful memories with her.

@Mytime6630 WW could be a great way to give you a push start to get you going again. I'm glad you are making the needed modifications to make it work for you. Sometimes investing a bit of hard earned money, having face to face check-ins, and just doing something differently can be very helpful. But in the end it is all up to you and how much --ahem-- discipline you use :) We are excited for you---keep us posted!

@snowflake1968 Your comparison to drinking coke and cigs/alcohol is very true. We just don't like to think it's "as bad". But for me, I don't want anything, especially food and drink, to control me. I want to control/have power over it. And for far too long I allowed myself to be a slave to food :( I think everyone struggles in some area of their lives in that regard...be it too much TV, gambling, shopping, etc.

• toaljasa
    Options
    v0oibmzt12wp.png
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,491 Member
    Options
    [*] Try to get outside for a walk with Maddie today :naughty: Afraid of the icy roads under the snow.

Thank goodness we have a fenced in backyard for our dog. Except for one very short walk recently with hubby and dog (and we went very slow because there were many, many icy patches in our neighborhood), I haven't walked dog for months. This winter has been brutal with snow, freezing rain, then bitter cold to make roads even icier, then snow falling on top, then extreme wind chills. Right now, our neighborhood roads are still completely snow & ice covered.

In past winters, I would chance walking dog on packed snow only to fall because it was as slippery as ice, if not actual ice underneath. Fortunately, no serious injuries, except one year I had a huge bump on the back of my head from hitting the pavement (my butt hit ground first as I recall). Back at home, I warned hubby to watch me for signs of concussion or even a brain bleed, but fortunately nothing like that. Now I'm older and wiser ~ not walking dog this winter in current conditions. I recommend you and Maddie keep inside. Caye and I can't wait for seasonable temps of 32F ~ it will feel like a heat-wave! B)
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap 3/1 F ~ Decided today is rest day. Plus I leave work early b/c of site visits during 2nd & 3rd shifts this week. Yippee! = Took state hwy to go home, which I normally don't do, then had detour due emergency vehicles blocking route ~ not sure what happened, maybe someone slid off road again? I called one co-worker in time to warn her to take an alternate route.
    1) Put veggies & pot roast in crockpot before work :smiley: The house smelled so good when I got home!
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 6,395 steps (wow that's low for weekday), 250+ steps 9/14 & 25 floors ~ just felt extremely lazy when I got home & apparently I hardly moved :p
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories under 200 red / 14c water = Yikes! Snacked on popcorn when I got home early from work, ate supper, then snacked more, on veggie chips and Hershey miniatures. >:) Net calories -834 :s , sodium green (really?), sugar -13, fiber & protein good, 14c water (yay)
    4) Work: complete write-ups from site visits & w/p summaries :smiley: / submit to in-charge :smiley: but forgot to update Project Status Review tab ~ do first thing Mon.
    5) Locate & update JFT monthly goals :/ / log measurements from this morning on MFP :smiley: (that I forgot to do 2/28)
    6) Personal: update budget s/s :smiley: / balance bank accounts :smiley: / write check for car payment :smiley: / make transfer :smiley: / complete feedback survey apparently I already did according to code message / verify FSA balance & charges :/ / other to-do's? does napping on couch count? :p
    7) Unplug 10:00 :smiley: / floss :s / retainers :s / NO alarm (YAY), bed & tv off 11:00 :p woke from nap around this time & went to bed ~ slept 10 hours! :o (sleep in Sat.)

Recap 3/2 Sat. ~ Boiled eggs & washed pile of dishes while hubby slept, then we snowplowed/shovelled driveway, walkways, steps & patio ~ that was my workout. Ran errands & located office for my first dermatologist appt. next week. Pizza for supper, we haven't done that for long time. Net calories green 52 :smiley: , sodium & sugar green :smiley: , fiber low :( , protein low-ish, 10c water :(

JFT 3/3 Sunday
    1) Choir sings 7:45 & 9:00 services :smiley:
    2) Treadmill 3 mi 51:11 + cool down + stretched :smiley:
    3) Prep slow cooker creamy bacon corn chowder & enter recipe into MFP :smiley:
    4) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water
    5) Update JFT posts for weekly w-i and monthly goals
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / set early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (treadmill before work M)

I'm not sure who was posting about hours between meals and snacking. I always have planned snacks between breakfast and lunch, sometimes between lunch and supper. I very rarely go more than several hours without eating something, I would just get too hangry & EAT ALL THE FOOD. One thing my NP (nurse practioner) has been telling me for years, always eat some protein with every snack and meal. It really helps to keep me full longer.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories. My weaknesses: I love food... my sweet tooth, especially chocolate... portion control... FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). Saturday a.m. is my MFP weigh-in logging day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale. No goal dates set ~ this is not a diet but my lifestyle.

Age 61, 5'4.5"
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way = It's. Not. A. Diet.
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG maintain: 145 - 150 [Need to be realistic! Revised from 140 - 145]

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations / committed to posting weekly weigh-in
    06/03 = 177.5
    06/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    06/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    06/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    07/01 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    07/08 = 177.5 oops
    07/15 = 176.5
    07/22 = 175.0
    07/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    08/05 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    08/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    08/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    08/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    09/02/17 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    09/09 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    09/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    09/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    09/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/07 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21/17 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge (daily w/i)]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/04 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
    12/02 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
    12/09/17 = 158.5 surprised to say the least / first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :love:
    12/16 = 158.0 no work parties or food days & stuck with CICO
    12/23 = 157.5 no "workouts" but shoveled snow & snowshoed, busy with Christmas preparations
    12/30 = 159.0 Christmas Day no food/beverages logged
    01/06/18 = 159.0 New Year's Eve hubby & I splurged on treats & beverages (at home), and I did not log...totally worth it!
    01/13 = 157.0 big surprise! Yesterday evening, walked in Frenzy on the Fox 5K in 47:26 & pace 15:19. Very happy with my time, wore layers of clothes in 10 degrees & NNW 12 mph wind, fun event.
    01/20 = 156.5
    01/27 = 156.5 maintaining / not a bad thing
    02/03 = sick / no weigh in
    02/10 = 152.5 unhealthy loss due to illness / I know weight will go back up & I'm totally fine with that
    02/17/18 = 153.0 thrilled with annual physical on 2/15/18: BP 110/68, pulse 64 and BMI 26.14 :star:
    02/24 = 154.0 little out of control last week, but at goal for the month
    03/03 = 155.5 oops / still lower than before I was sick
    03/10 = 153.5 back on track
    03/17 = 152.5
    03/24 = 153.0 evening snacks & two days straight of 8 hr seminars (+ lots of sitting)
    03/31 = 153.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before / Badger State Brewing 10K 1:30:28.82 and average pace 14:35 :smiley:
    04/07 = 154.5 ack ~ ate Easter candy most evenings
    04/14 = 153.5 Day 1 of record-setting blizzard ~ yuck! Followed by day 2 of blizzard, then snow day (no work / still shoveling & plowing) on Monday ~ in APRIL ~ yikes! :p
    04/21 = 153.5 after such weird week & daily weight fluctuations, happy to maintain
    04/28 = 152.0
    05/05 = 153.5 kinda stalled three months + feeling hungry more often ~ since w/i 10# of goal, changed MFP setting to lose 1/2 lb. per week & see how it goes
    05/12 = 153.5 ok with this ~ think changing my MFP setting, and having more net calories to play with, is agreeing with me ~ I'm not so hungry all the time
    05/19 = 154.0 drinks (2 margaritas) & dinner w/ BFF night before + enjoyed everything!
    05/26/18 = 153.0 Health Risk Assessment 5/15/18 ~ BMI 25.6 :star:
    06/02 = 153.0 basically in maintenance for now ~ I'll take it!
    06/09 = 152.5 Bellin Run 10K 1:28:12 split time 45:03 ave. pace 14:12 ~ beat goal of < 1:30 :star:
    06/16 = 152.0
    06/23 = 156.0 end of vacation week & lots of eating out
    06/30 = 155.5
    07/07 = 156.0 post-vacation w/i net calories not. so. much. Ack!
    07/14 = 154.5 prelogging & sticking w/ plan helps
    07/21 = 154.5 Packers 5K 44:50 ave pace 14:26 min/mile ~ beat goal < 45:00 :star:
    07/28 = 157.5 peanut M&M attacks (eek) + dinner out w/ SIL/niece (yum!) + staff luncheon (ick)
    08/03 = 155.5 started Evening Snack Challenge on JFT
    08/11 = 158.0 stressful week (job crap ~ hubby's & my own) >:) , Chinese buffet 1 evening & Feast with the Beasts (so worth it!)
    08/18 = 157.5 saw 156.0 during week ~ evening snack challenge not. so. good.
    08/25 = 156.0 prelogged as much as possible & CICO getting better
    09/01 = 154.5 included Taste on Broadway & office relocation so packing & moving boxes ~ very pleased
    09/08 = 157.5 too many office bday indulgences / City Stadium 5K for Veterans 44:27 & ave. pace 14:16 ~ beat goal of < 44:30 :star:
    09/15 = 156.0
    09/22 = 155.5 maybe lower if not for Pizza Ranch prairie pizza & wine at BFF's the night before
    09/29 = 154.0
    10/06 = 155.0 may include water retention in muscles b/c resumed home version of weights & circuit-training day before
    10/13 = 157.0 birthday treats & adult beverages / walked in Run for the Hill of It 5K in 48:13 pace 15:32 & hill 2:01 ~ beat both time (part unpaved trail with sloppy conditions due to 5" rain over preceding week) & hill (finish is UP a steep sledding hill) from last year :star: and learned only 25 out of 267 participants finished the hill < 1 min.
    10/20 = 155.0
    10/27 = 158.0 oops... lots of leaf-raking the evening before + too. much. snacking.
    11/03 = 156.5 better planning / stopped evening snacking (mostly)
    11/10 = 156.0 basically stuck in maintenance mode ~ not the worst thing
    11/17 = 157.0
    11/24 = 159.5 Thanksgiving week & paid time off with hubby ~ def going in wrong direction ~ oops
    12/01 = 157.5 Jingle Bell 5K 45:38 & ave. pace 14:42 ~ not bad
    12/08 = 157.0
    12/15 = 156.5 clearly in maintenance mode all year ~ not exactly the plan but I'm ok with this for now ~ really happy to stay 1-5-anything
    12/22 = 155.5 surprised by this ~ maybe due to much later than normal weigh-in (late start to the day)
    12/29/18 = 159.5 stayed 1-5-anything over holidays & vacation
    01/05/19 = 157.5
    01/12 = 158.0 Frenzy on the Fox 5K 1/11 with friends ~ not timed / MapMyWalk 54:19
    01/19 = 158.0 maintained even with evening snacking & skipped workouts :blush:
    01/26 = 157.5
    02/02 = 158.5 hubby's traditional bday dinner + leftovers + evening snacking ~ oops
    02/09 = 158.5 ok with no gain / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 48:34:89 & ave. pace 15:89 in below zero temps & icy mile 2
    02/16 = 158.0
    02/23 = 160.0 oops... deserved, net cals def red prior 3 days. Annual physical 2/26 159.6 fully clothed :D
    03/02 = 159.5

“Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” Francis of Assisi
  • cschmitz110515
    edited March 2019
    Options
    February Goals / Results:
    • Seroogy's Valentine 5K 8 a.m. 2/9/19 goal 45:00 ~ winter road conditions may impact & I plan to wear layers ~ forecast overnight low -4F (-20C) and high temp 13F (-10C) = Chip 48:34:89 average pace 15:28 ~ would've been faster but mile 2 was mostly packed snow on top of ice & my glasses were frosted over inside my hood [-7F at start & -1F at end] ~ happy I finished < 50 w/ winter conditions :D
    • Treadmill 3-5x per week / walk dog if roads conditions ever improve / snowshoe/walk in weekly workplace hikes = Not great month for treadmill 8X + walked inside workplace at lunch 2X :neutral: 34.41 miles / walked dog once w/ hubby <3 but slow due to ice / snowshoe hike 2X B) [extreme wind chills 2X & cancelled b/c below 0F (-17C)]
    • X-train 1-3x per week: weights & circuit-training, Sweaty Betty or other videos, WiiFit, yoga, other = weights/circuit 4x (1X per week) :smiley: / shoveled snow 1X (hubby mostly snowblowed) / rest days 3X per week last two weeks of month :'(
    • 5 somethings every bathroom trip = usually remember but not always :|
    • Prelog food most days / remain flexible to changes / limit after-supper snacking / close MFP food diary every day = Usually prelog when I can :) / closed diary all but 2/21 due to seminar food & not bothering to guesstimate :smile: / evening snacking became a thing in Feb not sure why >:) I want to break this routine so it does not become a habit
    • Net calories w/i 100 of zero > 75% of days (21/28) & meet fiber/protein goals = Reviewed past 30 days report: net cals good 13/28 days :# fiber ok 13 days :# protein good 26 days :smiley:
    • Take measurements Th 2/28 & remember to log on MFP = Completely forgot 2/28 (crazy work schedule with site visits during 2nd & 3rd shifts) so did this 3/1 :D
    • Scale goal 156# = 158# :| at least I'm keeping below 160

March Goals:
    • Badger State Brewing 10K 3/30/19 goal < 1:30 ~ sure hope weather is better than last year's (snow --> rain --> wind)
    • Treadmill 3-5x per week / walk dog if road conditions permit / snowshoe/walk in workplace mindfulness hikes
    • X-train 1-3x per week: weights & circuit-training, Sweaty Betty or other videos, WiiFit, yoga, other
    • Rest days no more than 2X per week
    • 5 somethings every bathroom trip (slowly becoming habit)
    • Prelog food most days / remain flexible to changes / reduce after-supper snacking / close MFP food diary every day except 3/9 Beer & Biscuits (food & alcohol samples) fundraiser for no-kill animal shelter, maybe 3/30 b/c 10K refreshments & beer
    • Net calories w/i 100 of zero > 75% of days (24/31) & meet fiber/protein goals
    • Take measurements 3/31 (Sun.) or 3/30 (before 10K) and remember to log on MFP
    • Scale goal 156#

Today ~ Smile ~ Laugh ~ Be Kind ~ <3 ~ Eat Well ~ Be Active
  • mummy_h
    mummy_h Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Staying on goal for the weekend 🤗
  • toaljasa
    Options
    mummy_h wrote: »
    Staying on goal for the weekend 🤗

Woo Hoo! Wonderful for you...keep up the good work!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday 3 March

Log accurately :)
    Don't go too far into the red; I've pre logged the meal I am cooking tonight for guests and know its am slightly over despite planning a light lunch. >:) No but under for the week and I'd planed for this
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge; not to sure about this one today as its wet and windy out ... It was not nice but I did a mile and a bit :)

Pretty good day given the circumstances; evening meal was thoroughly enjoyed by all even if it sent me into the red for today. Maintenance is not easy but I ate less in the week to allow for today. I claim this as my word METHODICAL. I planned the week knowing what was coming for the weekend.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    The day is almost gone but doing some planning for the week but gotta first march down the street with my Tater. Great swim this am and 3 miles walk in a beautiful area. Getting my mind in fight mode for a better month than last.
  • shirazumdraws
    shirazumdraws Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Very new to this. Today my goal is to stick to OMAD. Today is my second day and I am having trouble because I am little lightheaded and my meal time is at 8 which is more than 7 hours from now. I also want to do half an hour of jump rope, but I don't know if I can do it since I am already lightheaded.

I hesitate to comment on another poster's diet plans, but this doesn't sound very healthy if you're light headed.
    7 hours is a long time to wait for your meal.

Could you maybe divide your calories between 2 meals in a day? Please don't make yourself ill.

I later found out the reason behind it. I work as an animator in a firm and I have to look at a steep screen and draw and animate for hours. The screen and lack of eating were making me lightheaded. I am planning to eat today if I feel lightheaded again. If not, then will stick to OMAD-ing again.
  • shirazumdraws
    shirazumdraws Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Very new to this. Today my goal is to stick to OMAD. Today is my second day and I am having trouble because I am little lightheaded and my meal time is at 8 which is more than 7 hours from now. I also want to do half an hour of jump rope, but I don't know if I can do it since I am already lightheaded.

OMAD sounds very strict. I am not an expert by any means, but I would personally hesitate to jump rope if you are lightheaded. You could easily hurt yourself. (Trust me....I'm forever hurting myself. I think they named a room in the Emergency Room after me. LOL :# ) Can you eat some low calorie vegetables with a bit of hummus or guacamole for dip? Those are all healthy. Or an apple? An ounce or 2 of cheese for protein?

Welcome to the group! Let us know how you do. I'll be thinking of you!

I skipped skipping , hehe. I meant, I skipped jump roping for the day. I was not feeling it. I did do OMAD though. Today is my third day. I have planned to not be super strict about it, keeping room for some snacks if I feel lightheaded again. I made some weird dip yesterday with boiled green peas and peels of bottle gourd and coriander. I really liked it. I have brought sliced cucumber and the dip in a box to work. If I am lightheaded again, I will have it.