2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I read a report last night that February was out coldest on record for 40 years and 5th coldest in 139 years.

There was a saying my Grandmother used to say, โ€œMarch in like a lion out like a lambโ€. I donโ€™t know if the opposite is true, it is cold here today but sunny and no snow.

I am going to take Lauryn and the kids to run errands today. I hope the kids are well behaved.

I want to do more weight wise in March than I have the last few months. Everything is just staying as is, which is good but I want to lose.

Average weight for Feb was 179.0 which was 1 pound lighter than January.

I walked 55.25 miles in the house.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Faebert - I hope all the illness leaves and you all get some rest this weekend.

Zizzybumble - enjoy your evening with hubby!

Littleblackskirt - it is so hard not to step in and fixit for our children isnโ€™t it? Hope your son makes the right decisions soon and that itโ€™s the best one for him.

Maryrobinson40- happy Friday to you too!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options

JFT Thursday
    - Get up at 6:15. Drop dogs at 7:30. Work by 8:00. :)
    - Weigh in for work challenge :) Lost 1.6 pounds
    - Protein bar & fruit for breakfast :| skipped breakfast
    - Chinese for lunch - moderation :)
    - Leave work by 4:30 :)
    - Hilly hike/walk/run to find peace :( I baled and let life get in the way.
    - Dinner under 600cal :( Awful
    - Bed by 10:00 :| I honestly don't know when I went to bed.

JFT Friday
    - Up early to go to the gym :( Nope
    - Work by 8:00 :( Nope
    - Protein bar & fruit for breakfast :( Nope had a doughnut
    - Bury myself in work
    - Maybe laundry
    - Bed by 10:00

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Keeping it quick. Thanks for the warm welcome back all! I missed your more than I can say.

Yesterday:
    One house chore โœ…
    Start dishes and tidying โœ…
    5 minutes on to do list or project/goal โœ…
    Journal done
    Bed at 9:30 โœ… but didnโ€™t fall asleep until after midnight :(

JFT 3/1:
    One house chore
    Start dishes and tidying
    5 minutes on to do list or project/goal
    Journal
    Drink 80 oz. water
    Bed at 9:30
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Keeping it quick. Thanks for the warm welcome back all! I missed your more than I can say.

Yesterday:
    One house chore โœ…
    Start dishes and tidying โœ…
    5 minutes on to do list or project/goal โœ…
    Journal done
    Bed at 9:30 โœ… but didnโ€™t fall asleep until after midnight :(

JFT 3/1:
    One house chore
    Start dishes and tidying
    5 minutes on to do list or project/goal
    Journal
    Drink 80 oz. water
    Bed at 9:30

Missed you! Sorry to hear about the breakup, that is never easy - but always a great chance for some personal growth! Glad to have you back around these parts!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    JFT, Thurs
    1. log all food :)
    2. if we do not get ice.. get to the gym :/
    3. concentrate on water :)
    4. mindful eating :/

I did OK all day, but was very hungry. Evening was the worse ... and you guys helped me out on here with that. But that urge kept up all day long!! I even went for a walk ... and it was freezing cold outside! I walked on the street because the sidewalks were still icy. Still .... wanted something. So I grabbed a handful of nuts ... but that led to another handful of nuts ... then hubby wanted popcorn. So way over, but I am trying to say that is OK. Today is a new day.

JFT, Fri
    1. log all food
    2. January challenge -- 8+ c water
    3. Feb challenge -- one snack tonite / then brush teeth, drink water.
    4. march challenge -- 15 minutes outside. Yes, its cold out, but bundle up and do it anyhow!
    5. mindful eating
    6. do not get discouraged .... keep going

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Bed by 930 :)
    3. Tea and one more water before bed :)
    4. Be kind :)

JFT Fri am
    1. Up by 730 :)
    2. Smoothie :)
    3. Fish oil >:)
    4. Pack lunch - soup :)
    5. Pack clothes for dinner :)
    6. Bank >:)

JFT Fri
    1. Get to bank
    2. Log all food
    3. Be kind
    4. 2 waters at work
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    How do you all personally manage stress? You know when things just pile up and you just feel Like youve got a litty knotty ball of stress stuck inside, how do you let that out and let it go? And without snapping at someone else in the process?!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    How do you all personally manage stress? You know when things just pile up and you just feel Like youve got a litty knotty ball of stress stuck inside, how do you let that out and let it go? And without snapping at someone else in the process?!

This is where walking outside helps me the most. (and you know me, I handle stress with food --- don't do that!). But can you get outside just for a bit? Take the girls outside to play or something. Hugs ... hope things get better for you. WHen will you be moving to your new house?
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 967 Member
    Options

Another vote for getting outside and walking here.

When I was majorly stressed in the past I walk every day, proper went for a stomping along walk, and talked to myself and thought everything through, same stuff every day :)

It will probably be more difficult for you to do that with the little ones, could you maybe take them for a walk too or to a park or something.

Also, having a good clear out and chucking stuff was good.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday February 28 Determined

I want to do more weight wise in March than I have the last few months. Everything is just staying as is, which is good but I want to lose.

Average weight for Feb was 179.0 which was 1 pound lighter than January.

I walked 55.25 miles in the house.

So, as a bit of encouragement...if you lose one pound each month and keep it off, you will weigh 169 lbs by December. I hope, because you want it, that you do lose more...but wow 169 is still a great feat. If you accomplish the difficult task of KEEPING EACH POUND OFF that is a huge victory! You'll be down a dress size! And if you keep exercising/walking your body will change. It's a journey, not a sprint :)

Peace and joy.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Cschmitz110515 - what a great checkup! Hard work and dedication pays off.

Thank you! JFT has made all the difference to me. I joined MFP Nov. 2015 but did not read any of the Community Boards, and I lost a whopping 9.5# in 14 months. Then in January 2017, I was looking for motivation and I joined JFT, best group ever! It helped me to develop habits I wanted to keep, like regular exercise again, and eat wiser. For some reason, just posting one day at a time for myself and others to see, that really helped motivate me to succeed.

A few months after joining JFT, I committed to posting my weekly weigh-in on JFT. Wow, that motivated me, at first. This past year, I've been within 10# of my goal weight, and I thought I'd easily be there by now. But, you know what? Seems it's harder for me at this point, but I'm not going to fret. And based on my doctor's reaction this week, slow and steady is fine. Definitely better than going backwards. :D
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    JFT, 2-28-19

1. Log all food! ๐Ÿ˜ข Another late night snack attack
    2. Get up and get moving! ๐Ÿ˜€
    3. Declutter entryway for desk๐Ÿ˜€ Totally reorganized the bedroom. So much more room now!
    4. Look up the website about paraprofessionals๐Ÿ˜ข Totally forgot about it
    5. Take out trash ๐Ÿ˜€ Now I just have to remember to bring it back in
    6. Rest day ๐Ÿ˜€
    7. Eat lunch! ๐Ÿ˜€
    8. Figure out dinner ๐Ÿ˜† Well I figured it out... We good take out. Although I got a salad with the dressing on the side! Then bread dipped in tomato sauce. Lol
    9. Do the dishes๐Ÿ˜ข Nope. And there's no Reston not to! There's only a handful of them!
    10. Take a shower๐Ÿ˜ข Just never got around to it
    11. Bed at a decent hour๐Ÿ˜ข Hahaha. After 1. I need to change this tonight!

JFT, 3-1-19

1. Log all food!
    2. Gym (?)
    3. Shower
    4. Dishes!!
    5. Figure out dinner!
    6. Read KC
    7. Bring in trash can
    8. Matt time
    9. Actually go to bed at a decent hour!!!
    10. March challenge (plank challenge for me!)

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,501 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Finally, time to post JFT. This morning got caught up in my job (go figure) also requests from my professional association (again ~ people know this is volunteer work, right?). Anyway...

Recap 2/28 R
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 13,735 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 32 floors :smiley:
    2) Usual breakfast & snacks / brought leftovers to work for lunch / leftovers for supper / no snacks after supper / net calories zero / 14c water = Busy evening so had small apple & water in late evening & I was satisfied. Net calories -44 :D close enough! sodium & sugar green :smiley: , fiber low-ish, protein good, 12c water :|
    3) Work: download seminar survey responses & email contacts :smiley: / resolve tech issues w/ EMT website :D stupid pop-up blockers! / complete write-ups from W night third shift site inquiries :smiley: / last site visit 2nd shift (remember mileage log) :smiley:
    4) Lunchtime: change clothes & leave on time :smile: wore layers b/c wind chill temp was 1F (-17C) ~ cancellation policy is below zero / workplace mindful snowshoe hike :D we skipped the mindful part and kept moving to keep warm / remember phone (walking app) :smiley:
    5) Evening: get glasses adjusted? decided to skip for now / pick up Beer & Biscuits (fundraiser) ticket :D available online this year so purchased the easy way / choir 6:30 :smiley: / grocery shop, unload car & put everything away :p done at 9 p.m. / prep veggies & crockpot for Fri. a.m. :p done as late weather forecast on tv was wrapping up
    6) Unplug 9:00 :) / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :neutral: 15 min. later (treadmill before work F)

JFT 3/1 F ~ Decided today is rest day. Plus I leave work early b/c of site visits during 2nd & 3rd shifts this week. Yippee!
    1) Put veggies & pot roast in crockpot before work :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories under 200 red / 14c water
    4) Work: complete write-ups from site visits & w/p summaries / submit to in-charge
    5) Locate & update JFT monthly goals / log measurements from this morning on MFP (that I forgot to do 2/28)
    6) Personal: update budget s/s / balance bank accounts / write check for car payment / make transfer / complete feedback survey / verify FSA balance & charges / other to-do's?
    7) Unplug 10:00 / floss / retainers / NO alarm (YAY), bed & tv off 11:00 (sleep in Sat.)
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 I've been the same. I have ten pounds to go...and it is hard. I think I've gotten a wee bit complacent. :(

WOY: Discipline
    JFT:
    Drink 6-8 cups water
    Exercise (working on glutes and back and under arm pit fat)
    Work on free-motion machine quilting exercises
    Get the monthly budget done
    Personal Uplift: buy a couple of book of cheapie Kindle books to take to ski area tomorrow and Sunday

Peace and joy!
    nlxop5vzm4my.png
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    So Iโ€™ve just logged my evening snack which I will have in a bit and closed my diary for the day under calorie goal. This will NOT be my usual Friday free for all. Did well all day and had good feedback on my project at work so Iโ€™m feeling good. Daughter still quite sick but her Dad will be on duty this weekend (after 4 weekends in a row where he was away) so I think I deserve the break!

Friday goals recap
    - Up early - finish lesson 6 โœ…
    - Morning workout โœ…
    - Water! โœ…
    - Meeting 11am re digital resilience lessons โœ… got great feedback from my boss ๐Ÿ˜Š
    - Home lunchtime for car โœ…
    - Confirm play date arrangement โœ…
    - Leave on time: eyebrows/tanning โœ…
    - Take P to sleepover? โŽ not needed ๐Ÿ™‚
    - Early night โœ… will do this for sure

Will be back in the morning with weekend goals but Happy Friday everyone! X
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 - I found getting time for me without doing for others was my saving grace when the girls were young. I put them to bed grabbed a good book that required no brain work, just fluff and soaked in the tub for 1/2 an hour or so. No one bothered me, the heat helped my achy nerves and muscles and it was my sanctuary. I made sure I always tidied the bathroom right after the girls baths, usually while they were in the tub so that I could truly relax and not just see something that needed doing. I still do this almost nightly as a relaxation time, Iโ€™ve been known to relax so much that I end up sleeping. I hope you find something that works for you.

@cschmitz110515 - I truly believe that JFT has helped me this last year. If not for this I think I would have given up again. I keep on coming back and wanting to do better each day though.

@toaljasa - I need to keep looking at that big picture and not get myself down. One thing Iโ€™m quite proud of is that even though Iโ€™m not losing as fast as I wanted, Iโ€™m not gaining either!

• mytime6630
    Options
    @ Cschmitz11051
    Thank you! JFT has made all the difference to me. I joined MFP Nov. 2015 but did not read any of the Community Boards, and I lost a whopping 9.5# in 14 months. Then in January 2017, I was looking for motivation and I joined JFT, best group ever! It helped me to develop habits I wanted to keep, like regular exercise again, and eat wiser. For some reason, just posting one day at a time for myself and others to see, that really helped motivate me to succeed.

A few months after joining JFT, I committed to posting my weekly weigh-in on JFT. Wow, that motivated me, at first. This past year, I've been within 10# of my goal weight, and I thought I'd easily be there by now. But, you know what? Seems it's harder for me at this point, but I'm not going to fret. And based on my doctor's reaction this week, slow and steady is fine. Definitely better than going backwards. :D

I was the same way ... I only had 12 pounds to go last October to get back to goal weight (my weight then was 189 - goal weight is 178) . My problem was getting discouraged. And then I gained 15. Now I have 25 to lose!! So take your time ... those last 10 pounds eventually will come off. But you have done so great, and such an inspiration on here to all of us!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson You GO Girl!! so positive! thank you for the shoutout
    March challenge - yup, everyday when I get home my dog is so happy to see me. I'll do this for Tater, take him out for a walk.
    Trying to get and keep my mind in the right place. Negative people at home are hell on my motivation.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 1 March

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :)

My husband comes home today after a month away, I need to resist the temptation to celebrate with too much wine. Fizz first then more wine with dinner and something with the coffee would not be a good move :):):) !