JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options

@toaljasa - I need to keep looking at that big picture and not get myself down. One thing I’m quite proud of is that even though I’m not losing as fast as I wanted, I’m not gaining either!

Exactly! I myself have become complacent in losing the ten more pounds I would like to have off. But then I think, well, I've kept the weight off for a year and that's better than I've ever done! I've lost 30 pounds and that's the best I've ever done! And I am exercising more than I ever have so yea for me! Let's meet back here in a month and see how we are doing!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    JFT, Fri
    1. log all food :)
    2. January challenge -- 8+ c water :)
    3. Feb challenge -- one snack tonite / then brush teeth, drink water. :)
    4. march challenge -- 15 minutes outside. Yes, its cold out, but bundle up and do it anyhow! :/ But took my daughter to the grocery store ...
    5. mindful eating :)
    6. do not get discouraged .... keep going :)

Tomorrow is my first weigh in at weight watchers. I'm not sure I like their "program". You count points, but so many foods they call free... like chicken, eggs, almost all fruits, and veggies. So instead of losing, I think I have gained. So I don't think this kind of program works for me. When you are a snacker like me, and tend to be a binge eater, you can't give me "free" foods ... even if they are healthy. They are still calories. So the past 2 days I've just been doing calories instead of the point system. I can use the WW meetings to keep me more accountable. I have to pay for the 3 months before I can cancel... so I may be out $100, but hoping I can at least get back on track. But, we'll see how tomorrow goes!

JFT, Sat
    1. go to WW meeting
    2. log all food
    3. jan challengs -8+ c water
    4. feb challenge - only one nite time snack
    5. mar challenge - outside walking 15 min
    6. mindful eating
    7. do not get discouraged. The scale is only a number

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    JFT, Fri
    1. log all food :)
    2. January challenge -- 8+ c water :)
    3. Feb challenge -- one snack tonite / then brush teeth, drink water. :)
    4. march challenge -- 15 minutes outside. Yes, its cold out, but bundle up and do it anyhow! :/ But took my daughter to the grocery store ...
    5. mindful eating :)
    6. do not get discouraged .... keep going :)

Tomorrow is my first weigh in at weight watchers. I'm not sure I like their "program". You count points, but so many foods they call free... like chicken, eggs, almost all fruits, and veggies. So instead of losing, I think I have gained. So I don't think this kind of program works for me. When you are a snacker like me, and tend to be a binge eater, you can't give me "free" foods ... even if they are healthy. They are still calories. So the past 2 days I've just been doing calories instead of the point system. I can use the WW meetings to keep me more accountable. I have to pay for the 3 months before I can cancel... so I may be out $100, but hoping I can at least get back on track. But, we'll see how tomorrow goes!

JFT, Sat
    1. go to WW meeting
    2. log all food
    3. jan challengs -8+ c water
    4. feb challenge - only one nite time snack
    5. mar challenge - outside walking 15 min
    6. mindful eating
    7. do not get discouraged. The scale is only a number

You remind me of when I went skiing.

It was full board, and beforehand my friend told me that 'you can basically eat what you want and you don't put on weight'.

So I did. And I put on half a stone in a week :D

It turned out that her interpretation of 'eat what you want' was very different from mine!

I wonder if it's the same with WW? As in, they assume that people just won't eat that much of those and that therefore they won't add up to much - but maybe this doesn't work if you have a binge on them?

Perhaps you could continue to call them free, but just watch your portion size rather than calorie counting?
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - 3+ bottles water :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :neutral:
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :/
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving :neutral: didn't come up
    - Give myself credit! :neutral:

- 2+ of French book, article, podcast :smiley:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Quality time with boyfriend, not just TV :smile:
    - Make a plan for weekend :/ Need to do this today

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green with 500 deficit (will be burning 1500+ in my run)
    - 4 bottles water
    - Long run, 18km+

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- Plan weekend
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast
    - Get travel books from library
    - Weekly food shop
    - Gratitude journal

Weekly calorie balance: 400 in red

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 2 March

Try to log accurately
    Try to stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge

We are out for a meal tonight so accurate logging and staying in the green may be difficult
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Big news for me today - I finally got a decent sleep! Have had my Garmin watch since Christmas and finally earned the ‘well rested’ badge as last night was the first night I’ve had 8 hours since I got it 🤣 I did get up at around 3am but went back to sleep so it still counts!

So I’ve had a good start to the weekend. A hectic child pick-up/handover/rush to the gym but managed it all and now home from my warrior class 💪 with errands done and ready to sort the house and then relax.

Saturday goals:
    - Up early and girls pack for weekend ✅
    - shower and wash hair of the poorly little one ✅
    - Pick P up from sleepover ✅
    - Take girls to meet their Dad ✅
    - Warrior class 9:30 ✅
    - Bank, pet food shop, health food shop and buy pears ✅
    - send P party invitation
    - laundry and cleaning
    - Head to bf house?

Have a great weekend all x
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Heyyyyyyyyyy to Everyone😀
    Love! Hugs! and Laughs
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 967 Member
    Options

JFT 1st March

Eat sensibly, stop when full YES
    Do housework today so weekend is free ONLY DID THE BASICS
    Visit parents YES

Glad I did visit parents as my father was ill in bed, not that I could do anything but try and cheer him up for a while.

@Snowflake1968 , it IS difficult standing back and waiting on adult children making decisions! I'm a bit more relaxed today, he has made the first decision (which I do agree with!), now he has a lot of things to sort out, including moving house and finding a new job, his current job just doesn't pay enough. At least he has his family behind him.

JFT 2nd March

Eat sensibly
    Moisturize! Have been very lazy with this lately, it's cold in the mornings!
    Visit son W, have gifts to pass on
    Clear paperwork
    March challenge - walk

We have a storm forecast for later today so will try and walk early. A walking challenge will make me move :)

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! It's almost 10 but my brain has not woken up yet so I'll keep this short. Hope everyone has a great day!

Yesterday 3/1:

1. Stay within calorie goal😁
    2. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    3. Leave work by 5:15😁
    4. Cook dinner😁
    5. Take tools out of my car😁

JFT 3/2:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps
    3. Do workout
    4. Make budget - for real this time!!!!!
    5. Order gift
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,797 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday March 1 Determined
    2L of water - 😒 I completely forgot to drink the water sitting beside me when I crafted. Only managed to get 1L in.
    Calories in Green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 3 mikes
    Plank Challenge - 🙂 42.6 sec
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Saturday March 2 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I am bringing Lauryn and the Grands out for the day. Lauryn and I have a couple of projects we want to work on. I am making potato scallop and ham for supper for her and I. I will make something else for Rodger and the kids. Rodger doesn’t like either of my choices.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,797 Member
    Options
    Mytime6630 - I have seen a lot of people that does or did WW new free points on the message boards saying they don’t understand the free points and decide to count calories on here.

Faebert - so nice to see you had a good nights sleep, that was a long time coming. Enjoy your weekend!

Zizzybumble - enjoy your meal out.

Maryrobinson40- Good morning

Littleblackskirt- glad he made one decision. I need to start moisturizing too, I’m good with my body but not my face and neck. I find after a few days of moisturizing I end up with pimples. My neck is starting to look old and I need to do something.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    I don’t feel like looking back to find my goals for yesterday as I’m certain I failed on all. I think I’m losing my grasp.

JFT Saturday

- Sleep in :)
    - Do brunch :( hubby made a huge meal I are a days worth of calories. Today is shot.
    - It’s hard to wrap my head around today and figure out how to salvage it.

No ... today is not shot!! You can do this. Just for the rest of the day ... try and eat something healthy. I find when I feel this way, if I try and get right back on track it helps. You can have a huge salad .. with some tuna or something on it. Or make a stir fry ... with lots of veggies. Or some low calorie soup. Please don't give up ... I've been there way too many times myself. Its all about what we tell ourselves ... tell yourself how great you have done so far .... tell yourself just because you ate a special meal that hubby made for you that it is OK ... you can eat lighter the rest of the day ... that you deserve to treat yourself and it is OK. So no, today is not shot. You had a wonderful meal prepared by hubby ... now you can still salvage the day with lighter choices.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT, 3-1-19

1. Log all food! 😀I had to go back this morning and add couple of things... I'm am terrible at late night snacking. I should have just gone to bed.
    2. Gym (?) 😑 Decided not to. Matt had off and I didn't feel like leaving.
    3. Shower 😀
    4. Dishes!! 😀 YES!!! OMG the drain stopper! Lol. I'll have to find the link for you @Snowflake1968
    5. Figure out dinner! 😀 Taco turkey and rice. I haven't made it in a while. Very yummy!
    6. Read KC 😑A's gonna hate me. Lol. I'm going to read it today.
    7. Bring in trash can😑 Must do this today! Mother has demanded it! Lol
    8. Matt time 😀 We hung out on the couch while the Penguins game was on. We did it own thing but we were together. And honestly, that's what matters to us
    9. Actually go to bed at a decent hour!!! 😄I honestly don't remember but I think it was before midnight so I'm going to claim this as a win.
    10. March challenge (plank challenge for me!) 😑 Not A great way to start off the monthly challenge...

So I stepped on the scale last night and it looked like I hadn't lost a single pound. I stepped on it this morning after drinking a cup of coffee and going to the bathroom and I'm down almost 2 lbs!!! I double checked it and it came it right!! I guess maybe something I'm doing is working finally! Let's see if I can keep this momentum up!

I worked on my story last night and it felt amazing. I sat on the couch, listening to classic music in my headphones, and plotted out a few scenes of my next chapter! I'm really excited about how this is going! I just need to create the DISCIPLINE (word of the year) to go back to it every day.

Okay enough babble! Lol. Onto goals!

JFT, 3-2-19

1. Log all food
    2. Go to gym
    3. Read KC
    4. Figure out dinner
    5. Plank challenge
    6. Bring in trash can
    7. Work in next chapter of AR
    8. Dishes!
    9. Bed at a decent hour!
  • mytime6630
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Todays topic: Plan ahead

I told you guys I joined WW last week, and I am going to share the topics each saturday. I had my first "official" weigh in today ... I am down 2 pounds. My weight is still higher than what I recorded here though ... because I weigh in fully clothed and with my shoes on, so eventually it'll catch up. But I did this for me ... just to get me rebooted, and with a fresh start.
    I was worried I would not lose, since my scale at home did not show a loss, but their scale reads 1# lighter than mine ... so that is a good thing. But I was so worried about all the "free" foods I can eat ... mostly fruits, eggs, etc. So, I am happy to see a loss. At least that is a motivator for me. I plan on only paying for the 3 months.

But .. onto todays topic
    It was about planning ... and how important that is. Even to plan the snacks we tend to have. She also told us we should eat something every 4 hours ... to keep us from getting too hungry. I know I am a bad planner, and I try so hard to stick to 3 meals a day. I do great during the day ... its evening I struggle. So I am going to try and plan a evening snack every nite ... but one that includes protein. She said with each meal, or even snack we eat, we should always include a protein.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    JFT (Saturday) - I will be TENACIOUS working toward my goals.

Daily Intake:
    • Log every bite.
    • Stay in the green
    • Eat only when sitting
    • Eat mindfully. Enjoy each bite. Be present.
    • Eat only if actually hungry.
    • Give mysef credit: maybe a star on the kitchen calendar if I stay green. Something visual.
    • Drink 64 oz of water

Activity

30 minutes active to include:
    • 6000 FitBit steps
    • Body Groove: Do at least one session tonight
    • Lift hand weights. Start with 10 reps, targeting 3 different muscle groups
    • Check out the gym and see if membership is still active

Miscellaneous
    • Watch GD, C, in her band solo at the competition this afternoon
    • Listen to Half Size Me podcast from this week
    • Drop off donate bag(s)
    • Read a chapter from one of my nutrition books.
    • Create my "March" bullet journal pages
    • Try to get outside for a walk with Maddie today
    • Daily Dialog :smile: DONE
    • Gratitude Journal

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 2 March

Try to log accurately. Made a best guess o:)
    Try to stay in the green. Maybe, maybe not, but close. Depends on the accuracy of my guesses ;)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge >:)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :)

We are out for a meal tonight so accurate logging and staying in the green may be difficult

Had a very nice meal, I would definitely been in the green had there not been surprise birthday cake!

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday
    -Up at 3:30 (okay 1 snooze 3:39) to go to the gym. Its the only way everything fits. :) Holy hell it's early/late. I know I've come home from bars later than this, not I'm waking up this early to work out. Go figure.

This cracked me up! I was thinking the same thing! I've come home from bars later than that, back in the day, and then got up and made it to work by 8:00. Those days are long gone for me, and I'd be thinking "holy hell!" if I got up that early too! BWAHAHAHA! :mrgreen:
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Saturday 2 March

Try to log accurately. Made a best guess o:)
    Try to stay in the green. Maybe, maybe not, but close. Depends on the accuracy of my guesses ;)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge >:)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :)

Had a very nice meal, I would definitely been in the green had there not been surprise birthday cake!

@ZizzyBumble ... You're Great!!! Proud of you!👏🙆