• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Wednesday:
    1. weight in :)
    2. drink >8C liquids :) 9
    3. 10,000 steps :) 10,531 :)
    4. no social eating at work :)
    5. do at least 30 minutes of gardening :smiley: did about 2 hours...beds almost ready for planting!
    6. get seed orders in...peas need to go in the ground! :) found peas locally, ordered the rest
    7. go to gym/cardio-weight workout :(

Thursday:
    1. weight in
    2. drink >8C liquids
    3. 10,000 steps
    4. no social eating at work
    5. go to gym/cardio-weight workout
    6. (work a bit in the garden if it is not pouring down rain)

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,338 Member
    Options
    @nlmackey98 - Yay! Glad you were able to enjoy your bike ride. Did you join the club when you first started out? Was there a slower group that you could go back to?

Positive thought - I have tea! :D

There are slower groups, but when I show up I’m hounded into going with a faster pack. I can hang with the middle group except for the steep climbs. Honestly, if I could start out with the fast folks and drop back when I failed that would be great, but the groups usually don’t ride the same routes. Right now I’m more comfortable on my own.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,763 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday April 3 Determined
    2L of water - 👿
    Calories in green - 👿
    Walk 1 Mile - 👿
    Plank Challenge - 👿
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 👿
    5 something at bathroom break - 👿
    Positive thought - we received our gallery from our family photo shoot!
    Write in Journal - 👿
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 👿

JFT - Thursday April 4 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Positive thought
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Well yesterday started out well and then evening hit. I ate almost a days calories in the evening while watching tv. I need to stop this!

I went to meet a career counsellor yesterday, she gave me some tips to change my resume a little bit, I started it three times last night and I couldn’t find the right wording. I will try again today after my doctors appointment. I think I have somehow cracked a rib. It’s certainly not from exercising.

Today I will do better. I will get out for a walk and I’ll not eat the house after Rodger goes to bed!

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    Cschmitz110515 - it must feel so nice to get back out walking in the morning again.

PackerfaninGB- what a great loss!!!!! I need to get that disciplined again.

Littleblackskirt- every time I read about someone’s medical journey on MFP I am reminded over and over again how grateful I am to live in Canada. Hope things get straightened out for you soon.

Cory17 - good for you for going to swim. I took lessons twice last year and haven’t been back to the pool since. I’m starting a 3rd set on May 2 with a friend.

Nlmackey98- Hugs to you. Im happy to see you got your ride in. I have thought about taking up riding, but haven’t had the money to purchase a bike. I love how kids don’t get messages exactly right lol

AJB1014 - that window falling sounds painful! A Florida vacation sounds wonderful, enjoy every minute of it!

Azulvioleta6 - Monday’s shouldn’t exist period, but I agree about the Monday and first day of the month. It always made me behind at work.

Bex953172 - I think that was a great positive thought. I bet you find as the month goes on it’s easier to find something to be positive about. I love how you posted your goals today, that seems like it’s set in stone.

Clicketykeys - the dishes were for @hegoodard0928, I saw it and it reminded me of her. However, I have been known to use paper plates on occasion.

Mytime6630 - I love that quote you posted. I have a couple of long time friends, I wish they lived closer so I could share a meal with them. I’m hoping to see them both this summer.

Hegoddard0928 - Hugs to you, maybe just start with the April challenge and getting a few more steps in each day. We miss you keep coming back.

Bookmeister86 - I hope you have a better work day today. I agree you need to seriously consider leaving after you receive your bonus. You have been unhappy for a long time.

Aubyshortcake - I’m not a great cook either. I would like to be, but I wouldn’t eat most of anything anyway so I don’t see the point.

Faebert - enjoy your party. I am so amazed at how you are so disciplined to get all the workouts in. I am home all day and can’t seem to find the gumption to get it done.

Johicks - you are an inspiration. I like your reward system for yourself, maybe I need to do that again.

Layfaetteanna - I hear you on the wine, I have been imbibing and snacking too. I need to stop it!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I will put these in a spoiler so it doesn’t take up the whole page. These are screenshots of our family pics from Sunday. She sent 145 images and I have to choose from them. The whole digital package is 700 and I can’t afford that right now.
    3ym2gcf7feag.png
    eg0e41tclsai.png
    qd04lovvm7xw.png
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    @nlmackey98 - Yay! Glad you were able to enjoy your bike ride. Did you join the club when you first started out? Was there a slower group that you could go back to?

Positive thought - I have tea! :D

There are slower groups, but when I show up I’m hounded into going with a faster pack. I can hang with the middle group except for the steep climbs. Honestly, if I could start out with the fast folks and drop back when I failed that would be great, but the groups usually don’t ride the same routes. Right now I’m more comfortable on my own.

Oh gosh, it's a bummer that they won't LISTEN to you. Ugh!

@Snowflake1968 - Yeah I figured, but I'm struggling with dishes too! Unfortunately it's hard to COOK with paper plates XD Those pictures are super cute!! How many do you get to pick?
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    I will put these in a spoiler so it doesn’t take up the whole page. These are screenshots of our family pics from Sunday. She sent 145 images and I have to choose from them. The whole digital package is 700 and I can’t afford that right now.
    3ym2gcf7feag.png
    eg0e41tclsai.png
    qd04lovvm7xw.png

I love these!!! Oh my gosh, I couldn't decide between 145 images if they're all this good! Your grands are adorable and you and your husband look great! Such happy smiles! xo
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    My Theme for 2019 is TENACITY

Just for Wednesday:
    1. Log every bite that goes into my mouth, good or bad :)
    2. Make mindful choices and enjoy each meal :)
    3. Attempt to add protein to every meal and snack ;)For the most part, yes.
    4. HYDRATE :)
    5. Walk at lunch :#Does parking far away from the market and then walking around the salad bar and then back to my car count? LOL!
    6. 5 somethings each break >:)TOTALLY FORGOT!
    1. Finish my Top 3 work tasks before leaving today: SU Mtg Minutes :)Halfway done. Still need screenshots./ Epic Webinar :# Too many other things came up. This will have to be a quiet Friday thing./ Review SN changes :smile:
    2. Use Stand-Up desk during Skype meetings :smile:
    3. Change negative self-talk to positive self-talk. Be confident! :smile: Dang, this is hard!!!
    4. Leave work at 4:30 p.m. :smile: Close! 4:45
    5. Walk with my best little buddy, Maddie :smiley:Miss Maddie now knows that we should be going for a walk after dinner. Guess who stays on my heels and "talks" to me until I get the leash out and ask her if she wants to go for a walk? LOL! She's keeping me honest and I love her for it!
    1. Podcasts: Joyce, HSM, OLD and OHD :smile: Joyce and HSM (older episode)
    2. Unplug by 7:00, pop low cal popcorn and watch Survivor with my Husband. :smile: Went for the ice cream instead of popcorn last night. I hadn't eaten enough calories to close my food diary so I let myself have a treat. I measured it out, logged it and enjoyed every bite!
    3. One Self-Care Act: Mani/Pedi? Skin Care? :smile: Nice hot shower after our walk/before bedtime. Don't normally shower at night, but I sure sleep better when I do!
    4. Evening Routine: Prep for tomorrow :smile:/ Shower :smile:/ Gratitude Journal :smile:/ Close my Food Diary on MFP :smile:/ Evening inspirational reads :naughty: / Calm App :smile: Listened to a sleep story...

Positive Thought for Wednesday: After logging every bite of food HONESTLY the entire month of March, I lost almost 9 lbs from my highest EVER weight! Whoop Whoop!

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @nlmackey98 Thank you so much! I think the April challenge will be good for me. I often do have a hard time thinking of good things about myself. So I'll have to pay attention now. I would love to join you on this journey!

@snowflake1968 I am definitely going to try and get more steps in. It's starting to get really nice out finally. I'm going to definitely start spending more time outside. There's a nice park nearby that I enjoy taking my parent's dog to. I'll definitely start do that again too. Also the kids are gorgeous and you and your hubby look very happy!

@PackerFanInGB That is a FABULOUS loss. I am SO proud of you! Look at you go!

Okay. I need to get moving. It's already after 11 and I have a bunch of things I want to do! Have a great day everyone!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

Just for Thursday:
    1. Log every bite that goes into my mouth, good or bad
    2. Make mindful choices and enjoy each meal
    3. Attempt to add protein to every meal and snack
    4. HYDRATE
    5. Walk at lunch
    6. 5 somethings each break
    7. Finish my Top 3 work tasks before leaving today: SU Mtg Minutes / Email clean up (Act upon, file or delete the rest of March and all of February's emails from my Inbox) / Attend noon webinar regarding Power Users.
    8. Use Stand-Up desk at least twice this afternoon.
    9. Change negative self-talk to positive self-talk. Be confident!
    10. Leave work in time for 4:30 haircut appointment
    11. Walk with my best little buddy, Maddie
    12. Podcasts: Joyce, HSM, OLD and OHD
    13. Unplug by 7:00, make popcorn on the stove and watch Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon with my Husband.
    14. One Self-Care Act: Mani/Pedi? Skin Care?
    15. Evening Routine: Prep for tomorrow / Shower / Gratitude Journal / Close my Food Diary on MFP / Evening inspirational reads / Calm App

Positive Thought for Thursday: Today when I put on my burgundy work slacks, they actually fit better! I do not feel or look like a stuffed sausage today! My first NSV... Pretty pumped about that! :mrgreen:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    05saofdunci8.jpeg
    0670czzf1nnc.jpeg
    hxfmze4j4ulw.jpeg

Since I showed you a picture of my youngest. Here are a few pictures of my oldest. She has been my fitness role model for years. The first back picture she was 8, the second she was 14, and the beam was at 15. She is actually more developed now that she is rowing. She amazes me. I didn’t even know some of those muscles existed.

Your daughters are both just beautiful! They both resemble you a lot! xoxo
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options

Just for Thursday:
    1. Log every bite that goes into my mouth, good or bad
    2. Make mindful choices and enjoy each meal
    3. Attempt to add protein to every meal and snack
    4. HYDRATE
    5. Walk at lunch
    6. 5 somethings each break
    7. Finish my Top 3 work tasks before leaving today: SU Mtg Minutes / Email clean up (Act upon, file or delete the rest of March and all of February's emails from my Inbox) / Attend noon webinar regarding Power Users.
    8. Use Stand-Up desk at least twice this afternoon.
    9. Change negative self-talk to positive self-talk. Be confident!
    10. Leave work in time for 4:30 haircut appointment
    11. Walk with my best little buddy, Maddie
    12. Podcasts: Joyce, HSM, OLD and OHD
    13. Unplug by 7:00, make popcorn on the stove and watch Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon with my Husband.
    14. One Self-Care Act: Mani/Pedi? Skin Care?
    15. Evening Routine: Prep for tomorrow / Shower / Gratitude Journal / Close my Food Diary on MFP / Evening inspirational reads / Calm App

Positive Thought for Thursday: Today when I put on my burgundy work slacks, they actually fit better! I do not feel or look like a stuffed sausage today! My first NSV... Pretty pumped about that! :mrgreen:

Haha i watch Big Bang and YS too!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Have you thought any more about opening an Etsy store? Many people make a good living selling their crafts. I am always amazed at how well some people do. I wouldn't even know how to go about it, personally, and I am not talented enough in anything to open one. But I'm one of those people who will buy things I see that OTHER people make. Those who cannot do, buy from others... :) I'd share your Etsy page on my FB page if that would help.

@mytime6630 LOVE the picture today! It's so true that I'm thinking that I will print it out and hang it on my bulletin board in front of my desk at work. It's a great reminder!

@HEGoddard0928 So happy to see you back! I was just thinking this morning that I was going to send you a private message to see how you were doing. I miss your dirty dishes comments! LOL! (((HUGS)))

@Bex953172 Good goals, except I would hate to see you put too much on yourself with all you have going on! You have so much to keep up with, that I would think just logging your food would be enough to start with! :smile: Are you getting all settled in your new place? Starting to feel like home?

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    @bookmeister86 - I think it was you that was overwhelmed with meetings. I saw this on a satire site and thought of you.
    https://themanatee.net/gnb-employees-demand-more-meetings-about-meetings/
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @clicketykeys - soon we can Barbecue and that helps with the pots and pans at least.
    I can choose what I want for the pictures, to but the whole package with release to print wherever and how many I want it is 700.00. Certain images are 50.00 each for the release. I can have her print 8X10’s for 15.00 each, which I think I will start with. She stated that she keeps the files for 90 days, but I’m going to ask if there is anything I can do to have that extended so that I can hopefully get work and get more. I’ve also asked the girls if they want to go together to get me some for Mother’s Day.

@PackerFanInGB - you are killing it! I have looked into Etsy, but I haven’t figured out what to make to sell when it’s not Christmas time. Rodger and I were talking about it this week and trying to come up with something that is inexpensive to do that we could maybe do a couple craft fairs this month. We haven’t come up with anything yet.

I’m at the doctors office and I think I’m going to have a long wait, it’s very busy here today.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    Recap W 4/3
    1) Walked dog before work 3.49 mi 1:03:03 & stretched after ~ a bit nippy with wind chill temp of 23F (-5C) so wore my layers, will be happy when I won't have to anymore = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 15,808 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! & 44 floors :smiley:
    3) All meals & snacks prelogged except supper / soup supper at church ~ 1 piece bread, 1 small dessert, don't go crazy w/ soups & guesstimate on food log / net calories zero / 14c water = Couldn't wait for soup supper to eat so made popcorn to munch on before I left home. Guesstimated 2 soups (portion control :D ) & dessert (cookie & 2 v small bars), no bread, best I could. Net calories -100 :p , sodium green :smiley: , sugar -10, fiber excellent, protein so-so, 14c water
    4) Evening: deposit seminar checks at bank :smiley: / soup supper 6:15 :smiley: love it when ladies from sister church host ~ food is delicious & so many tempting desserts! / Lent service 7:00 :smiley: / meal plan & grocery list ~ start planning Easter dinner groceries (have enough candy, still in sealed bags in dining room :D helps that we don't use that room much) :smiley: good progress on list
    5) Unplug 9:00 :s / floss :s / retainers :s / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :smiley: so tired (mammo appt. 8:15 a.m. R)

JFT R 4/4
    1) Leave in time for annual mammo, no deodorant & take incentive form ~ my employer pays me $50 for this test as long as I have the right form signed (forgot form for annual physical and there was faxing involved ~ FAXING!) = :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Leave on time for weekly workplace walk (OCHC) during lunch / take tech gloves & phone / email sign-up form for new months
    4) Meals & snacks prelogged (eating up more leftovers, which I like) / net calories zero / 14c water
    5) Evening: choir 6:30 (music room this time, not choir space) / grocery shop after, bring everything in & put away / other?
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (x-train before work F)

Today's Positive Thought: With family history of various cancers on paternal side, and A-fib / strokes on maternal side, I take my health screenings seriously. Mammo results this morning: Normal/Benign ~ happy me!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    Consistency
    Exercise :)
    Have got to stop eating the chips at work!! NO MORE! Bring more roughage or put water at hand. :) after declaration
    AT least Hour of board review :)
    Walk my happy tater :)
    Go through a drawer, a bin, a shelf :):) Emptied 2 shoebox bins from closet
    Prep for tomorrow
    :) kindof

JFT Thurs Consistency
    Exercise :)
    No chips at work ;) 1
    Board review
    Walk
    Go thru drawer, bin, shelf
    Prep

Positive thought: Blessings abound in my life.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday April 3 Determined
    2L of water - 👿
    Calories in green - 👿
    Walk 1 Mile - 👿
    Plank Challenge - 👿
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 👿
    5 something at bathroom break - 👿
    Positive thought - we received our gallery from our family photo shoot!
    Write in Journal - 👿
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 👿

Today I will do better. I will get out for a walk and I’ll not eat the house after Rodger goes to bed!

Something that helped me was to set out the dress I was wearing for the wedding, in plain sight so I would see it. Maybe right by the kitchen? Mine was in the room where I exercised so I wouldn't give up or do it halfway.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    1. Be kind :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Drink more water :)
    4. Bed by 10:00 :)

JFT Thurs
    1. Waters
    2. Log all food
    3. Any laundry needed for tomorrow
    4. Start Packing