JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Positive thought of the day: (ahh this is hard)

I won against Marley and her biggest "refuse to walk" tantrum yet lol?

This is a good positive thought! I remember so well the tantrum stages!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Hey guys just quickly popping on as I head home for my car this lunchtime. Quick question- I did my usual long run this morning and actually even overshot - 10.4km in an hour. Fitness watch said I had fastest mile, fastest 5k and fastest 10k as well as longest ever run. But weirdly showed my heart rate as maxing at 145bpm. That’s compared to a max of 190 this time last week on a slightly easier run?! Not too bothered but it’s also allotted me just 400 odd calories for it compared to 580 last week. That can’t be right can it?? Do you think the heart rate monitor is off?!

Nice to think I’m suddenly magically much fitter in a week but a) I doubt it and b) I want those extra exercise calories!!

Ideas? X

That sounds wrong to me. Not sure about the heart rate, but the last 9.6k run I did burnt 880 cals! And my 4k runs regularly burn around 400 so there's no way a 10k run burnt only 400!

Is it possible the GPS malfunctioned? Mine does that sometimes.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday 4 April

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 967 Member
    Options

JFT 3rd April

Eat sensibly Meals were ok, had 2 small pieces of shortbread though,oops
    Do back exercises Don't think I did any
    Pay bills Yes
    Visit parents Yes
    Food shop Yes
    Ironing No
    Pluck up the courage to make doctors appointment Tried and failed

JFT 4th April

Eat sensibly
    Do back exercises
    Visit parents
    Possibly baby sit
    Round 2 of trying to find my medical records

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 - lots of smiley faces on your post, a good day :D

@PackerFanInGB - great weight loss, well done!

@Bex953172 - if you find it difficult to find positive thoughts about yourself, maybe start with more general positive things? Like a lovely walk in the sunshine or a really nice meal?

My positive thought today, hmm it's still early, I haven't done anything yet!
    It's still sooo cold outside, I'm really grateful that I have central heating to keep me warm :)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Right, here we go!

JFT (Thurs)
    I will...
    - Drink 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Not shout today
    - Do some decorating

JFT
    I might...
    - Do some exercise
    - Get the clothes put away properly

JFT
    I WILL NOT...
    - Binge eat
    - Mindlessly eat
    - Give up if i mess up!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food👎
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Workout at home 👍
    4. One healthy post dinner snack 👎 hubby brought home cake and it was all downhill from there

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Gym
    4. One healthy post dinner snack
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I can't believe it's Thursday already, how did that happen??

@nlmackey98 I think going for a ride is a great idea, even if it's just a short one! You can do it, I hope you have fun!

I love this whole positive thought for the day idea.

Positive thought for today: The last dinner I made was actually really good, and I think tonight's will be too. I've always been ok at cooking but nothing special, and I think my cooking is really starting to improve!

Yesterday 4/3:

1. Stay within calorie goal😑 about 40 over, nothing crazy tho
    2. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    3. Finish work at 5:15😑
    4. Call pharmacy😁
    5. Put away ALL clean clothes and towels😁
    6. Get pills for Rukia (one of our dogs)😁

JFT 4/4:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Finish work at 5:15
    4. Call doctor to see why my prescription refill was denied/get it all sorted out
    5. Work out after work
    6. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    7. Talk to co-worker about what to get boss for his bday
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Have had such a hectic morning I’m only just getting on here now at lunchtime! I woke early to finish the mini spinach and feta pastries for the party tonight. It actually took ages so I wasn’t able to do my workout and wet out for a run. So I decided at the last minute to do a 6:30am Warrior class. Really glad I did it and made it to work on time. Hopefully nearly there now for the party tonight!

Wednesday goals recap:
    - morning long run ✅
    - pack snack inc veggies and milk for work ✅
    - leave on time (staff choir at 8:30) ✅ yes - shame choir was cancelled!
    - planning time (1x snack only) ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - leave by 5 ✅
    - health food store, pick up salad ingredients and get eyebrows threaded ✅
    - make spinach pie filling and cake icing ✅
    - general tidy and vacuum ✅
    - read karaoke machine instructions and set up❎ whoops!
    - bed by 9:30 ❎

Thursday goals:
    - finish spinach pies ✅
    - Warrior class at 6:30am ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - leave early (remember buffet contributions, speakers, boxes for ice)
    - stop at shop for ice, fruit, soda water
    - party set-up
    - party! Stay mindful but enjoy

Hope you all have a good day. Will catch up with you all later/tomorrow x
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Good morning from Michigan!

I forgot to post last night; but I did get it done. Even though my exercise isn’t intense, I did move a lot yesterday and can feel it today. So I did only 7 minutes and stretched for 3 minutes; but I can tell I need to stretch some more. I’ll recap yesterday and post today’s too. Making good choices and starting to feel the fog lift from my brain. And I know that as long as I stick to those good habits, the pounds will shed and my body wont’ ache so much.

@mytime6630 – I hear you about getting back on track. I hope you do it sooner than I did. I avoided MFP and other groups, ya know thinking that I was in a hole and no one saw me- LOL. It looks like your goals are being accomplished! Have you ever looked online for the menu of the place you’re going to eat to help make a good choice even before you get there? Sometimes that helps me A LOT! Then I don’t even look at the menu. AND now I have certain go-to foods at various restaurants and they are programmed into MFP. Hope those nuts don’t drive you crazy! Haha

@Snowflake1968 – I have had almost a year of eating after dinner and put back on almost all my weight from just those night binges. I can be good all day, then BAM! So, the end of March, I got my mind straight. And told myself I needed to be realistic about my choices- period! There is no fast track to anything that will last. So then I found a few groups (like this one) in that week and made a plan for April. I have a little checklist to start my night routine when I get home from work with five points to be earned. And the next morning I reward myself with $1. (I have a stash of kids’ fake money.) The other night I didn’t get my $1, but I did get 3 points. The other bad habit I have is being too hard on myself and that triggers punishment by food! So, I am learning I am not perfect, but that I am working towards my goals.

@AJB1014 – I love the lost of habits you want to develop. I am getting back into some of my old GOOD habits, and it isn’t taking too long to stick to them.

@cschmitz110515 – I’m getting that some wintry/snow mix here in Northern Michigan. ACK! Is right. I did manage to walk in the snow/rain the other day. I told my co-workers that gave me an excuse for my bad hair-day. LOL I also pre-log my food every morning. It helps me figure out what to pack, to account for my plans for the day, and then I only have to think about food once/ day; instead of at every meal/snack time. You’re inspiring.

WRT to chocolate… I make my own No Bake Fake protein snack bars. I’ll share the recipe when I make another batch. It should be this week.

@clicketykeys – You are busy! Love the lists and getting them checked off. Balance is hard. Teachers are DEFINITELY under appreciated. Hope you’re doing well.

@harriscnc - You can do it! Yes.. love the motivation here.

Sorry for all those I didn’t get to comment on/about. You’re all doing great and are so encouraging. Thank you for all the posts and shares. Got to get my Weds. Recap and JFT Thursday posted. <<hugs>>
  • johicks
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    JFT ~Wednesday (4/03)
    Morning Affirmations
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Plan & Pack meals/Snacks
    Track
    10 Min upper body toning (no weights)
    5 Min floor stretches
    15 Min clean something before work (dancing while doing it!)
    Walk 20 mins.
    Work
    At mom’s: 10 min ab-doer
    At mom’s dinner: eat packed dinner, mindfully at the table.

Put Night plan into effect to not binge (when at home):
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face
    Drink hot tea
    Make 1 batch air-popped popcorn & Watch survivor
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner.

Jan~ Drink 8+ water.
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack aft din.
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside
    April challenge. Say something positive
    I have a husband who loves me (sometimes too much with food!!) & my mom so much that he makes sure I have extra time with her. She's my best friend.

JFT ~Wednesday (4/03)
    Morning Affirmations
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Plan & Pack meals/Snacks
    Track
    10 Min upper body toning (no weights)
    5 Min floor stretches
    15 Min clean something before work (dancing while doing it!) - Did 30 mins, while preparing meals, too.
    Walk 20 mins.
    Work
    At mom’s: 10 min ab-doer
    At mom’s dinner: eat packed dinner, mindfully at the table.

Drink hot tea
    Make 1 batch air-popped popcorn & Watch survivor

Jan~ Drink 8+ water.
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack aft din.
    I have a husband who loves me (sometimes too much with food!!) & my mom so much that he makes sure I have extra time with her. She’s my best friend.
  • johicks
    Options
    JFT ~Thursday (4/04)
    Morning Affirmations
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Plan & Pack meals/Snacks
    Track
    10 Min am exercise: 7 mins on glider, 3 mins stretch
    5 Min floor stretches
    15 Min clean something before work (dancing while doing it!)
    Walk 15 mins.
    Work

Drink hot tea

Jan~ Drink 8+ water.
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    I’m slowly learning to balance my life, my choices, and having a healthy relationship with food and others. This needs to stick for me to keep the weight off.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Catch up with emails; call mac store again.
    3. Update JFT before leaving for Y by 8:00. BodyPump. Library - drop books off, pick up new one.
    4. Revise unit plans. Create poetry test. Blog post. Coloring 30 minutes.
    5. Read 20 pages of Tidying Up and 10 of Capital. Scrub tile spots with mineral oil.
    6. Hopefully I can get the husband to pay taxes and cook chicken.
    7. Park run - aim for 3 miles < 45 minutes. Maybe go for a walk together.
    8. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. (Post-break: Review checklist. Read printouts to group members. Study what makes speeches engaging. Evaluate & compare sample speeches.)

JFT Thursday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Run dishwasher.
    2. Catch up with emails; call mac store again. Call E again. Drive around to check how far a mile is in our neighborhood.
    3. Lunch with B 12:30. Plan & log Friday food.
    4. Create review plan for Class 4. Finalize class 1-2 plans. Lang8 post. Coloring 30 minutes. Laundry 15 minutes.
    5. Read 20 pages of Tidying Up and 10 of Capital. Scrape tile spot?
    6. Hopefully I can get the husband to pay taxes and fold laundry with me. Maybe make stock from the chicken bits leftover?
    7. Park run - aim for 4 miles < 60 minutes. Maybe go for a walk together.
    8. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. (Post-break: Review checklist. Read printouts to group members. Study what makes speeches engaging. Evaluate & compare sample speeches. Bring balsamic vinaigrette home.) (Friday - Drop book off at library.)

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 188.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. Managed TWENTY pages of Piketty's Capital yesterday. BOOM! I am feelin' like a BOSS. Hopefully it'll get easier as I continue. I'm 16% in and I've been working on it for two months. :worried: Yikes! Exercise, however, still sucks. :P I did post to my blog - FINALLY - though it feels like it's harder to connect with other teachers than it used to be :(
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Just lost a post!!!! GAAH!!!Dump app!

Okay lets try this again.

It's been a while since I've logged in, let alone posted. I can't believe I'm more then 300 posts behind!

I haven't done anything at all honestly. I just sat around and ate. I haven't walked more then 4k steps in the last like 2 weeks. I know that part of it is depression. I had a negative pregnancy test again. I had some possible symptoms that could have also been because of the concussion. I let my hopes rise again. I took the test and it came back negative and down they plummeted. But I need to pick myself back up and get back in the saddle.

I'm going to get on the scale tomorrow for the first time in about a week and a half and to be honest, I'm fricken terrified. I'm almost back up to the weight I was when I started this journey back in 2017. I can't believe it. I'm pretty angry at myself for it. I'm just gotten really lazy. This has always been my problem with everything. I lack any kind of discipline. I've never had it. Like at all. And I dont know how to gain any. Anyone got any ideas?

Okay enough complaining. Onto goals.

I've had a "sat around and ate" 3 weeks and put back most of the weight I've lost. Depression is a b!tch. Maybe we can both start fresh. I'm thinking the April Challenge of a positive thought might do us some good. I have a hard time saying positive things about me, so I think I'll say something positive about you first and then something positive about me.

About you: You are very strong for coming back and getting back on track even though things are tough.

About me: I can do things physically that most people my age can't do even though I'm not "in shape" by my standards.

Cheers to you!
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got a good long walk in with a friend so my steps were over 11K, kept my calories under 1700 and only had some popcorn and a big glass of water after dinner. Yeah! That's the kind of permanent habit I need. On to today - JFT: Lots of fresh veggies and fruit, mindful snacking (about 100 calories) and most important no wine after dinner which leads me to extra snacking.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    05saofdunci8.jpeg
    0670czzf1nnc.jpeg
    hxfmze4j4ulw.jpeg

Since I showed you a picture of my youngest. Here are a few pictures of my oldest. She has been my fitness role model for years. The first back picture she was 8, the second she was 14, and the beam was at 15. She is actually more developed now that she is rowing. She amazes me. I didn’t even know some of those muscles existed.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @nlmackey98 - Yay! Glad you were able to enjoy your bike ride. Did you join the club when you first started out? Was there a slower group that you could go back to?

Positive thought - I have tea! :D