JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Mytime6630 - look at you go! That is impressive!

Maryrobinson40 - babies tend to come when they want to don’t they? I bet even if the timing isn’t perfect you will be in heaven.

Zizzybumble - I am with you about being a piggy and then needing to cut back. I’m supposed to be losing but just barely maintaining. I hope that things improve so I have my head more in the game soon.

Cschmitz110515 - beautiful picture.

Nlmackey98 - what a wonderful story for you to share with Bex. Mother/daughter relationships are so complicated. I have one daughter that is me through and through and another that is my husband. I love them both equally, but in different ways. Beautiful daughter!

Daneejela - thanks for the advice. We seemed to connect more yesterday, I think the family photos on Sunday helped remind us of how blessed we are and how as a team we do pretty good work. I feel much better now, I truly believe I was overreacting and should have respected his way of coping more.

Johicks - I need to have that kitchen closed mentality too. I struggle terribly in the evenings.

Bex953172 - I think Ash is right that you need to build the relationship with Saskia, but it’s also really important that he backs you and steps in when needed. It will show her a united front. Having a child like yourself is difficult and sometimes we project what we don’t like about ourselves onto the child. It’s good to see and remember that they aren’t exactly you and they still have a lot of growing and learning to do. Hugs, you are doing a great job!

Littleblackskirt- you are doing well.

Aubyshortcake - feel better

AJB1014 - look at you go! I so agree with you about the fast food, it is so fleeting.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Its already April ... who is ready for another small challenge??

This is something I think helps anyone .. write down at least one positive thought each day.

Here is a reminder of previous challenges. I am still trying to incorporate each months challenge everyday ... building new, healthy habits.

January Challenge:
    Drink 8+ cups of water a day
    February Challenge: Limit your nite time snacking to only 1 snack... then brush teeth, do something to stop at just that one snack
    March Challenge: Go outside for a walk for a minimum of just 15 minutes. The fresh air is good for us, and for me, even 15 minutes of walking can help clear my head.

April Challenge:

Write down a positive thought each day
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    Eugh i cant believe its april and ive not done any exercise.
  • Bex953172
    Options

LOL @mytime6630 thats like the complete opposite of what you were going for with the April Challenge πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • mytime6630
    edited April 2019
    Options

LOL @mytime6630 thats like the complete opposite of what you were going for with the April Challenge πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

OK Bex -- turn that saying around and say .... "Its only April 2nd, and I only missed one day of exercise" .. but I did TONS of work cleaning my house ... (which you have been doing!) !!

See ... how easy is that :D:D
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 2 April

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :) surprisingly yes as I was off to a very slow start this morning
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :) why did it rain just after I'd left the house?
    April challenge? :) Noticed the iris in the garden were looking lovely so picked some for my mum and she was pleased to receive them. That means we both enjoyed them and the giving/receiving.

Has anyone thought about an April challenge please? Thank you @mytime6630 for the suggestion

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968. I hope You have some good news on the job front soon and I am pleased that you have some financial assistance. I hope that eases you stress levels.

I wish I could find more time to comment individually to others but, at the moment, work and getting to sleep have to take precedence. I am amazed at how much some of you accomplish each day and the tenacity shown in the face of challenge. This is a hugely supportive group.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options

You could say "I'm POSITIVE I haven't done any exercise!" right? ;)
  • Bex953172
    Options

OK Bex -- turn that saying around and say .... "Its only April 2nd, and I only missed one day of exercise" .. but I did TONS of work cleaning my house ... (which you have been doing!) !!

Haha, joan, ive not exercised since 1st Jan!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    JFT ~Tuesday (4/02)
    Morning Affirmations √
    Check~in w/MFP pals √
    Plan & Pack meals/Snacks √
    Track √
    15 Min clean something before work √
    Park in town
    Walk to mom’s & back (20+ min) √
    Work √
    Put Night plan into effect to not binge:
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face √
    Eat dinner mindfully at the table √
    Drink hot tea √
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say β€œKitchen Closed!” √
    Post on MFP just before lights out or in the morning, not after dinner. √
    Book in hand. In bed. I CAN DO this. No reason to leave bedroom, master bath connected. I brought a stick of gum and put on night stand, just in case.

Jan~ Drink 8+ water. √
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack aft din.√
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside √

Yes! Ready for April challenge.
    I am grateful for the positive attitudes, accomplishments, and efforts towards goals that I am reading on MFP and thus thread before lights out. You help me be positive about this journey.
  • johicks
    Options
    @ncarroll_18 .... Yes! Keep walking and keep coming here. Welcome.
  • johicks
    Options
    @snowflake1968. I hope You have some good news on the job front soon and I am pleased that you have some financial assistance. I hope that eases you stress levels.

I wish I could find more time to comment individually to others but, at the moment, work and getting to sleep have to take precedence. I am amazed at how much some of you accomplish each day and the tenacity shown in the face of challenge. This is a hugely supportive group.

I wish I had more time to respond to each. But if we don't take care of ourselves, then we are no good for others. We understand.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    I'm new here but I started April similar to a new year. It was a new month and a Monday and time to get my life together. Yesterday I walked a mile around the pond at work and today I took my dog for a 25 minute walk. 19 more days then walking becomes a habit right?

I started posting in this group of wonderful people last April and I owe a lot of my success and certainly my sanity to them. I had lost 25 pounds by December but now I’m up 3 or 4 pounds. I owe it to this group that that’s not up to a 30 pound gain!
  • mytime6630
    edited April 2019
    Options

Haha, joan, ive not exercised since 1st Jan!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

5oai1oonkbvu.jpg

ONLY KIDDING BEX!!!!

But ...yes you HAVE been excercising!!
    Chasing 3 little toddlers around ..
    moving into a new house ...
    packing up all your stuff
    walking the girls to school
    chasing hubby around ;)
    etc etc etc

.... Give yourself lots of credit here!! Remember ... positive thoughts!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    So why can't I find my goals again!!! Man, I am losing it!! LOL!! Well (I guess at 67 that happens!) I was sure I posted goals.
    But today, and yesterday, I am struggling. This time I am having a harder time getting back on track, but at least I am excercising a lot with yard work, and trying! . But today, I ate well all day, but then we went to Longhorn for dinner. I again had my chicken breast and brocolli, and hubby told them not to bring the bread to the table. But tonite... I am into the mixed nuts again!! So I have to STOP IT!!! So, I am going to go and brush my teeth, and fill my glass up with water, and stay away from the nuts!

SO while I didn't set goals, here's what I accomplished
    1. mindful eating :) All day great ... tonite, one handful of nuts, but mindfulness, and now I am going to stop that.
    2. log my food :) Logging on WW site right now
    3. jan challenge - 8+ water. Will meet that goal tonite (already had 6) :)
    4. feb challenge -- one nitetime snack ... already had nuts, so no more :)
    5. mar challenge -- 15 minutes outside. Raked leaves for 60 min
    6. april challenge - one positive thing. The most positive thing today is you guys. Having this thread, with the most awesome online friends, is a huge positive in my life. Even though I joined WW for 3 months to jumpstart my weight loss, and get me out of the funk I was in, I will always continue coming on here because of all you guys! And once the 3 months are over.. I'll be back logging my food here.

JFT, Wed
    1. dinner with a friend - make good choices
    2. work on pc boards
    3. fertilize periannals and put down grass seed
    4. jan chall = 8+ water
    5. feb chall - 1 nite time snack
    6. mar challenge - 15 minutes outside
    7. april challenge - list one positive thing

• mytime6630
    Options
    I'm new here but I started April similar to a new year. It was a new month and a Monday and time to get my life together. Yesterday I walked a mile around the pond at work and today I took my dog for a 25 minute walk. 19 more days then walking becomes a habit right?

Great job! Yes, walking will become a habit you will look forward to! And welcome!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    So why can't I find my goals again!!! Man, I am losing it!! LOL!! Well (I guess at 67 that happens!) I was sure I posted goals.
    But today, and yesterday, I am struggling. This time I am having a harder time getting back on track, but at least I am excercising a lot with yard work, and trying! . But today, I ate well all day, but then we went to Longhorn for dinner. I again had my chicken breast and brocolli, and hubby told them not to bring the bread to the table. But tonite... I am into the mixed nuts again!! So I have to STOP IT!!! So, I am going to go and brush my teeth, and fill my glass up with water, and stay away from the nuts!

SO while I didn't set goals, here's what I accomplished
    1. mindful eating :) All day great ... tonite, one handful of nuts, but mindfulness, and now I am going to stop that.
    2. log my food :) Logging on WW site right now
    3. jan challenge - 8+ water. Will meet that goal tonite (already had 6) :)
    4. feb challenge -- one nitetime snack ... already had nuts, so no more :)
    5. mar challenge -- 15 minutes outside. Raked leaves for 60 min
    6. april challenge - one positive thing. The most positive thing today is you guys. Having this thread, with the most awesome online friends, is a huge positive in my life. Even though I joined WW for 3 months to jumpstart my weight loss, and get me out of the funk I was in, I will always continue coming on here because of all you guys! And once the 3 months are over.. I'll be back logging my food here.

My husband has been buying mixed nuts for a few months now. Holy crow are they ever easy to get carried away on! What I've been doing is opening the container right away, then measuring them into serving size Snack Baggies. (I think 1/4 cup equals 1 serving.) I account for that one baggie as my evening snack by prelogging it, and then I don't mindlessly eat too many but instead I eat them slower and more mindfully without feeling guilty about it. I figure they are healthier than chips and they give me the salty crunch I'm craving...

:smile:

My positive thought today is... Today I got to take my dog for a walk outside and there were birds singing, squirrels and rabbits all over the place and a beautiful sky. Life is beautiful! :flowerforyou: