JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 22 May

I read posts this morning but forgot to post my own goals!

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge ;) think so but not good with my logging
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :) 4 miles admiring the views
    Apr challenge :) my flight south has been cancelled and I am staying on Skye for another 2 weeks!
    May challenge >:) not good at this one!

Yesterday's sloth did not do too much harm. No early swim today, we overslept so it's on the plan for tomorrow!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 5/22 Recap:

30 minutes yoga :| Did 10 minutes
    30 minutes running :) Plus a 20 minute walk!
    log all food & stay in green :) Going to book club but my plan is to have tea after yesterday's bad day
    Drink more water -Fill bottle at least twice :) Didn't exactly fill it twice but drank so much water I'm calling it a win
    Choose healthy at lunch out :)
    Meditation x 3 (one minute breathing exercises) :| Did 1

Heading out to book club but not planning on over indulging. Keeping myself honest on here!
  • jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I’m in Brisbane. Australia’s best kept secret. :) We have delightful weather particularly in the winter. Warm sunny days and cold nights. We have over 2000 kms of dedicated cycle ways and walking paths particularly along the river. No excuses here for not exercising.
    I find the hardest part of exercise of any kind is getting started. :s

1. Logged food ✅
    2. Exercised for 45 minutes ✅ mix of walking, stretching and body weight exercise
    3. Stayed in the green zone ✅
    4. Planned meals ✅
    5. Picked up garden leaves ✅
    6. Eat after dinner 😡

23rd May
    1. Log food
    2. Healthy choices when out to lunch
    3. Pick up more garden stuff
    4. Do laundry
    5. Plan dinner
    6. Stay in green
    7. Exercise in afternoon at least 40 minutes up some hills.

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I've been dipping into the snacks at work lately which adds up. Last sundays exercise has my hip still hurting so think will probably have to get it replaced over the winter break. I have been in denial about it getting worse. And in denial about how much it is probably affected by weight. :(
    tomorrow:
    NO SNACKS
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - Be in the green with a 250+ deficit :smile:
    - 4 bottles water :neutral: 3.5
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Run to work :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :smile:
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :smile:
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :smile:

- 45+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - French vocab (new + practise) :smile:
    - French podcast :smile:
    - Talk to boyfriend in French :smile:
    - Duolingo :smiley:
    - Finish work at 5pm :smile:
    - Practice presentation before class :smile:
    - Pack suitcase for long weekend :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :/ There's always something left undone isn't there?!

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 3+ bottles water

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45+ minute lunch break
    - French vocab (new + practise)
    - French verbs (practise)
    - French podcast
    - French reading
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - Duolingo
    - Leave work by 6.45pm

Weekly calorie balance: 140 in the GREEN :smile:

Today's positive thought: I'm off to see my mum today!

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I will exercise mindful moderation today: By sticking to my plan and allowing myself ONE G&T on the train home. And not buying any snacks, so that I can have a dark KitKat from my mum's massive stash when I get home :smile:

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Sat on my train ready to set off on the two-hour journey up to see the breast team’s psychologist.

Had a rough night last night. I’ve realised just how much fitness has become part of my identity in the last couple of years, especially since the break-up of my marriage. It’s how I fill my spare time and a huge part of my self-esteem and mental health. The idea of being forced to stop post op scares the hell out of me. Mostly because I’m not sure what else I have in my life that brings me the same fulfilment. Of course my children and my job, but when the work day is done and the kids are in bed or with their dad and I’m on my own again, what is there?! Friends and family already think I do too much so I can’t share my fears with them. But they simply can’t understand how it feels to have gone from the unathletic chubby girl to someone who feels fit and strong and is now terrified that it was all a lie and this will send me back to how I was!

I’m sorry for venting in this way, but it helps to write it down as I really don’t feel like I can talk to anyone in real life. I guess all I can do for now is be honest in the appointment and focus on one day at a time. So, goals...

Wednesday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - Remember class photo day (wear something nice and do hair 😉) ✅
    - Early to work, pick up German snacks for geography lesson ✅
    - Sort kids for class trip ✅
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - Reports drafts x3 to boss ✅
    - Check handover ✅
    - Leave by 4:10 to pick up kids ✅
    - Help L pack for school camp-out
    - Piano lesson for kids and prep dinner for straight after ✅
    - Pack kit for warrior class ✅
    - Check train tickets for tomorrow ✅
    - Bed by 9:30 ❎

Thursday goals:
    - get up early, prep for gym class ✅
    - Warrior 6:30 ✅
    - drop kids to school ✅
    - pack laptop and snacks ✅
    - train at 9:40 ✅
    - reports on train
    - appt 12:30
    - meet sis for coffee after
    - train back @ 3:04pm (get healthy late lunch/snack)
    - bed by 9:30

Have a good day all. Will check back later x
  • korina75
    Options
    @Faebert You might have to take a pause while you recover but I bet if you talk to your drs they can give you things you can do while in recovery. Sorry you are having to go through all that! Big hugs!

@bookmeister86 Have a great time with your Mum!

@cory17 Sorry your hip is bothering you. Have you tried swimming until you can get it replaced? It definitely helps to be in water. My aunt had hers replaced last year and feels amazing now. And her recovery wasn't too bad either!

@ginnytez That's so sad, I'm sorry for your loss. I imagine that is a really tough anniversary every year. Big hugs to you.

• korina75
    Options
    JFT 5/23
    45 minute run
    30 minute yoga
    110 points in apple watch challenge
    stay within calories
    drink extra water
    5 veg/2 fruit
    5 minute meditation

Intention for today is listen to my body. I want to make sure that I eat enough and make good choices with food. Yesterday I did not eat enough and slept poorly. I was overtired and didn't feel like going back downstairs to eat but I am not doing myself any favors by denying myself food when I clearly needed it. I was in a deficit and that doesn't happen too often so I just pushed through the hunger. Anyway, I am letting it go and today I'll listen to my body. It's my big run day so I definitely will need fuel. I'm still doing a may apple watch challenge and want to cap out my points today. Tomorrow will be an easy day/rest day so I know I can do it! Mantra for today is MAX THOSE POINTS!
    Have a great day all!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food👎 eh, kind of but not entirely
    2. Gym to lift weights on own👍
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. Healthy snack after dinner 👎

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Barre class
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Healthy snack after dinner
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I've procrastinated a lot this morning so I better hurry, but big hugs to all who are struggling through difficult times.

Yesterday 5/22:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞 went a few hundred over.. Bleh
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁
    5. Do workout😁
    6. Cook dinner😁

JFT 5/23:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Go for another walk after dinner
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday May 23

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. AM run: 3 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Update JFT by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update first directions. Update class websites. Meet with M about honors projects. "Triage"?
    3. Class 1-2: Prep for final; write sample essay.
    4. Planning: Grade late work. Enter. Grade projects. Enter.
    5. Class 4: Final exams. Evaluate assessments and assign standards. Select quizzes to replace some projects.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Draft essay. Chop celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    8. Gratitude journal. Read 10 pages of Shortest. Pack towel?
    9. Therapy exercises at 8:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00. Update Goodreads Friday.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing.
    Positive thought: I can do it. I can do it. I can do it.
  • purwonder
    purwonder Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am thankful and grateful that Jesus has blessed me with another day to show him how much I trust him by making him my comforter and not food. I will allow God to be my protector, friend, provider, and savior. I will allow the lord to handle all circumstances in my life that I cannot control. But I can control what I eat and my portions.

JFT:
    Stick with my plan
    15 minutes of cardio
    Be joyful
    Laugh
    Smile
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Ongoing Goals
    1. Rake up more magnolia leaves
    2. Declutter mudroom
    3. Declutter spare bedroom
    4. Store away spare bed linens
    5. Laundry in basement
    6. Hyundai being picked up Weds 5/29 - get title and keys
    7. Pick up dress Fri 5/24
    8. Sign/return HMUA contract
    9. Hearty annuals for planters under deck
    10. Pick up sticks under wisteria arbor
    11. Scoop leaves out of frog pond
    12. Cut plywood for tabletop
    13. Tablecloths for ceremony table/grill/snack table
    14. Snack/drink table decor mock up
    15. Apply for marriage license
    16. Finalize ceremony
    17. Photography timeline
    18. Call Inn with questions re: music/decor/ceremony space plan b
    19. Nail appointment
    20. Facial Friday 5/24 10:30AM
    21. Check HPT stock at home
    22. Mulch front yard
    23. Trap rock under front porch
    24. Pressure wash back deck
    25. Paint back deck
    26. Paint handrails on front deck
    27. Pressure wash garage doors
    28. Weed gardens

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Waters NOW :)
    3. Eat packed lunch :)
    4. Cook dinner at home :)
    5. Two from to-do list; HMUA Contract and hyundai keys/title :)
    6. Vitamin Shoppe/Mall on lunch break :)
    7. Call bridal shop for Friday appointment :)
    8. More water! :|
    9. Review this list later >:)
    10. Bed by 9:30 :)

JFT Thurs
    1. Log all food
    2. WATERS
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Two from to-do list; store bed linens and photography timeline
    6. Empty dishwasher
    7. Call car mechanic for check up next week
    8. Request 401k Loan documents
    9. Review this list later
    10. Bed by 9:30
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @cory17 Sorry that you're a candidate for hip surgery. I postponed my knee surgery for many years (successfully as I stayed very active with tennis and hiking). When I could no longer do the things I loved and I was prevented from doing bucket list things (hiking the Inca Trail) I finally pursued getting my surgery. It took 6 months from the day I decided to get it done to the actual surgery. I had things on my calendar (3 week South America trip) that prevented it from happening so once you decide it's time there will need to be a block of time to take time off and recover.
    @AJB1014 Wow with your list of things to do you don't need to do extra exercise. That's a lot.

Today will be a full day with post op appt with my surgeon and PT. Lots of questions for him such as when can I drive and what's the right balance of resting and activity. I am getting restless being at home but my body is telling me to still take it easy.

JFT 5/23/19
    Pretrack to 1500 calories - I have been keeping it in the green or slightly over by under 50 calories so doing pretty well
    Prep dinner this morning
    Read this afternoon

Take care everyone.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Wednesday JFT:

✔▪Pack lunches
    ✔▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ✔▪Breakfast
    ▪✔Log Food / ❌Stay under calorie limit
    ❌▪Devotional Time
    ✔▪Run by pharmacy & pick up a few other items while there
    ✔▪Waxing Appt
    ❌▪Review Budget
    ✔▪Lunch
    ❌▪Exercise (x2 DVD)
    ✔▪Asthma Appt for kiddo
    ✔▪Evening schedule

PMS took over my day yesterday! Not to mention I was the official "taxi driver" for eveyone so I was just busy. The asthma appt went well except for the nurse accusing me of lieing! I was explaining to her how we use a mail in pharmacy to save $$ bc each maintenance inhaler cost $200. So even though we have some delays in getting our prescriptions here, we can afford it. (This pharmacy just had a delay in shipment of the medicine but this was a rare incident; and we've ironed it out so it won't happen again.) She went straight to her phone bc she didn't believe the inhaler cost that much but what did she find, Oh I was telling the truth!! Sometimes people overwhelm me!! Maybe there are parents out there that don't have their children's best interest at heart but that is NOT me!! I have two kiddos with lung problems, trust me I have put the time and work into educating myself (with the best doctor's in town plus NICU team of people. This nurse just randomly jumped into the middle of things.) Everyone else knows and trusts me wholeheartedly!! I recently changed doctor's for one of my kiddos bc the other one just up and moved and her associate wouldn't take that doctor's patients. So I guess the new doctor is just doing their own "info gathering" on us. Needless to say, they only saw that I am honest and I am creative at finding affordable ways to take care of my kiddos!!

Sorry for the rant but my PMS emotions allowed that incident to bring me down emotionally. I just wish people didn't negatively judge so quickly!!

Moving on.....

▪Pack lunches
    ▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ▪Breakfast
    ▪Log food / stay under calorie limit
    ▪Breakfast
    ▪Teenager to school, wait 20 min. then take him to work for the day
    ▪Pick up RX
    ▪Devotional Time
    ▪Lunch
    ▪Last day of school for kiddos, early release at 1:15pm
    ▪Review Budget
    ▪Exercise (x2 DVDs)
    ▪Organize garage
    ▪Evening schedule

@Faebert sending you positive thoughts and hugs!! Just lean on the medical support team you have!! I'm here for you as well!! Msg me anytime, whether you need to just let something off your chest or need someone to just "talk" to. You are not alone in this!! We are here for you lady!!🌻
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    @ginnytez - Prayers that this anniversary is filled with more joyful memories and content than pain. Take care.

@Faebert - You've got this. I was once defined by my fitness. I was more confident and happier than I'd ever been. Then I punctured my Achilles and had to have it repaired. That was 3 weeks until surgery and 6-8 weeks non-weight baring after surgery. I freaked out a bit. Doctor asked my what it was I wanted to do that I couldn't do as I recovered. I was missing one of the 5K races in the runners series I was in. I was in 3rd place for points, now that was a wash. His advice was to sign up for a race for 3-4 weeks after you get clearance to run. That goal kept my diet in check and kept my mood up (God knows when I put on weight I run like a flat footed slug). It still made me antsy and anxious wondering if I could get by in shape in a month, but he assured me if I was running 10 miles now that I'd be able to run 3.1 by then. I ran my race. It was slower than before, but I still managed to be proud of myself. My runner friends were proud of me too. They knew what I'd been through. It felt good. From there I just kept improving. My old abilities returned faster than I expected. Being fit going and having a goal, made it much easier for me though there were days when I went a little stir crazy. Best of luck!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday May 22 - Determined
    2.5L of water - :/
    Calories in green - :)
    Walk 1 Mile - :)
    Squats - 20
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - :/
    5 something at bathroom break - :)
    Something on commercials - :/
    Write in Journal - :)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - :)

JFT - Thursday May 23 - Determined
    2.5L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

Had a much better day yesterday, hopefully I can carry it through today too. I have Michaela with me today, we are going to take Lauryn to work and then we are going out for breakfast and maybe some treats. This afternoon, we have to pick Jonah up from school then come back to get Lauryn. After they leave I'll make supper then get ready for swimming. My friend is supposed to join me tonight and we are going out for coffee beforehand.