JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Right ive made a group, you can either search for it, its called JFTers - Team Casey! Or just quote this and ill send an invite, cant remember you all lol, even if youce not been here long but want to see what a lovely thing @PackerFanInGB made for my little girl (AKA Tubster) i dont mind, the private group is purely to stop complete strangers seeing it
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I’ve joined. Excited to see the quilt. Such a lovely story that says everything you need to know about this group!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    I am so far behind reading the posts ... but did get a chance to join Bex's group and see Tracies's quit! Absolutely georgous!! And little Casey is a beautiful little girl ... she looks so happy!

I got into the easter candy tonite ... so once again, I have to be good all week now! But ... I can do it.I just have to get back on track tomorrow, and stay on track all week. We have been so busy, and we are still waiting on disability ... so thats been very stressful. Our daughter is getting worse, and missing work a lot now because of all this. She just cries all the time. I don't know what to do. Part of me thinks maybe if she loses it (while we are still alive to take care of her), she will realize how badly she needs it, and try not to stretch herself so thin with trying to work and risk losing it.
    So tomorrow I have to be careful and track every single bite I eat . Hubby tells me I need to throw out the easter candy leftover from grandsons ... and he is probably right. But it is hard to throw out good stuff.... so I think I am going to take it to the gym (pay back time from last xmas! :p

So JFT, Sun
    1. try and go to the gym... or go for a walk
    2. try and go to some nurseries. Even though it is cold ... I need to just look at flowers I think! And think spring!
    3. work on menu's for the week ... stay on track
    4. help daughter clean her apartment
    5. TRY and go through and read all the posts from this week!!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

186gh4srb6rv.jpg
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. I’m up and at it pretty early considering the clock change but I want to try and get most of my remaining chores done before the girls wake up.

Yesterday was insanely busy and I can’t quite believe I got so much done. Went to Warrior class at 8:15 for an hour and hit it hard, left there and did some grocery shopping then drove to pick up our bits from the ceramic cafe. Then drove over to my daughter’s friend to deliver her piece so she could give it to her mum in time for Mother’s Day. Then home, started the laundry mountain and got going in the garden. Gardening and house cleaning for about six hours altogether, plus I baked brownies! Sooo tired this morning! Aiming to finish the chores and do no more than a gentle jog this morning as every muscle is aching!

Saturday goals recap:
    - Warrior class at 8:15am ✅
    - Groceries - health food shop and fruit ✅
    - Buy Mother’s Day card ✅
    - Pick up ceramic gifts ✅
    - House clean ✅ tiny bit downstairs left to do
    - Laundry ✅ one load left
    - Garden clearing ✅, mow lawn ✅, jet wash patio and front steps ✅ Took hours!!
    - Make vegan brownies (parents are fasting for Lent so have this recipe for them to be able to eat them) ✅
    - Hang out with the girls when they’re back, check homework situation! ✅ baked with the little one while big one did homework
    - Rest! ❎ nope - at it until 10:20 then collapsed into bed!

Sunday goals:
    - rest day (watch the calories!)
    - finish laundry, fold and put away
    - finish downstairs cleaning, vacuum and mop
    - clean outdoor chair cushions
    - tie up outdoor umbrella so it’s secure
    - cut brownies, package them up prettily for Mother’s Day gift, write card
    - walk/jog up to the Heath with the kids for breakfast (them) and coffee (me)
    - head to parents place
    - girls finish homework on return
    - pack schoolbags etc
    - bed by 9:30pm

Have a great Sunday everyone! Happy Mother’s Day @Bex953172 and any other UK mamas on here x
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    3/30/19 Sat.
    Weight: 152.8 lbs.
    *4 glasses of water 🙂
    *stay in green :( 1st time to really blow it in a few weeks...
    *work in exercise 😞
    *Be in bed by midnight--I KNOW THAT I'LL START DOING THIS ONE OF THESE DAYS! lol! 😞
    *find or create release of lien document & send to contractor I used for parents home. (Long story but one of his subcontractors knocked on my elderly, dementia parents door & tried to collect. 😞
    *send doc. to contractor 😞
    *pay parents homeowners ins.
    meal planning :)
    send payments to parents caregivers :)
    pay a couple other parents bills. :(
    Grocery store :(
    Post office :)
    Laundry :)
    Plan tomorrow :)
    Read over important stuff re: my health :(
    Do the dang dishes :(

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Saturday March 30

Log :D
    Water :D
    Stretches before walking :D
    Walk 45 minutes :D
    Grocery :D
    Pick up house :D

JFT Sunday March 31

Log
    Water
    Stretches before walking
    Light Weight/Resistance work
    Walk 45 minutes
    Church
    Work on Cross Stitch

I usually keep "To Do Lists." I like putting fitness stuff on it to remind me that it is as important, if not more so, than, than the rest of the stuff on the list.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 100oz water
    3. TRX workout at home
    4. Meditate
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    upphu2q6ehx5.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Well everyone!
    Today, @PackerFanInGB 's quilt finally arrived!

(For those who are unfamiliar with this whole story) i got pregnant in May/June? 2017 and Tracie kindly offered to make a quilt for Casey for when shes born. Now obviously things happen , life got in the way and some sections she needed advice as shes fairly new to quilting, but today, 1 month after her 1st birthday it arrived!!)

I have taken pics but Ash has just reminded me that he doesnt want pics on social media! WHOOPS. Had to tell him id already posted loads lol!

So obviously i want people to see it but unsure how to get it to you all? Erm? Can you attach pics to personal messages? Or i could make a private group for those interested?

What do you reckon?
    @Bex953172
    I couldn't log into your thread... I'm sure Casey's quilt is
    lovely. I'm happy you got it.
    I love you, have a great day.💝🌹
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I'll keep this quick, we are driving up to Tampa today and I need to get ready to go. I hope everyone has a great day!

Yesterday 3/30:

1. Stay within calorie goal😁
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps😁
    3. Do workout😁
    4. Relax😁

JFT 3/31:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps
    3. Put away some laundry
    4. Wash a load of laundry
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Visit family. Duolingo. Grade student work (poetry projects). Finish class 1 today. Class 2 Monday.
    3. Contact B. Check in with parentses. Update plans for after break.
    4. Park run: 2.5 miles. Walk to 10k. Fold laundry.
    5. Groceries. Get gas. Lang8 journal entry. Blog post. Read 20 pages of Vox. Update Goodreads Friday.
    6. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. (Post-break: Review checklist. Read printouts to group members. Study what makes speeches engaging. Evaluate & compare sample speeches.)

JFT Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Enter grades from classwork. Finish Ivanhoe.
    3. Take recycling. Get gas. Prelog Monday food. Fold laundry.
    4. Park run: Aim for 5 miles (10 laps) in 75 minutes or less. Review plans for after break.
    5. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. (Post-break: Review checklist. Read printouts to group members. Study what makes speeches engaging. Evaluate & compare sample speeches.) Monday: email K about capstone project, call E about park work, call Mac store about iMac file retrieval.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192.3

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. Today should be pretty low-key. If I can stick to what I've got logged, I'll be under on calories. I have a big pile of grading to put in the computer but it's already marked. I need to come up with my to-do list for the WEEK so that I can sort through it and not have to worry about either trying to do everything at the last minute, or about entering the "home stretch" with lots to do and no more breaks!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Saturday
    1. Journal every single bite :)Yes, I did. For better or worse...
    2. Eat only sitting down :#Peanuts had me under their control yesterday...
    3. Protein with every meal and snack ;)Did pretty good with this.
    4. HYDRATE :#
    5. Activity - Body Grooves dancing maybe? :#
    6. Spend time sewing
    7. Bed at same time as weekdays! Stay on schedule! (THIS IS SO HARD! But I really want to change my sleeping pattern so I get up earlier in the mornings.) :)I got to bed early enough, but still slept in too late.
    8. Be patient. Try not to snap. Think before I speak. Be kind, gentle and loving. (Have been feeling very impatient lately and need to really work on this. It's not who I am!) :)Had a pretty nice day yesterday.
    9. Self-Care: Bubble bath? Mani/Pedi? :)Sat in a quiet area and watched quilting YouTube videos and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    10. Podcasts: Half Size Me and Joyce Meyer :)

Had a very nonproductive day yesterday. I almost feel like I'm sabotaging myself! I am seriously 0.3 lbs away from meeting my first goal of getting out of the 180's and what do I do? I shove peanuts in my mouth like I'm starving or something. No exercise, no veggies and very little fruit, and just craved salt and crunch all day! So mad at myself. BUT, I have to keep reminding myself that this is not about the number on the scale. This is not a diet. This is a sustainabe lifestyle change and in all honesty, I will never live the rest of my life without grabbing a few handfuls of peanuts. So, pick myself up, brush off my knees and keep on moving foward!

I had a great day yesterday, hearing that Bex got her quilt (FINALLY! Only took me 2 years to make Casey a quilt, for cripe's sake!) and seeing pics of Casey on it made my whole day! Makes me want to get downstairs and start another project. I'm thinking of making myself a small wall hanging with colors and prints that cheer me up, and then hang it in my cubicle at work. We'll see. I'll probably be retired before I finish it... BWAHAHAHA! :mrgreen:

I have to run to JC Penney today to look for some work clothes. I like their dress pants. I also need a good pair of shoes. I've noticed the more walking I do, the more my ankles, knees and hip are bothering me. I think I need more arch support.

@bookmeister86 I saved the link you shared on working up to running. I have kind of a goal in my mind that by the end of this summer, I will be able to at least jog around my block. I know that sounds lame, even though I have a rather large block that I live on, because it's not very far....but I had been unable to even take a routine walk for almost 8 years until they found the tear in my hip labrum and repaired it. If I set my goal too high, I won't even try. Thank you for sharing the link. :smile: You inspired me!

Just for Sunday
    1. Journal every single bite
    2. Eat only while sitting down
    3. Be mindful in my choices
    4. At least 3 freggies today of different colors
    5. HYDRATE
    6. Errands: Shoes, new springy top and 1 pair work slacks. Try to find a decently priced Brewers shirt. Aldi's for fresh produce and some protein-based snacks.
    7. Self-Care (15 minutes of something)
    8. Podcasts: Joyce and HSM
    9. Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    10. Evening Routine: Gratitude joural | Calm app | Inspirational Reading | read for fun

Just for this weekend:
    • April budget
    • April bills
    • Work on TAXES! (Damn, I hate doing these!)
    • Household chores: :) Floors and baseboards on Saturday.
    • Boat registration renewal :) / fishing license for 2019 :)
    • laundry (Saturday: Started it. To be cont'd.)
    • Prep serving-sized baggies of snacks for week
    • Clean and cut up freggies for week

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I had been doing well yesterday until the evening. Hubby and I had a recurring argument, I don't know how to resolve and he doesn't see a problem. It's ongoing now for about a dozen years. It had gotten to the point last year that I asked for a divorce. I thought we had finally worked through it on that day, that he really was trying to see my sides and truly listened. It has been good up until about two months ago, now I see that it's returning. I'm so heartbroken. I know we need to have a conversation about it, but I'm just not sure I'm ready to handle it.

Today we are having family photos taken, this is my Christmas present from Brodey and Kaitlyn. I am so excited for it. I have been wanting pictures taken for about 3 years now. I will be very impatient waiting for them to get back.

I'm sorry you are having struggles with your husband. It makes a stressful situation even more so, doesn't it? I tend to have my biggest arguments with my DH when we are under other types of stressors. I am sending you cyber hugs from Wisconsin.

I was going to reply to a different post you wrote but didn't get to it, so I just wanted to say that I would encourage you to check in with some temp agencies for opportunities. When I moved to this city, I was going through a divorce, moved here to get away from an abusive situation, and came here alone with 3 kids. I knew nobody except one family through a friend. I applied with a temp agency and they found different clerical positions for me and I went to work really quickly. Every temp position I worked in ended up offering me the job permanently. I held out until the right one was offered with the right pay. It worked out really well for me back then. Of course, this was about 27 years ago and I'm not sure how things are where you live, but it certainly worked out well for me.

Have fun getting your family pics! That's a wonderful gift!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    What a flipping day.
    Its not been great i will telly you that!

Had a few arguments today, Saskia wound me up big time, not to my limit, a running jump right over my limit and i flipped. Then felt guilty about it, then me and ash argued about it. Its no secret in this house that my relationship with Saskia has always been a little strained. Its an on going process but you know in kids behaviour is learnt? Well from a baby shes had to witness my post natal depression, theres always like some barrier between us, its really sad. And shes an absolute mimic of me, but all the bad parts of me, dont get me wrong shes got alot of good in her and shes kind and funny but we really rub eacother ip the wrong way. But i want to change that whilst shes 5 and not have to deal with that when shes 15!!
    But over the last year or so ive been trying to find ways to really bond with her, i dont really remember much of her younger days because of the illness but today i found it, DANCING.
    I rememeber dancing with her all the time when she was 2, AND it just so happens we both love Justin Timberlake LOL

So we had made up by dinner time, so because of the dark cloud id been in i hadnt rung my mum, so whilst they were having dinner i rung her, then i could hear a dripping noise, and i remember thinking what on earth is that, maybe i left the tap on.
    Walk back to the kitchen, water POURING through the light fitting!!

I scream to Ash, " THE BATH TURN OFF THE BATH!"
    so he empties it and turns off the electric. Had to ring hosuing and they sent out an emergency electrician who did a safety check and turned it back on for us.

Stress doesnt even describe it.
    The day had been a total mess.
    And then Casey, dear little sweet Casey, sat there and just said "Doggy."
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Oh no @maryrobinson40 you have to see it!
    Send me a DM with your email if you want and ill email to you!
    I dont want you to miss out!
    ❤❤❤
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Friday:
    1. weight in :)
    2. drink >8C liquids :)
    3. 10,000 steps :(
    4. no social eating at work :)
    5. work on garden planning/get ready for Saturday garden meeting :)
    6. clean house before visitors come :)
    7. clean up terrace garden :) [/quote]

I didn't get around to writing down goals for Saturday, but I got my garden plot set up, got my home cleaned and got in my 10,000 steps.

Sunday:
    1. weight in
    2. drink >8C liquids
    3. 10,000 steps
    4. heavy gardening
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    JFT - Saturday March 30 Determined
    2L of water - >:)
    Calories in green - >:)
    Walk 1 Mile - >:)
    Plank Challenge - >:)
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - >:)
    5 something at bathroom break - >:)
    Write in Journal - >:)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - >:)

JFT - Sunday March 31 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I had been doing well yesterday until the evening. Hubby and I had a recurring argument, I don't know how to resolve and he doesn't see a problem. It's ongoing now for about a dozen years. It had gotten to the point last year that I asked for a divorce. I thought we had finally worked through it on that day, that he really was trying to see my sides and truly listened. It has been good up until about two months ago, now I see that it's returning. I'm so heartbroken. I know we need to have a conversation about it, but I'm just not sure I'm ready to handle it.

Today we are having family photos taken, this is my Christmas present from Brodey and Kaitlyn. I am so excited for it. I have been wanting pictures taken for about 3 years now. I will be very impatient waiting for them to get back.

Awww Sis... Big Squeeze.😢
    We're here for you.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Oh no @maryrobinson40 you have to see it!
    Send me a DM with your email if you want and ill email to you!
    I dont want you to miss out!
    ❤❤❤
    Uhhh what's DM? It's not registering what that means.
    Send you a DONUT MAYBE