• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday

Up at 6:00am 😃
    Oldest to regatta by 7:00am 😃
    Go for a run. 🙃
    Cheer for kiddo as she rows.
    Take pictures & video (new camera, yay!)
    Pick up youngest take to hair appt. (she’s going pink. Like pink pink.)
    Sleepover at my house tonight.
    Bed before midnight

My daughter had to be at the regatta by 7:00, but her first race isn’t until 9:00. So I decided that I’d make good use of my time and go for a run. Let’s start by saying I haven’t run since my Duathlon in September. Perhaps I should have started with a mile or two instead of a 5k. The first 1.5 miles was pretty fair, slow, but consistent. The last half was not so great with a lot of walk/run. It’s weird my breathing wasn’t bad. My legs weren’t that tired. I just felt heavy and tired. Still, it felt good to do something after a few weeks of hibernation.

Also, I’m a little nervous about letting my youngest go pink with her hair. I’ve let her put color in before, but I’ve never let her bleach her whole head (except roots) and add color. The picture is really cute, but I missed her appointment with my hair dresser so we are using someone new. It’s just hair and it will grow out eventually or more likely we’ll color it back to her natural color. If I knew how to post a picture I’d show you.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday
    1. Swim laps
    2. Drink 100oz water
    3. Healthy dinner and evening snack
    4. Meditate
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday March 29 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    Plank Challenge - 👿
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 5/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 👿
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Saturday March 30 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Had a good day yesterday, cleaned out bedroom and took laundry to the laundromat. Only have to vacuum in there as I didn’t feel like digging it out yesterday. Next room is the craft room. It’s always the place I put everything I don’t know what to do with so becomes cluttered very quickly.

I am picking Lauryn and the kids up today and bringing them out for the afternoon, but am taking them home earlier than usual tonight so Rodg and I can have some time together.

I think I’ll also tell Lauryn to bring her walking shoes and she can go for a walk with me. It’s warmer in the afternoon than in the evening and I have a stroller here so we can take Michaela with us. Will just have to stop and play at the park for a bit I imagine.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Nlmackey98- I couldn’t agree more. I truly believe that this group has helped me reach the loss I have had, maintain this Winter even though that wasn’t the goal, it’s not a gain. I swear it’s been a big contributing factor to not becoming depressed again, which is really good because I couldn’t afford the prescription for it if I was. I raised two daughters and I never let them colour their hair fun colours, it’s a regret of mine. Good for you for allowing it. I have found if I’m on my phone I have to post a picture at the top of a post. When you are posting, click on the camera on the right and it will bring up your photo library to choose the pic. You have to wait a minute for it to load before hitting post reply.

Clicketykeys - so happy you found your tracker. What an awesome dress! I bet you look amazing in it! At least you were moving and not sitting doing nothing, it was still a win in my book.

Faebert - busy day for you! Since you’ll be on before me tomorrow, Happy Mother’s Day! I hope you enjoy it!

Elbee1 - no remorse required, you have a lot on your plate caring for your parents, and living your own life. Never mind the exhaustion you must have from lack of sleep.

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    nb2gxjwcw2rp.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    I'm late saying Good Morning! Have A Great Weekend Folks!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    LOL "Lapping everyone on the couch" AKA Bex.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Good morning! For some reason today I am completely exhausted. Probably from having guests, but we didn't do anything crazy, so I dunno.

Yesterday I went a little over my calories but not like I had been earlier in the week. It was a little rough staying positive in the earlier part of the day, I got a $256 speeding ticket on my way to work so I was pretty pissed. It's my own fault for speeding, but I was really just keeping up with traffic so I wasn't paying attention 😞

I may need a nap, idk why I'm so beat right now. Hope everyone has a great day!

Yesterday 3/29

1. Stay within calorie goal 😑 a little high
    2. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    3. Finish work by 5:30 if at all possible (have some catching up to do)😞 closer to 6
    4. Stay positive and don't stress😑

JFT 3/30:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps
    3. Do workout
    4. Relax
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Fairly new to using the Community feature of MFP. I find this thread to be great with daily goals!

Saturday March 30

Log
    Water
    Stretches before walking
    Walk 45 minutes
    Grocery
    Pick up house

Welcome!
    I am one of the newer peeps, but I love this thread. So many wonderful caring and nonjudgmental people, here. Very inspirational having folks at all stages of health & fitness.
    The only struggle I have is keeping up with everyone & the remorse that I have cause I don't have time to respond to everyone; however, everyone is still friendly & nice anyway.
    I love this thread!!!

Hugs

@Elbee1
    I agree with your entire response. And I'm adding, The Richness of Sincerity runs deep between each
    individual. I too have remorse for not being able to keep up with everyone. And to you @Elbee1
    I love you! Hugs. I'm happy I get to tell you this. I don't get to call all the names, can't remember
    Who's name goes with which profile name...lol… It's just easier for me to include everyone at
    all times by saying SISTERS/BROTHERS. No one person is greater than the next. All are
    loved with a passion by me. WHEN YOU LAUGH, I LAUGH, WHEN YOU CRY, I CRY...WHEN YOU'RE GOING THROUGH,
    I'm in your corner!! Yes! Yes! Yes! I love ALL OF YOU!
    YIPPIEEEEE this thread is AWESOME!!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    JFT

Slide présentation
    Laundry
    Mow lawn
    Post ring for repair
    Take stuff to charity shop
    Take electronic stuff to recycling
    Tax return
    Probate
    Clean car
    Plant bulbs
    Weed
    Tidy bedroom
    Exercise

Happy Weekend, I missed you! I love you! Gobs of hugs!!😀🌹🌹🌹
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @Faebert and @toaljasa - Thank you so much for your encouragement! I do want to clarify that I'm not blaming myself or anything. Sometimes you give it your best effort and it doesn't work out. And that's okay. It happens sometimes. But let's be real: it sucks! ;D
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Seriously bummed. The strap on my tracker watch has been coming undone, and I just noticed that it's missing :( It's cheap, but so's my phone, and I don't have any other way to track distance. Well... guessing, I suppose XD

@clicketykeys my Fitbit did the same thing. I took a cloth belt and wrapped it, so that it holds mine in
    place. We're both on the same boat of needing new phones and trackers...😀
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    2,276 steps so far
    .92MI
    🔥999
    20 min.
    I'm finding myself having to really push to make it to the thousands mark. My knees certainly are
    hindering me. Since last October I have been taking it easy and scaled back from trying to make
    10K happen. I can't recall if I made it, but a few times I got pretty darn close.
    I'm fighting for this 20 pound reduction. This morning, with the lower back tightening, I walked
    the girls to the bus stop very gingerly. I waved good bye to them as the bus pulled away and started
    back down the hill towards home and a voice inside said walk that short parking area. I went around it twice
    then walked towards home again. I made it to the house, then purposely walked back up and then came
    home to the front steps and did the first step aerobics up and down. Came in and put in the last laundry.
    I'm sitting on the bed with the nagging lower back just as happy as I can be. I have to do this.
    for me. Every Press Is Producing Something Precious!!!

1,695 + 2,276 = 3,971 steps.
    There were some uncalculated steps, but it's ok because my body got the benefits of continued
    movement. I'm fixing me something to eat right now. Be back to finish my food log.

@maryrobinson40 you’re doing brilliantly! Keep at it lovely!

@Faebert... Thank you! Love you! And you have an awesome weekend too
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Friday
    journal every bite :)
    Stay in the Green :)
    HYDRATE :#Only if I count coffee....which I don't
    Activity - FitBit Steps :o67 steps short!| 30 minutes active :#Only 9 minutes
    Renew boat license online :#Will do today. Tim and I ended up going out for "breakfast" for dinner at a nearby famly restaurant.
    Get 2019 fishing license :#Will do today. See above.
    Be patient at difficult meeting this afternoon :)
    Relax for movie night with husband tonight :)

I'm sitting at my diningroom table looking out the patio doors into the backyard and there are SNOW FLURRIES! Oh. My. God. I am so tired of snow! The skies are gray and the wind is blowing hard, making our trees sway. Looks like a good day to hide downstairs in my cozy sewing nook and just start sewing squares of fabric together! I'm not sure what my next project will be yet because I've been watching so many videos and looking on Pinterest and have a million and one ideas! LOL!

I still have not caught up on the last few days' posts, so I'm sorry for not commenting! I am certainly not trying to be rude, but life between work and family has just gotten really busy lately, and I have had to make choice between doing things I HAVE to do versus what I WANT to do! Adulting sure sucks sometimes.

Just for Saturday
    1. Journal every single bite
    2. Eat only sitting down
    3. Protein with every meal and snack
    4. HYDRATE
    5. Activity - Body Grooves dancing maybe?
    6. Spend time sewing
    7. Bed at same time as weekdays! Stay on schedule! (THIS IS SO HARD! But I really want to change my sleeping pattern so I get up earlier in the mornings.)
    8. Be patient. Try not to snap. Think before I speak. Be kind, gentle and loving. (Have been feeling very impatient lately and need to really work on this. It's not who I am!)
    9. Self-Care: Bubble bath? Mani/Pedi?
    10. Podcasts: Half Size Me and Joyce Meyer

Just for this weekend:
    • April budget
    • Work on TAXES! (Damn, I hate doing these!)
    • Household chores
    • Boat registration renewal / fishing license for 2019
    • laundry

Have a wonderful Saturday! I'll catch up later!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @mytime6630 - I saw this and thought of you and @PackerFanInGB
    g1x3mjnat78v.jpeg

HAHAHA! I'm sure you probably can guess that this really spoke to me! :mrgreen:
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. No AM run. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM. Update first directions.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Find Socratic papers. Enter grades. Print presentation checklists.
    3. Class 1-2: Read printouts to group members. Study what makes speeches engaging. Provide rubric or checklist for presentation. (Move this to Tuesday after break) Stack "Research Rubric Check" UNDER printout. Place Grammarly worksheet on top of printout and put rubric across the top. Staple in upper-left corner and turn in.
    4. Planning: A - Duo. Log Saturday food. Grade. B - Grade. C - Grade. D - Grade. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Finish Ivanhoe!
    5. Class 4: I'm really not sure what we're doing here, hahaha! It's going to be a short class and hopefully most of them will have already been picked up early.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Park run - aim for 4.5 miles, <70 min. Check in with B - lunch? Read 10 pages of VOX. Update Goodreads.
    8. Check recipes; make grocery list.
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Visit family. Duolingo. Grade student work (poetry projects). Finish class 1 today. Class 2 tomorrow.
    3. Contact B. Check in with parentses. Update and FINISH plans for next week.
    4. Park run: 2.5 miles. Walk to 10k. Fold laundry.
    5. Groceries. Get gas. Lang8 journal entry. Blog post. Read 20 pages of Vox. Update Goodreads Friday. Aim for 17 laps on Monday - supposed to be cold and clear in the morning.
    6. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. (Post-break: Review checklist. Read printouts to group members. Study what makes speeches engaging. Evaluate & compare sample speeches.)

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192.3

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. Pleased with what I came up with for class 4. A lot of them WERE gone but I printed out progress reports and got those of them who were there to sign off on how many assignments they were missing :P

Oh, and I flew right through Vox and returned it to the library. If only I could do so well with the others!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Well everyone!
    Today, @PackerFanInGB 's quilt finally arrived!

(For those who are unfamiliar with this whole story) i got pregnant in May/June? 2017 and Tracie kindly offered to make a quilt for Casey for when shes born. Now obviously things happen , life got in the way and some sections she needed advice as shes fairly new to quilting, but today, 1 month after her 1st birthday it arrived!!)

I have taken pics but Ash has just reminded me that he doesnt want pics on social media! WHOOPS. Had to tell him id already posted loads lol!

So obviously i want people to see it but unsure how to get it to you all? Erm? Can you attach pics to personal messages? Or i could make a private group for those interested?

What do you reckon?
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 30 March

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green >:)
    5 fruit and veg >:)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge >:)
    February challenge >:)
    March challenge :)

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Well everyone!

(For those who are unfamiliar with this whole story) i got pregnant in May/June? 2017 and Tracie kindly offered to make a quilt for Casey for when shes born. Now obviously things happen , life got in the way and some sections she needed advice as shes fairly new to quilting, but today, 1 month after her 1st birthday it arrived!!)

I have taken pics but Ash has just reminded me that he doesnt want pics on social media! WHOOPS. Had to tell him id already posted loads lol!

So obviously i want people to see it but unsure how to get it to you all? Erm? Can you attach pics to personal messages? Or i could make a private group for those interested?

What do you reckon?

I don't think you can post pics in a private mesage. I tried once a while ago. What if I posted a pic of her with the quilt? Is that allowed? :wink:
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Well everyone!

What do you reckon?

I don't think you can post pics in a private mesage. I tried once a while ago. What if I posted a pic of her with the quilt? Is that allowed? :wink:

Haha nice try!
    He just said cause its a thread ANYONE can see, he doesnt want it posting publicly, he doesnt mind the people on this thread seeing because i speak you all regularly but he doesnt wsnt a random person browsing to see it

Might just make the group lol! Least it will br private x