3. 10,000 steps
    4. go to the gym
    5. cardio/weight workout
    6. no social eating at work
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    What a day!
    Been busy today, went out into town to grab a few bits for the pets, got a new mixer tap for the bath with shower attachment because this house has an electric shower. I could not hack that *kitten*. No power at all and my hairs thick and long and it was just awful! So now weve changed the taps on the bath we now have a shower working from the boiler

Oh, Ash got his disability back!
    The manager checked over his claim vefore the tribunal and was disgusted at the decision that was made!
    So its been reinstated, so has Carers benefit AND it gets back dated! Not sure when we will get that payment though.

Only really bad thing today was i stood on some uneven floor not noticing and took a tumble, wouldnt be so bad if i didnt have Casey in a sling on my front and i was holding hands with Marley!
    So mothers instinct kicked in and ( LOL thinking back it was like slow-mo!) I wrapped my arm around Caseys head and yanked up the arm holding Marleys hand. Casey was completely unscathed, not even suprised! Marley scraped her knee and a slight bump to the head (i went for a cheer-me-up hot chocolate, Marley got 1 too and ice for her head) and ive got ripped leggings and scraped knee, sore ankle, sore wrist and a dent in my pride LOL

Ash saw it happen, he was just coming out the shop, before he could even move two lovely ladies had picked me and the kids up lol! I got dead embarrassed thinking someone musf have thought it looked hilarious but Ash reassured me theres nothing funny about falling over with a baby!

And then we collected Saskia from school and shes been nothing but a pain in my backside all night! And kept winding marley up so she started being a pain and the little bugger locked me outside in the garden (Ash really went mad at them for that)

Its like 8.30 pm here but my two goals are to clean the kitchen and the rabbit, then early night for me.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 - I bet your fall will be causing you more pain tomorrow. Hope it’s not too bad.

I am so incredibly happy for you and Ash! What a great relief it must have been to get that news!

I just took the Grands home. It was a nice visit and I love them to death, but man they tire me out! I think one of the biggest reasons is they don’t sleep well here.

I applied for some more jobs today, one is to work for 6 days for our provincial election coming up. Not sure if I’ll here anything or not, but it’s worth a shot.

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 sorry about the tumble and soreness, but immensely grateful that things were not
    worse.
    @Snowflake1968 Thank you!
    @toaljasa Thank you
    @mytime6630 Thank you!
    I appreciate the encouragement😅😅
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @bex953172 Oh wowie zowie, what a day you've had! Great news about the Ash and back payments. Oh, I'm so so glad about that. And ugh, about your fall. That was scary, embarrassing, and painful all rolled into one. It's nice, though, to see that people come to your aid when you need it.

Good on you for pushing through the evening and getting kitchen cleaned...you are likely gonna be really really sore tomorrow and better now then limping along in the morning to get it tidied again.

Again, so excited for you about the money/disability.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Spring must be here, the bullies are back! The two on the ice were patrolling.

nlcsrl1xlnah.jpeg
    fis3b23eezqc.jpeg
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options

3/28/19 thurs
    Weight: 152.8 lbs. Yay! Been years since I've been below 153 lbs.
    *4 glasses of water 🙂
    *stay in green 🙂
    *do some meal planning 🙂
    *work in exercise 😞
    *Be in bed by midnight--I KNOW THAT I'LL START DOING THIS ONE OF THESE DAYS! lol! 😞
    *find or create release of lien document & send to contractor I used for parents home. (Long story but one of his subcontractors knocked on my elderly, dementia parents door & tried to collect. 😞
    *send doc. to contractor 😞
    *pay parents homeowners ins. 😞

Same ones for 3/29/19 Fri

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    What a day!
    Been busy today, went out into town to grab a few bits for the pets, got a new mixer tap for the bath with shower attachment because this house has an electric shower. I could not hack that *kitten*. No power at all and my hairs thick and long and it was just awful! So now weve changed the taps on the bath we now have a shower working from the boiler

The manager checked over his claim vefore the tribunal and was disgusted at the decision that was made!
    So its been reinstated, so has Carers benefit AND it gets back dated! Not sure when we will get that payment though.

Only really bad thing today was i stood on some uneven floor not noticing and took a tumble, wouldnt be so bad if i didnt have Casey in a sling on my front and i was holding hands with Marley!
    So mothers instinct kicked in and ( LOL thinking back it was like slow-mo!) I wrapped my arm around Caseys head and yanked up the arm holding Marleys hand. Casey was completely unscathed, not even suprised! Marley scraped her knee and a slight bump to the head (i went for a cheer-me-up hot chocolate, Marley got 1 too and ice for her head) and ive got ripped leggings and scraped knee, sore ankle, sore wrist and a dent in my pride LOL

Ash saw it happen, he was just coming out the shop, before he could even move two lovely ladies had picked me and the kids up lol! I got dead embarrassed thinking someone musf have thought it looked hilarious but Ash reassured me theres nothing funny about falling over with a baby!

And then we collected Saskia from school and shes been nothing but a pain in my backside all night! And kept winding marley up so she started being a pain and the little bugger locked me outside in the garden (Ash really went mad at them for that)

Wow! You're right! That was quite a day, you had.
    So, happy you got shower fixed & that Ash is getting disability back. That is good news!
    Oh, so sorry to hear about your fall. I'm glad that Casey was okay, and hoping that you and Marley won't feel worse, tomorrow. That was quite a tumble! I'm glad people were around to help you all get up.
    Also, sorry to hear that you were locked outside.

Btw, I like reading your posts. I really enjoy your writing style. You are a good writer and Mom.

Many hugs.

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Seem to be running late this morning again (oops, no excuse when I get up so stupid early!) so quick post. Got a good run in this morning and the sun is shining and it’s Friday! Feeling good..

Thursday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - pack snack and milk to take to work ✅
    - water! ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - remind kids re show and tell ✅
    - do pupil progress document before leaving ✅
    - buy frozen fruit on way home ✅
    - kids homework and hair wash ✅
    - online grocery shop ✅
    - bed by 9:30 ✅

Friday goals:
    - morning run ✅ 5 miles today
    - pack veggie snack for school
    - water!
    - check whether ex is needing car for the girls
    - home lunchtime for car/ shake if not needed
    - do GaG before leaving work
    - hot yoga after work?
    - bed by 10

Have a fab day everyone x
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    What a day!

Wow! You're right! That was quite a day, you had.
    So, happy you got shower fixed & that Ash is getting disability back. That is good news!
    Oh, so sorry to hear about your fall. I'm glad that Casey was okay, and hoping that you and Marley won't feel worse, tomorrow. That was quite a tumble! I'm glad people were around to help you all get up.
    Also, sorry to hear that you were locked outside.

Btw, I like reading your posts. I really enjoy your writing style. You are a good writer and Mom.

Many hugs.

Awh thanks!
    The locking out side was infuriating. Locked outside my own house by a 2 year old! I was only throwing some water on the grass over the grass seed!
    I guess it will be one of them stories i can tell her when shes older lol!

Haha my writing style is how i talk in real life LOL (obviously i dont say "lol")
    But thank you. Thats really lovely to say!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday 28 March

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge >:) Fell asleep so missed this goal and my evening check in
    March challenge :)

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 30 March

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :/ I had a mini flapjack at work in the early evening danger zone. I'm pretty pleased with myself though because there were three and I only took one and then stopped! Normally I would keep going after the first slip. I also had a couple of unplanned G&TS with the boyfriend. It had been a b&#+£ of a day...
    - Be in the green :smile:
    - 4 bottles water :/ Probably just under 3, was busy at work and just forgot to drink
    - No alcohol :/ As above
    - Run to work :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :/ Flapjack
    - Savour every bite :neutral: I tried to, did ok
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :smile: Yes I stopped myself from eating more than one flapjack!
    - Give myself credit! :smile: I was proud about the flapjack. How many times can I say 'flapjack' in this post, I wonder?
    - Stay positive :smile: Which was pretty amazing given the c&#£ I was dealing with yesterday. I applied a 'I will do what I can' mentality and it was pretty effective

- 45+ minute lunch break :smile: 1h15! Hehe
    - Meditate :smile:
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast :smile:
    - Finish work by 6.30pm :/ 7pm. Stuff in the afternoon took longer than I thought. Shouldn't have had an extended lunchbreak!
    - Declutter cupboard :smile:
    - Make a plan for weekend :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 4 bottles water
    - Exercise DVD

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 1h lunch break
    - Meditate
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast
    - Finish work by 6pm if not earlier
    - Declutter the kitchen
    - Write shopping list
    - Sign tenancy contract
    - Gratitude journal

Weekly calorie balance: 523 in red

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I practised Mindful Moderation yesterday: By only eating one flapjack! (Knew I could get this in again)

Happy Friday everyone!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Log all food
    2. Spin class
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Healthy dinner and evening snack
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Update JFT by 7:00. Update first directions.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Print Grammarly worksheet. Print rubrics.
    3. Class 1-2: Finish typing research and print. Students who finish early - take books to work room; pass papers back; cut scrap paper. Return narrative projects - Conferences after printing. Begin grading research essays.
    4. Planning: A - Duo. Log Friday food. Call CVS to refill prescription. B - Grade 10 poetry projects. C - Birthday party! D - Enter grades for poetry presentations and Socratic discussion. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises.
    5. Class 4: Uhoh. Finished presentations early. Surveys! Maybe some TPCASTT?
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Park run - aim for 4 miles, <60 min. Fold laundry. Update grocery list.
    8. Update Goodreads Friday. Blog post. Read 6 pages Capital and 10 Ivanhoe. Lang8 post?
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Fri lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. Update Goodreads Friday. Check weather to plan run. Take cord for phone to school. Take headphones.

JFT Friday
    1. No AM run. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM. Update first directions.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Find Socratic papers. Enter grades. Print presentation checklists.
    3. Class 1-2: Read printouts to group members. Study what makes speeches engaging. Provide rubric or checklist for presentation. Stack "Research Rubric Check" UNDER printout. Place Grammarly worksheet on top of printout and put rubric across the top. Staple in upper-left corner and turn in.
    4. Planning: A - Duo. Log Saturday food. Grade. B - Grade. C - Grade. D - Grade. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Finish Ivanhoe! Update grocery list.
    5. Class 4: I'm really not sure what we're doing here, hahaha! It's going to be a short class and hopefully most of them will have already been picked up early.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Park run - aim for 4.5 miles, <70 min. Check in with B - lunch? Read 10 pages of Capital, 5 of Ivanhoe. Update Goodreads.
    8. Check recipes; make grocery list.
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192.3

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. I'm doing well with my running, and I'm starting to get back to prelogging. Now let's see if I can stick to eating ONLY what I've prelogged! I'm way behind on my reading but I'm hoping I can get caught up over break. Capital in the 21st Century may be too much for me. It is SUCH slow going because it's hard to understand, and so then it's weeks to finish a chapter and the author refers to a term or equation he defined previously in the chapter and I can't remember what it means. UGH. I'm fine with ditching books because they suck, but I may have to give up on this one just because it's too hard and that kind of stings a bit.

I am almost certainly going to have to do some grading over break. That's definitely a bummer. :(
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    e10gjoilg8qe.jpg
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!!! Welp..I did not stay within my calories yesterday. I came so close.. But then I could not resist the cake my mom put out 🤦‍♀️... And then I went back for seconds..🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

But.. Our guests left early this morning so there will be less big family meals and special desserts around. I'm debating on trying to get a low calorie day in and then have two regular deficit days this weekend, or if I should just go back to normal and have less of a deficit this week. I barely had any deficit at all last week so I really would like to be back on track but it will depend how I'm feeling throughout the day I guess.

@maryrobinson40 I hope you feel better soon, that looks painful, big hugs to you!

@Bex953172 I'm so sorry you fell! I'm glad to hear you were not seriously injured, it could have been a lot worse. I hope you are not too sore today.

@Snowflake1968 Those are lovely pictures, I really miss the snow!

Yesterday 3/28:

1. Stay within calorie goal😞
    2. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    3. Finish work at 5:15😁
    4. Stay positive and don't stress😁

JFT 3/29:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Finish work by 5:30 if at all possible (have some catching up to do)
    4. Stay positive and don't stress
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @aubyshortcake . It is annoying because it itches and I can't scratch it.
    Thank you sooo much for your tender care, and the hugs. SURE DO NEED THEM!