JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Have been traveling for work the the last week so biggest goal is to just get back into a routine.
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Meditate
    4. Workout at home
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Finish essay and submit.
    3. Long run: 9 miles. UGH.
    4. Juice bar. Parents.
    5. Write a blog post. Read 10 pages each of new books. Add to Goodreads. Lang8 post.
    6. Review plans. Update first directions. Update class websites.
    7. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Monday
    1. AM walk/intervals. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Update first directions. Put chapter 7 work on cart.
    3. Class 1-2: Grammar review. Chapter 7 work.
    4. Planning: A - Grade late work. B - Sort research essays. C - Grade late work. D - Grade late work.
    5. Class 4: Begin Romeo and Juliet.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Lifting 3:30. Elliptical to 10k. Read 10 pages of Cafeteria. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch. Exam?
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday. Get D to checkmark completion work.
    9. Prep Tue lunch. Chop celery. Therapy exercises at 8:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia??? House Mgr Friday.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing.
    Positive thought:
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Happy Monday and hopefully a nice start to a nice week. I've read all the posts since Friday. I hope you all had a nice Mother's Day and hugs if it wasn't the way you wanted.

@Faebert OMG at police and their dog in your house. I would've been panicking. Glad the kids didn't wake up as they might've been scared. Well done for being calm about it.

@Snowflake1968 your crafts are lovely. Do you find it relaxing? Being against the clock is a fair bit of pressure especially when you want it to be perfect.

Well done to everyone for mostly hitting their goals. We're not perfect and real life tends to jump out on us and blindside our plans. That we're still trying is a success.

I managed most of my goals at the weekend and even pushed myself out of my comfort zone and did some exercise! I struggle massively with balance and I'm quite good at falling over fresh air so I've been nervous of any exercise where I rely on my legs. Well, years ago the kids had a Wii - if anyone remembers them, it's a small games console - and they had everything to go with it. It's been in our loft for years and my daughter said she'd help me with it. So yesterday I created an account on Wiifit and did 10 mins of stepping on and off the board in time with the game. I didn't think I'd be able to do it never mind for 10 mins so I'm really proud of myself. There's lots of bits to it so later I'm going to play tennis haha.

JFT 13/5/19 Monday

1. I’ll come back here each evening
    2. Log everything and be under calorie goal
    3. Take at least 5500 steps
    4. Use Wiifit for 30 mins
    5. Make time to be mindful for me

xx

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I hope you had a nice weekend.

Yesterday was a lot of fun, we went to my mother-in-law's for lunch then back to my parents' for a barbecue for dinner. I definitely ate way too much, I couldn't even log it accurately so I just guestimated that I had about 4,500 calories. When I eat at the pace and amount I was eating it usually ends up being around that, so that's my go to major overeating number. I hope it's an over estimation but I'm fairly certain it's not 😞. That would have my weekly average being in a 300 calorie surplus every day.. Ugh.

I can tell I am extremely bloated this morning and there's a food baby in my belly lol, I'm just going to move forward tho, that's all I can do. Today is a new day, and just for today I'm going to stay within my calorie goal.

JFT 5/13:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Put away clean laundry
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh-in:

Ultimate Goal weight: 154
    First Goal weight: 159
    Starting weight (this year): 167
    Jan 7th: 167
    Jan14th: 166
    Jan 28th: 163.25
    Feb 4th: 164.25
    Feb 11th: 163.75
    Feb 25th: 166.75
    Mar 4th: 164.75
    Mar 11th: 167.75
    Mar 18th: 165
    Mar 25th: 164
    Apr 1st: 162.75
    Apr 15th: 164.25
    May 13th: 166.25

So I'm nearly back at this year's starting weight again, but I don't feel too bad about it. I've only gained 2 pounds across a two-week holiday and a long weekend in France. Previously I would have gained way more than that, so I think 2 pounds is pretty reasonable. I imagine some of that will be water weight and fall off this week anyway (assuming I do get back on track!)

This week I don't have any tricky eating situations coming up, except for possibly one leaving drinks on Friday, so it should be (relatively) easy to stay within my calories. I say 'relatively' because as we all know, this is never easy!

• korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Woke up bloaty, 2lbs up from yesterday, and feeling sluggish so basically paying the price for my weekend indulgence. Intention for today is to eat for health/fuel.

JFT 5/13
    Eat mindfully
    Eat for fuel/healthy choices
    30 minutes tempo run
    laundry/pack
    mindful meditation x3 for one minute each
    Extra water today

I am leaving for vacation in two days! I am really excited but I was hoping to be further along in my weight loss than I am. But it's ok, I feel good and I am desperately in need of a few days without responsibilities. I'm on a good path and have to remember that it's not a destination but a way of life along the way.

That's my thought for the day! My intention is set to "reset/health" for today and I'm ready to make that happen.
  • Sunshinelinzee
    Sunshinelinzee Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there. Whether this is a happy day or a sad day for you know someone out there in the world is sending you all of the positive vibes and wishing you the greatest of days.

JFT for me for 5/12
    Active recovery yoga (done already)

Stay on plan and do not overeat when visiting my folks for Mother’s Day lunch. It’s just casual - the place we are going specializes in giant sandwiches. But like one sandwich is pretty much made on an entire loaf of bread. For me this means whole wheat, half sandwich (and only eat half of it - I’m telling you these things are huge), water or unsweetened tea and no fries. The one I get is hummus sprouts spinach tomato avocado and bacon so I’m not sweating the actual sandwich fixing - just the size and bread and temptation of the fries.

Get all of our breakfasts and lunches prepped in containers for the week

AF day 7

Happy Monday everyone

Yesterday I did well - stayed the course but I gave in on the sweet potato fries. I counted them, there were 10, and logged them and still came in at goal for the day.

For today 5/13

Workout
    Count and log and stay on plan
    AF
    And it’s back to work and back to that terrible project that I’d really like to finish!
    If I have enough time at the end of the day report some tomatoes or start spring cleaning the windows
    Have a great day all!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Back from holiday and only a little heavier! (as above).

I had a very nice holiday. Chile is a beautiful country and we saw some amazing things. I will post a couple of pictures for those who are interested. It was also really nice to have a proper break. I wasn't very relaxed for the first couple of days as work had been quite stressful in the run-up, but I then switched off and had an amazing time :smile:

I'm now back and trying to get caught up on stuff, whilst trying not to lose the 'holiday feeling' immediately! There is such an amazing feeling on holiday. I have read articles about this that attribute much of the feeling to all the novelty and new experiences. The articles recommend keeping the holiday feeling going at home by seeking out new experiences when back at home, and making an effort to look at things as if you were a tourist in your own town. I think this is really interesting and I could be way better at this. I have a tendency to get sucked into all the things I 'need' to do, and to get diverted from the enjoyment of just being alive.

Anyway, on that note, here's the things to do today .... :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - 3+ bottles water
    - Get outside for a walk

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 3+ of French book, article, podcast, Duolingo
    - Sort out holiday money
    - Do holiday reviews
    - Catch up on emails
    - Do lots of French work
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Today's positive thought: I am really lucky to be alive and to have just been on a fantastic holiday.

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I will exercise mindful moderation today: By staying in the green, even though stomach will probably demand more food, being used to holiday eating!

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!

Had an okay weekend. I made my Mom beef stew for dinner but got a call at about 430 saying that she was sick so we're postponing until tonight. At least beef stew gets better overnight.

JFT, 5-13-19

1. Log all my food
    2. Stay away from candy AND snack cakes
    3. Fold all the laundry
    4. So at least half of the dishes
    5. Have a good dinner with Mom and Dad
    6. Bed by 1030

I'll be back later today.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Work deadline looming, no time to read 70+ posts since last time. I'm still struggling to eat zero net cals ~ just too much snacking going on. Hugs to you all!

JFT 5/13 M
    1) Walked dog before work 3.62 mi 1:05:56 & stretched = happy dog & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks even if cranking at work / 5 somethings
    3) Prelog meals & snacks / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Really crank out testing
    5) Evening to-do's
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / set/verify 5:40 alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (walk dog before work T)
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    @bookmeister86 those are cool photos- had no idea chile looked like that, drier and higher elevation?
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Waters :|
    3. Empty dishwasher :)
    4. Make coffee :)
    5. Dog vet clinic at 4 :)
    6. Call mom :)
    7. Be nice :)

JFT Monday
    1. Log all food - prelog!
    2. Waters!
    3. Run dishwasher
    4. Load of laundry
    5. QT with DH
    6. Be nice; no complaining, no gossiping
    7. 10 squats/bathroom trip
    8. Cook dinner at home
    9. Eat packed lunch
    10. Bed by 9:30
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,372 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 I hope you can get the little ones faces cleared up. It's awfully hard to do. All the times I had to deal with that, I never once thought to put the medicine on at night when they slept. Kudos for taking on the house. Sounds like your system is working.

@ZizzyBumble ME TOO! Time to buckle down.

@wannabeskinnycat Great job finding an avenue for exercise that fits your life style. It only gets better from here.

@aubyshortcake Yep, leave the past in the past... Onward we go!

@bookmeister86 Welcome back! I think only gaining 2# on holiday is terrific. I loved the pictures the landscape is breathtaking. More importantly it looks like you are relaxed and having fun.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sunday May 12- DETERMINED
    2L of water - :)
    Calories in green - :/ No, but I really enjoyed my day
    Walk 1 Mile - :)
    Plank Challenge - 60 Squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - >:)
    5 something at bathroom break - :)
    Something on commercials - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - :)

JFT - Monday May 13- DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I had a great day yesterday, I puttered around the house all morning and then went and dried a couple of loads of laundry I had washed. I then came home and just watched tv until Kaitlyn and Brodey showed up to make me supper. They brought me flowers and a really nice card.

We called Rodger's Mom while supper was on the barbecue and she told us she wouldn't be able to make it out for the wedding because they couldn't afford it. After we were off the phone with her we started talking about it between us and Brodey said is it only the cost holding her back. I said I think so, he said well I'll get her ticket. He has been saving points on his credit card just in case this happened. He didn't want to do it unless it was necessary, but he wants Kaitlyn to have her Grandmother here for the wedding. We called his Mom back and told him Brodey was getting the ticket and she said no at first, but then agreed. I have to call her this morning to discuss the final details of it. We discussed what is left to be done for the wedding and we have a pretty good handle on it we think.

I have to email Sarah this morning as I haven't received final confirmation for where I am to meet Jim for the interview tomorrow. I would feel better if I had it tonight since the meeting is at 1030 in the morning. I think I'll try to get my walk in this afternoon too because it's supposed to rain a lot this week.

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I'm still recovering from being sick. I'm able to function only bc the cold medicine covers up my symptoms long enough to do necessary stuff. I slept as much as possible all weekend (bc hubby was here to help with the kiddos and baby).

My goal today is to complete my last Final Exam for this semester and get a few groceries for dinner. Other than that, I'm still trying to get well.

Keep up the good work everyone!! 😅
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    I got the call!!! I am meeting with her boss Tuesday at 1030. She gave me some tips for meeting him. I’m nervous and excited now, but as she said once that’s done it’s up to the universe, I should know I’ve given it my best.

I'm so far behind! I'm thinking you mean Tuesday, as in tomorrow? 5/14? I'll be praying for you for peace, steadiness, confidence and whatever else you need to ace this last step! (((HUGS))) You must be so excited!!!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    And here are a few photos for those who are interested... particularly @PackerFanInGB !

If anyone is particularly into wildlife, I have a LOT more photos of cute animals/ birds that I'm happy to share privately! (I'm also happy to share publicly, just don't want to spam the group with my holiday...)

LOVE LOVE the pictures!! Thanks for sharing ... and welcome back! You look great BTW