2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I went to get Lauryn and the kids yesterday and stopped and got some groceries on the way back. I swear groceries cost more every single week!

I applied for a couple of placement agencies yesterday that I hadn’t already applied for. I am going to really send out some resumes today after I take the Grands home.

I bought the spackle so I can fill holes and retouch the walls where I have moved pictures this week. That may be my tomorrow project. I noticed when I opened the window today that they need cleaned!

I have lots to do I guess.

I don’t think I’ll be getting any feedback on the reason I didn’t get the job. The recruiter that initially interviewed me and has been my contact is a consultant for the company only working for them when they require something of her. She is the one that contacted me to tell me that theta had chosen someone else. Her email told me that the owners enjoyed meeting me and spending time with me, but they had chosen to go with someone they had met on their own not through her. So I think she is not aware of any reasoning either.

I’m letting it go! Just like Elsa.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,917 Member
    Bex953172 - great job yesterday, did it make you feel better?

Elbee1 - I couldn’t do it, I struggle with 7 on days that I’ve stayed up late. I used to do what you do and I gave it up in my late 30’s. I finally started going to bed earlier and I think everyone in my life was thankful for it.

Jeschepp - good for you for putting it out there that you want to do it. Putting it out may help you be more determined to do it.

Bookmeister86 - good job on still going to French class. You put in some long days.

Clicketykeys - great job on the run!

Daneejela - sorry about the gallbladder issue. I’ve had friends suffer terribly from that before they would do surgeries to fix it.

I love seeing all of the shared stories of our childhoods, parenting, lives. I truly believe it takes a village not only to raise children but to live our lives. I think we have an incredible village.
  • Snowflake1968
    2blrapq636l6.jpg

What did the doctor say?
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Mary's ugliness. Heat compresses and antibiotics and still fighting...
    Sorry if this is TMI in above picture
  • maryrobinson40
    xa7nsx1s6bpc.jpg
  • Snowflake1968
    Mary's ugliness. Heat compresses and antibiotics and still fighting...
    Sorry if this is TMI in above picture

There is not TMI, it looks painful. I hope it heals fast for you.
  • maryrobinson40
    Swollen knot under neck, and knot on the side
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Great work, Mary! :D You are an inspiration. Do you know what the reason is for the knots? :(
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Swollen knot under neck, and knot on the side

Mary! I am thankful the docs are being pro-active on this. My goodness. I am praying for a quick turn around. And I also want to say, good for you in coming up with great plans of action to keep moving and to tell people what you need from them. Hopefully they will be fully supportive.

May your day be filled with peace and joy.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,444 Member
    Well 2 weeks ago my weight was 134.1 today it was 139.1... My friend who was in charge of the weight competition couldn't get over the 5 lbs in 2 weeks. I tried to play it off, but it was embarrassing. She is a work friend not really someone I could confide in. I skipped my weigh in last week because I was embarrassed and a little afraid to see the damage. This is what happens when I give up and self destruct. I was sick the night before the 134.1, and there is definitely water weight happening right now, but I can't blame all 5 pounds on that when I know I've been out of control. Sneaking to eat treats so that the kids don't think it's acceptable, and the husband doesn't question it. Anyway, I think seeing it was a little wake up call. Perhaps if I'd owned up last week, I would have had incentive to get back on track sooner. Today is already better food and attitude wise.

JFT Thursday

- Up at 6:30 :( More like 7:15
    - Shower :( Decided to wear a ball cap to work.
    - Get to work before 8:00. :) 7:45
    - Weigh in :) As I said above, it sucked
    - Healthy, lite lunch :) protein bar and an apple
    - Finish up adding test codes the work on VDA project
    - Leave work between 4:00 & 5:00
    - All of the laundry is done and folded or hung (miracle!!!) Sort all of the clean laundry into piles so the fam can put theirs away.
    - Pick up you youngest from play practice and meet with director about props and sets. I thing all of the props are done...
    - Lite dinner. Go back to eating half of what is served.
    - Change and wash bedding (I don't do this enough)
    - To bed by 10:00

I'm going to go ahead with tomorrow's goals so I can start off the day with a plan

- up at 4:00
    - gym by 5:00
    - Shower & get ready. Actually do my hair and makeup
    - Meet my cousin and my mom for coffee, skip the sweets if possible and grab fruit
    - in to work late
    - fix NH2
    - lite lunch
    - Revise documents
    - Out by 5:00
    - Pick up V at 5:30
    - Pick up S at 6:30
    - Dinner at home
    - Load of laundry
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,248 Member
    edited March 2019
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    Well 2 weeks ago my weight was 134.1 today it was 139.1... My friend who was in charge of the weight competition couldn't get over the 5 lbs in 2 weeks. I tried to play it off, but it was embarrassing.
    y

To gain 5 pounds in a week ... you would have had to eat 17,500 extra calories!! So you know, this is not "real" weight, but more just water weight, your body holding onto food, etc. I was the same way... our grandsons were in town, and after they left I went for a really bad binge. Ice cream cake, easter candy, leftover donuts. The next couple of days, I was UP almost 3 pounds. But to try and not get discouraged, I just kept going as if I was down. And today, those 3 pounds are gone, plus another pound. So the main thing .. no matter what .. is don't let the scale dictate how you will be the rest of the week. You are doing great. Just because the scale does not show all your hard work... and yes.. maybe you had a bad week, but you are back here. You are not giving up. You can do this!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Mary's JFT...😅 I'M STILL HERE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY! LIVE ANOTHER DAY! GAIN THROUGH THIS DAY!
    I HAVE ALREADY PURPOSELY WALKED 2,061 steps, done laundry, and will be marching in place. I march
    In place when doing dishes, I get out of the car and step instead of sitting and waiting for my passengers to
    return to the car. I put in extra steps when vaccuming the floors. Asked my family to not offer me bad food
    choices. And if they do take out, to choose to bring salad back for me.

So proud of you Mary!! Great job!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,598 Member
    Hectic day so far, finally slowing down...

Recap W 3/27
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 8,159 steps, 250+ 13/14 and 43 floors :|
    2) Usual snacks, breakfast & lunch prelogged / soup supper at church ~ 1 piece bread, 1 small dessert, be choosy of soups / net calories zero / 14c water = Stuck w/ plan at soup supper. Unfortunately, pre- and post-supper snacking at home was horrible! Net cals -1,665 over double what should have >:) 14c water, at least.
    3) After work either walk dog or x-train = Nope ~ didn't want to: walk in 25mph winds, change clothes multiple times, blah, blah, blah. Too easy to make excuses when I plan to work out after work. :#
    4) Evening: soup supper 6:15 :smile: / Lent service 7:00 o:) / declutter more in family room :smile: progress / prep lunch for Th :smile: (workplace mindful walk at noon)
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 :smiley: / floss :s / retainers :s / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :s in bed after 11 :(

JFT R 3/28
    1) Yay I did it! Got up before dawn and walked dog before work. Winds had died down and mild temp of 42, very comfortable with proper layers. Heard ducks and geese overhead, many other birds singing plus heard turkeys and sandhill cranes. Last weekend saw my first robins, a sure sign of spring, & Tues. evening dog & I walked within 50 feet of two cranes. This a.m. forgot to stretch after, but oh well. 3.51 mi 1:03:44 = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Weekly lunchtime mindful walk at workplace. Wish the sun would come out. Small but fun group this time. 2.26 mi 42:15 = happy me :smiley:
    3) Post-event tasks in EMT for yesterday's seminar :smiley: / check chapter emails :smile:
    4) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    5) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water
    6) Evening: pick up dry cat food at vet's on way home / wash dishes / family room declutter marathon continues / other to-do's?
    7) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (x-train before work F a.m.)
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT Weds
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Waters, now! :/
    3. 10 squats/bathroom trip >:)
    4. Take Spiro
    5. Oil change at 11 :)
    6. Eat packed lunch :)
    7. Cook dinner at home - sheps pie :)
    8. Be positive and kind :)
    9. Put away laundry >:)
    10. Empty dishwasher :)
    11. Swifter :)
    12. Update this list later :)
    13. Pack work sweater/pick out clothes :)
    14. Bed by 9:30 :)
    15. Rest!!! :)

Thurs AM
    Smoothie :)
    Fish oil :)
    Zinc, elderberry :)
    Up by 555 :)

JFT thurs
    1. Be kind
    2. Waters
    3. Log all food
    4. Rest!
    5. Cook dinner at home
    6. Bed by 930
    7. Pick out clothes
    8. Shower
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,444 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    Well 2 weeks ago my weight was 134.1 today it was 139.1... My friend who was in charge of the weight competition couldn't get over the 5 lbs in 2 weeks. I tried to play it off, but it was embarrassing.
    y

To gain 5 pounds in a week ... you would have had to eat 17,500 extra calories!! So you know, this is not "real" weight, but more just water weight, your body holding onto food, etc. I was the same way... our grandsons were in town, and after they left I went for a really bad binge. Ice cream cake, easter candy, leftover donuts. The next couple of days, I was UP almost 3 pounds. But to try and not get discouraged, I just kept going as if I was down. And today, those 3 pounds are gone, plus another pound. So the main thing .. no matter what .. is don't let the scale dictate how you will be the rest of the week. You are doing great. Just because the scale does not show all your hard work... and yes.. maybe you had a bad week, but you are back here. You are not giving up. You can do this!

It was over 2 weeks, but even then I'm guessing its more like 2-3 pounds. It was just uncomfortable because I had a lock on 2nd place in the competition. I still got 2nd ($20), but many people made comments on my big gain. I can throw back some junk food when I'm on edge or anxious. Thank you for making me feel better about things. I really do feel okay for the first time in nearly a month. Here is to more good days than bad.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member

Wednesday:
    1. weight in :)
    2. drink >8C liquids :) didn't track it, but pretty sure it was 10
    3. 10,000 steps :(
    4. go to the gym :(
    5. cardio/weight workout :(

Thursday:
    1. weight in
    2. drink >8C liquids
    3. 10,000 steps
    4. go to the gym
    5. cardio/weight workout
    6. no social eating at work
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    What a day!
    Been busy today, went out into town to grab a few bits for the pets, got a new mixer tap for the bath with shower attachment because this house has an electric shower. I could not hack that *kitten*. No power at all and my hairs thick and long and it was just awful! So now weve changed the taps on the bath we now have a shower working from the boiler

Oh, Ash got his disability back!
    The manager checked over his claim vefore the tribunal and was disgusted at the decision that was made!
    So its been reinstated, so has Carers benefit AND it gets back dated! Not sure when we will get that payment though.

Only really bad thing today was i stood on some uneven floor not noticing and took a tumble, wouldnt be so bad if i didnt have Casey in a sling on my front and i was holding hands with Marley!
    So mothers instinct kicked in and ( LOL thinking back it was like slow-mo!) I wrapped my arm around Caseys head and yanked up the arm holding Marleys hand. Casey was completely unscathed, not even suprised! Marley scraped her knee and a slight bump to the head (i went for a cheer-me-up hot chocolate, Marley got 1 too and ice for her head) and ive got ripped leggings and scraped knee, sore ankle, sore wrist and a dent in my pride LOL

Ash saw it happen, he was just coming out the shop, before he could even move two lovely ladies had picked me and the kids up lol! I got dead embarrassed thinking someone musf have thought it looked hilarious but Ash reassured me theres nothing funny about falling over with a baby!

And then we collected Saskia from school and shes been nothing but a pain in my backside all night! And kept winding marley up so she started being a pain and the little bugger locked me outside in the garden (Ash really went mad at them for that)

Its like 8.30 pm here but my two goals are to clean the kitchen and the rabbit, then early night for me.
  • Snowflake1968
    @Bex953172 - I bet your fall will be causing you more pain tomorrow. Hope it’s not too bad.

I am so incredibly happy for you and Ash! What a great relief it must have been to get that news!

I just took the Grands home. It was a nice visit and I love them to death, but man they tire me out! I think one of the biggest reasons is they don’t sleep well here.

I applied for some more jobs today, one is to work for 6 days for our provincial election coming up. Not sure if I’ll here anything or not, but it’s worth a shot.