JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    JFT 8th March

Eat sensibly DID OKAY
    Eat some vegetables DO BAKED BEANS COUNT???
    Housework YES
    Visit parents YES, DID THEIR SHOPPING
    March challenge - walk with friend YES, AROUND 1 HOUR, IN THE WIND AND RAIN, SO VERY PLEASED WITH OURSELVES :)

Saturday morning and it's pouring with rain AGAIN. I'm so desperate for some spring weather. I dislike winter and feeling cold. But since being on this thread and reading about how bad the weather is in parts of the USA I realise it could be a lot worse :p

JFT 9th March

Eat sensibly
    Eat some vegetables
    Clear out the stuff I've put in son Ds bedroom, expecting him to move his own things back soon
    Moisturize
    No babysitting today, dogsitting instead :)
    March challenge - walk

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM. Warm up car and take gum.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Put first directions on board. Check in with B. Update leaderboard!
    3. Class 1-2: Poetry project. Enter grades. No HW. Return student work.
    4. Planning: A - PARENT CALLS. B - Enter grades. C - Draft & print lesson plans. D - Draft essay.
    5. Class 4: Presentations. Edit essays (HAND BACK). NRI. No homework.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run after school? Blog post. FINISH ESSAY? Check in with Z. Read 10 pages of Capital, 5 of Ivanhoe. Update Goodreads. REMOVE NAIL POLISH!
    8. Check recipes; make grocery list. Prep cheese Saturday after groceries. Used bookstore and recycling?
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Print progress reports Monday to hand out Tuesday.

JFT Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Leave for Y by 8:30. Strength class. Treadmill. Zumba. Duolingo. Grade student work.
    3. Contact B. Check in with parentses. Update and FINISH plans for next week. FINISH ESSAY.
    4. SUBMIT PROJECT. Read 6 pages of Capital, 10 of Ivanhoe. Type key for Burke readings.
    5. Groceries. TAKE GROCERY BAGS. Used bookstore. Recycling. Get gas. Lang8 journal entry. Blog post. Prep cheese.
    6. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Update: Progress reports required FRIDAY.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 188.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. I did NOT want to stay at school and go for a run, but I did it. Even read a little more of Piketty's Capital. Whew, that sucker is challenging.

Still not fully unpacked from the cruise. Sandals are on the floor. Hats are on the end table. *sigh* Maybe I can add that to today's list, but schoolwork still has to take priority.

Time to head to the Y! <3 all
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I'm so relieved it's the weekend.

Work has really been wearing on me. My boss is a great person and I'm thankful for the opportunity he's given me, but his inability to handle his stress well and constant panic mode is making myself and my one colleague crazy.

I feel like if he does not stop this soon I really need to have a heart to heart with him. I need my job and I enjoy it other than this but it's become a toxic environment and this cannot continue.

@toaljasa I'm proud to say I've finally found some consistency, you are so right about this! It makes all the difference!

@maryrobinson40 that is awesome, going back and doubling up on the walk, you should be so proud!

Here's yesterday 3/8:

1. Stay within calorie goal😁
    2. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    3. Leave work by 5:15😁
    4. Cook dinner😁

JFT 3/9:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps
    3. Do workout
    4. Cook dinner
    5. Take time to just relax, maybe sit outside
    and read or play WoW..or both. This is the time in the week to decompress and unwind, do not neglect that.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Jft Friday
    1. Smoothie :)
    2. Fish oil >:)
    3. Sand driveway :)
    4. Quick clean up :)
    5. Shower. Exfoliate. Dry hair :)
    6. Log all food :)
    7. Waters! Every hour >:)
    8. Salad and veggie buger for lunch >:)
    9. Update this list again later >:)

JFT Saturday
    1. Log all food
    2. Waters ever hour (stop for bottled water)
    3. Smoothie
    4. Fish oil
    5. Move laundry NOW
    6. Leave by 11:30
    7. Set up air mattress
    8. Mini meal plan
    9. Update this list later
    10. Log in again tomorrow, weekends are not free for alls
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    [quote="maryrobinson40; Love your visual entries.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,769 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday March 8 Determined
    2L of water - 😩
    Calories in Maintenance - 😂
    Walk 1 Mile - 😂
    Plank Challenge - 😂
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😂
    5 something at bathroom break - 😂
    Write in Journal -😒
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 😂

JFT - Saturday March 9 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Maintenance
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,213 Member
    Options
    Saturdays meeting topic:
    Todays meeting was about setting goals ... perfect for what we do here. She talked about not only goals regarding the scale, but long term goals ... like one lady just wanted to do a push up. Another lady wanted to learn to drink water better. Everything that we are doing here!!!

But I was pretty bummed ... I thought I was going to be down at least 2#, but only down .2 pound. I drank a ton of water last nite. I was super stressed, as our daughter was out crying again. And I wanted to eat. But, I didn't, but drank I think 4 large glasses of water. So I am hoping my lack of pounds loss was because the water was still in me. A part of me wants to give up, but I know the scale will be up and down. But I am learning hopefully to not control emotions with food, and a small loss is better than a large gain. I am just wanting to get out of the 200s!

So today it is raining, but I am picking up my daughter ... going to try and do something fun to cheer her up. (That will probably involve shopping!).
  • mytime6630
    Options

I did have what I thought was an awesome NSV yesterday though....I normally would have eaten my feelings. I had candybars, tootsie rolls, saltwater taffy, etc, right by me for colleauges and did not touch one. I wanted to, but I did not. I did not go grab crap from the vending machines. And when I went for lunch at noon, I went to Culvers and bought a chicken cashew salad. When I got home, I wanted to dig into the ice cream, but I did not. This was a huge victory for me, seeing as I was still extremly upset. So I think as I manage to get through each day without eating crap, it gets a bit easier for me to stay away from it. Yay!

Have a great Saturday!

GREAT NSV!!!!!! That is a huge victory ... so proud of you! We are going to get there this year!
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Saturday is always hard for exercise. BodyPump and a short break before 90 minutes of Zumba. I did it, but now I’m tired and moving slow and there’s still so much to do! Husband wants to go see Captain Marvel but I might push for getting errands done and completing my coursework first and seeing the movie tomorrow. We’ll see...
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Friday

- Take morning meds so there is no repeat of yesterday. 😀
    - Early morning gym and work by 8:00 were both a bust 😟
    - Drink 1L of H2O before lunch 😀
    - Breakfast <300cal 😀
    - Drink no more than 2 diet sodas today 😀
    - Work on lab stuff and update methods to meet ASTM & ISO standards 😏didn’t all work, but I did it.
    - Lunch <300cal 😀
    - Leave work by 4:00. In late leave early, right? 🤨not even close
    - Really need to do laundry. It piles up fast with 4 people in day clothes, gym/practice clothes and night clothes... 😒nope
    - Total daily calories under 1500. Mid way between maintenance and 1#/week is my safe weekend place. 😀
    - Do NOT lay down on the couch at 7:00 or 8:00 and emulate a slug. Be present. 😀
    - Bed by 11:00 giving me a little more time with hubby and fam. 🥰 Nope but watched a movie with hubby so it’s ok

JFT Saturday

- Sleep in a bit. 😀
    - Take kid to theater workshop at 9:00. 😀had oldest take her so I could be lazy.
    - Gym or hike. 🙃oldest daughter joined me for a hike. I was bummed at first because that is my alone time, but it was nice to spend some one on one time.
    - Go setup and teach mom to use her medical alert system. 😌the reality of her dementia is difficult for me.
    - Get cleaned up and a little dressed up for date night. Dinner and a play.
    - Don’t worry able calories at dinner, but skip the bread and eat half of what is served.
    - Enjoy the play
    - Come home and enjoy my husband’s company.
    - Bed by 11:00

Have a great day y’all!

• clicketykeys
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Saturdays meeting topic:
    Todays meeting was about setting goals ... perfect for what we do here. She talked about not only goals regarding the scale, but long term goals ... like one lady just wanted to do a push up. Another lady wanted to learn to drink water better. Everything that we are doing here!!!

But I was pretty bummed ... I thought I was going to be down at least 2#, but only down .2 pound. I drank a ton of water last nite. I was super stressed, as our daughter was out crying again. And I wanted to eat. But, I didn't, but drank I think 4 large glasses of water. So I am hoping my lack of pounds loss was because the water was still in me. A part of me wants to give up, but I know the scale will be up and down. But I am learning hopefully to not control emotions with food, and a small loss is better than a large gain. I am just wanting to get out of the 200s!

So today it is raining, but I am picking up my daughter ... going to try and do something fun to cheer her up. (That will probably involve shopping!).

Remember that you can’t directly control your weight. But we can control what we do, and that then affects our weight. Keep doing what you know works. Sometimes results require patience. You can do this!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 9 March

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge >:) doubt it but failed to log!
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :)

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,081 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Sorry I've been away for a few days. Not really any excuse. Just didn't pop on. Had a busy day yesterday. And truth be told a really busy one today too. Matt and I ran around for a little early this afternoon and then spent like 2.5 hours building a hanging desk and attempting to fasten it to the wall...that was a fail. We have to go to Home Depot tomorrow and pick up a few things and then try again. Lol. Send a prayer up that we dont kill each other. We almost did today. There are times that I just should not help him with projects. I think that this may be one of them. Hopefully after this is all said and done tomorrow we will still be married. XD

I think I will post my goals for tomorrow right now so that I dont forget tomorrow.

JFT, 2-9-19

1. Log all food
    2. Write these goals on white board
    3. Drink 4 cups of water
    4. Home Depot for supplies
    5. Don't kill Matt
    6. DISHES!!!!
    7. BANK!!!
    8. Laundry!!!
    9. Put clothes away
    10. Clean up bedroom
    11. Make sensible choices at Outback for dinner
    12. Bed by 10:30(I need to get back going to bed and getting up earlier.)

Haha I'm pretty sure DIY should be like a compulsory test before getting married LOL!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Muscles are hurting that I've never known to hurt before LOL
    if anyone fancies burning some extra calories you are absolutely welcome to come help pack away my whole house!
    I will provide tea and biscuits?

Any takers lol?!

I wish I could come!!! My son will be in London next week ... I should go along with him and come help you pack!!! But I bet the packing is fun ... and so exciting for you all!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Where are my goals .... I guess I didn't set any for today!

I went to my WW meeting. I thought I would be down at least 2 pounds, according to my scales LAST NITE. But this morning when I woke up, I was UP 2 pounds ... so needless to say, at the WW meeting, it said I only lost .2 of a #. I was so bummed, because I felt I worked really really hard. I even resisted eating even ONE chocolate cookie! But then, I realized that the scale will not always move. That once I get to my goal, I have to eat like this all the time. That I have to learn to be aware of what I eat ... not just so the scale moved, but so I can get/stay as healthy as I can. But I have to admit, I hope next week I can at least show a loss (after all, I paid $100 for the 3 months :s )

So today I took my daughter out shopping and lunch. We went to Panera bread, but since everything on that menu is pretty high in points, I just had a peach/blueberry smoothie. then after I got home, I made myself a chicken sandwich. Then hubby wanted to go out to eat at a mexican restuarant. First I was going to say no, but after a rainy stormy day, the sun came out ,and it was nice to get out. So , I had my margarita, but only drank half.I had my chicken chimigiana, but only ate half, and only ate half of my beans and rice.Still way over, but now the rest of the week, I will just watch what I eat. So I am proud that I am learning to at least pay attention to these things. (And, I left the basket of chips alone!). Baby steps.

SO JFT, Sun
    1. go to the gym
    2. log all food
    3. concentrate on water = 8+ glasses
    4. feb challenge - only one evening snack... if any.
    5. mar challenge ... if not raining, go out for a walk.
    6. take daughters stuff to the tax people. .. hoping she will not owe a lot
    7. do no give up. Keep trying ... one habit at a time, one day at a time. The scale is not a predictor ... stay off of it.