JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ The morning got all done, including a stop at the Public Library. Eye Exam and great news... No
    Cataracts! No Burst vessels! No detachments! Just regular aging
    and glasses should bring comfort.
    Picked up Phillip and daughter from work
    Went and got them dinner
    Picked up grandson from bus stop and took him home
    Took daughter back to work, came back home and only had taken
    shoes off when daughter called me back to tell me she had
    gotten her finger cut and needed to go to urgent care. So I drove back
    to her job and got her and took her. The name Urgent was a joke
    because it took as long as it would have if I had taken her to
    ER. So I made the most of my waiting and got up and began
    Low impact workout, and building my steps on my Fitbit.
    Took her home, then I came home and cleaned out the car before
    coming inside.. I'm tired, but my mind is rehearsing what else needs
    to be done. And I'm drinking water while logging this.
    Love you ALL and good night.

Wow -- you are one busy lady. but I am SO PROUD of you .... walking while at the Urgent care!! And then coming home and cleaning the car!!!!!! And drinking water!! Way to go Sister!!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Here goes for Monday:
    Journal every bite. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Stay green. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    <29 g added sugar ๐Ÿ˜Š
    <75 g carbs. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Protein in every snack and meal. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    64 oz of water. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    Activity of some kind. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Read some scripture today.
    Listen to Joyce podcast. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Calm app. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Be kind. ๐Ÿ˜Š Look for the positives. ๐Ÿ˜Š. Keep things in perspective. ๐Ÿ˜Š Can always be worse. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Prep for tomorrow, tonight. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    Sew something. Anything. โ˜น๏ธ Went and got my hair colored and highlights put in. Ran out of time. But I love the color! ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Enjoy what is left of the day. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Evening routine to include 1 self-care thing. ๐Ÿ˜Š Hair salon

Was a pretty good day. I got a call from the doctor. Some of my levels are high so I had to go for more labs today. Makes me nervous when this stuff happens. I think there will always be a part of me who is afraid of the cancer returning. ๐Ÿ˜•. Wish my head wouldnโ€™t always go there! Ugh! I know theyโ€™re just being on the safe side though and itโ€™s all going to be fine!

Another good day of logging and no added sugar! I ate my 1 lb of fresh veggies with freshly ground peanut butter on the celery for lunch. Never thought Iโ€™d see the day Iโ€™d eat 1 lb of veggies over a candy bar. WINNING! ๐Ÿ˜

Iโ€™ll hop on tomorrow morning with new goals. Have a great evening! โค๏ธ
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options

Was a pretty good day. I got a call from the doctor. Some of my levels are high so I had to go for more labs today. Makes me nervous when this stuff happens. I think there will always be a part of me who is afraid of the cancer returning. ๐Ÿ˜•. Wish my head wouldnโ€™t always go there! Ugh! I know theyโ€™re just being on the safe side though and itโ€™s all going to be fine!

Another good day of logging and no added sugar! I ate my 1 lb of fresh veggies with freshly ground peanut butter on the celery for lunch. Never thought Iโ€™d see the day Iโ€™d eat 1 lb of veggies over a candy bar. WINNING! ๐Ÿ˜

Iโ€™ll hop on tomorrow morning with new goals. Have a great evening! โค๏ธ

You are an encouragement in making good solid food choices. Your energy is up. Your countenance is oozing through the computer :) I am sorry about the wait time re: the doctor. The fear of the unknown can be debilitating if we let it. And I've let it far too often...your mind goes completely out of whack in the imagination area. Heartbeat goes up. It's a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad feeling!!! BUT. You are keeping busy. You are choosing to keep focused on staying on the path that has been laid out before you. And as a Believer, no doubt you are casting your fears on Him because He cares for you. (1 Pet. 5:7) Praying for you.

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    So many smiley faces and wins on here yesterday - great to see everyone smashing it or getting back on track.

Had a good day myself. Only goal i didnโ€™t hit was my early night, which is annoying as I am tired this morning and feel exercise will be a struggle. Bf phoned just as I was about to go to sleep and I didnโ€™t want to ignore him. Ended up falling asleep mid-conversation again which always annoys him. But he knows my routine so Iโ€™m not sure why he insists on phoning late!

Anyway, on to today. Itโ€™s rainy and miserable and I was planning to run home at lunchtime for my car to go to hot yoga after work. Hoping itโ€™s dry by then but either way I really want to make the class this evening. My parents are picking up the kids and taking them to dinner, bless them, so it should all work out.

Monday goals recap:
    - morning workout โœ…
    - Trial taking and freezing protein shake at work โœ…
    - Buy milk and squash on way to work โœ…
    - Water! โœ…
    - Check invoice has been paid for workshop โœ…
    - IW coming in at 12:15. Take DC down to office to meet her. โœ…
    - Eyebrows/tan after work if I can leave on time โœ… (eyebrows)
    - Girls hair wash โœ…
    - Bed by 9.โŽ

Tuesday goals:
    - morning workout
    - Buy veggies on way to work
    - Call venue for party food booking
    - Email SLT re Africa partnership school
    - Email 5A re buddy reading groups
    - Home lunchtime for car
    - Leave work on time for hot yoga
    - Online grocery shopping (cake ingredients)
    - Early night! Bed by 9.

Have a good day all. X
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 12 March

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - 3+ bottles water :smile: Though quite a lot was left until this morning!
    - No alcohol :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :neutral: Until lunch, dinner a bit less
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :neutral: Forgot again!
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :smile: Yes, I talked back to myself when I considered eating leftover sandwiches in the work kitchen. I did not eat any
    - Give myself credit! :neutral: Not as much as I could have given what I achieved!

- 45 minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Catch up on emails :neutral: I did some but didn't finish - will try to do so today
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast :smiley: I did LOADS - well in excess of normal
    - Finish work by 7pm latest :smile:
    - Holiday planning or 7 habits :/ I did the washing up instead
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!

- 45 minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Catch up on emails
    - Stay positive
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast
    - Finish work by 7pm latest
    - Holiday planning/ 7 habits
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: 60 in red

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I practised Mindful Moderation yesterday: By not eating free sandwiches and eating my lunch slowly
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food๐Ÿ‘
    2. Meditate ๐Ÿ‘
    3. Workout at home๐Ÿ‘
    4. One healthy snack after dinner๐Ÿ‘
    5. Drink 150oz water๐Ÿ‘

Quite sick today so am going to only do easy goals JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Meditate
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. One healthy snack after dinner
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    ss44yte0ugia.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    yqgsqbphkc1y.jpg
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Coffee! Log 1 item. Warm car. PUT GROCERY BAGS IN BACK. Update JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: TAKE COMPUTER TO LIBRARY AND UPDATE WORD. Update class websites. Update WLGs. Offer hugs as students enter/leave.
    3. Class 1-2: TIB example analysis; type. HW: Learning / thesis. Inform about Socratic seminar.
    4. Planning: A - Write discussion post. Call parents about progress reports. B - Grade late work at lunch duty. C - Input grades. D - Update lesson plans.
    5. Class 4: Fix laws of life essays. Chromebooks if needed for research. Check on Works Cited. Homework: Proof / verb phrases.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Strength 4:30. Zumba 5:30. If it stays nice, I will probably go for a run instead. Quiz. Recycling? Used bookstore? AUDITION!
    8. Therapy exercises. Prep Tue lunch: Saag. Chop celery. Pack lunch bag. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. Print progress reports THURSDAY for FRIDAY.

JFT Tuesday
    1. AM run. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00. Warm car.
    2. Before school: Meeting. Update class websites.
    3. Class 1-2: Finish projects. Grammarly! Introduce and evaluate paragraphs. Grade 10 projects. HW: Creativity / compounds. 1st block - TABLE 5 NEEDS TO PUT DESKS BACK.
    4. Planning: A - Call parents; discussion comments. B - Grade homework and projects at duty. C - Input grades. D - Call parents; draft essay. Therapy exercises.
    5. Class 4: Grammarly / essay work. Further practice on NoRedInk.
    6. Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Bodypump 5:30. Lang8 post. Read 6 pages of Capital. Read 10 pages of Ivanhoe.
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday. QUIZ. French meeting? Recycling? Used bookstore?
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00. Print progress reports THURSDAY for FRIDAY. Check callback list Wednesday noon.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 187.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing.

I feel like the audition went REALLY well last night. But it's hard to know. Sometimes you're great but you're not what they're looking for. :(

Also, I need to get a new band for my fitness tracker. This one keeps falling off; I think it's just wearing out.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

Yesterday I got pretty upset at work (part of it may have been hormone related). My boss came in saying he had bad news and that he wasn't going to pay our 30 minute lunches anymore so we would have to start working an extra 30 minutes every day.

I know lots of places don't pay lunch and that's fine, it's more the principle of the matter as I've been there over a year now and worked countless hours of overtime to help him out and now all of sudden I'm not worth a 30 minute lunch break?

This is getting ridiculous, what other unpleasant surprises are coming? I need to just chill out but I'm having a really hard time with that lately.

Anyways..I hope everyone has a great day today, sorry for my rant.

Yesterday 3/11:

1. Stay within calorie goal ๐Ÿ˜‘ ehh a little more than 20 over
    2. Go for walk at lunch๐Ÿ˜
    3. Leave work by 5:15๐Ÿ˜
    4. Put away clean clothes๐Ÿ˜ž
    5. Buy groceries๐Ÿ˜
    6. Cook dinner๐Ÿ˜

JFT 3/12:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for walk at lunch
    3. Leave work by 5:15
    4. Workout after work
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Jft Monday better late than never
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Tea :)
    3. Pick out tomorrow clothes (chilly morning) :)
    4. Bed by 930p :)

JFT Tuesday AM
    1. To work pre 7am (yikes) :)
    2. Pack lunch :)
    3. Smoothie :)
    4. Fish oil >:)
    5. Weigh in :) 184.6

JFT Tuesday
    1. Finish and return address spreadsheet
    2. Log all food
    3. Lots of water
    4. 15 wall push ups/bathroom trip
    5. Eat packed lunch
    6. Cook dinner at home - tacos
    7. Be positive and kind
    8. Shower
    9. Bed by 9:30
    10. Update this list later
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 961 Member
    Options

JFT 11th March

Eat sensibly Yes, even had some vegetables :)
    Do some back exercises No
    Housework Just a little bit
    March challenge - walk An hour with a friend in the countryside. Rained again!
    Empty my stuff out of son's wardrobe Yes
    Keep calm when son visits, I need to stop telling him what I think and let him get on with it. Yes, was encouraging but calm, didn't nag or get frustrated :)
    HIS choices should not affect MY eating! Did not comfort eat. Had a little more than normal, but only because son was company to eat with

Yesterday was better than expected. I think making a conscious decision not to get stressed about son's decisions (or lack of!) has helped a lot. The housework and exercises fell by the wayside as I was asked to take baby grandson to the doctors (his mum isn't allowed to drive yet). So that led to coffee and chat and no work at all :)

JFT 12th March

Eat sensibly (ie. under maintenance)
    Vegetables!
    Back exercises
    Pay bills
    Visit parents
    Food shopping
    Walk?

Not sure about walking today, we have a storm with very strong winds, not pleasant. And have a sore throat, again!

• maryrobinson40
    Options
    @littleblackskirt ... (((HUGS))) please take care of yourself... Warm tea and honey should be soothing.

• maryrobinson40
    Options
    JFT (TUESDAY)
    OFF SCHEDULE ALREADY.
    WOKE UP/ WASHED UP GOT IN THE CAR AND GOT PHILLIP TO WORK.
    GOT HOME AND POSTED THIS MORNING.
    GOT THE GIRLS UP LATER THAN USUAL, THE GIRLS WERE TRYING TO GET IN THE CAR SO THE YOUNGER
    ONE GOT IN THE BACK AND GUESS WHAT?... THE WHOLE DOOR PANEL CAME OFF ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I got a guy to put it back on,
    SO I jogged up the hill behind the girls to the bus stop... We made it in time. So I come back home to
    Tinkle and wash my hands. Go out to the car, remembered it needed coolant, the catch rod what's supposed to
    hold the hood up isn't working, so I'm holding the hood with my left hand while pouring with my right.
    Let the hood down, get in the car because daughter is supposed to be going to work and Phillip was supposed
    to get knee shots...๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ NOPE! THE FREAKIN BELT JUMPS OFF AND THE STEERING WHEEL WON'T MOVE...
    SO I CALL Phillip to tell him of the situation... So we have a JIMMY JEEP TRUCK??? GO OVER TO IT
    IT WON'T CRANK๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I mean I'm just having the best morning...๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜จ๐Ÿ˜ฑ... LMBO ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I'M LOSING
    THE POUNDS TODAY.... ROTFL.... If I had my father's... I'd be a ton lighter because I'd ditch the car at the
    scrap yard....
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - 3+ bottles water :smile: Though quite a lot was left until this morning!
    - No alcohol :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :neutral: Until lunch, dinner a bit less
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :neutral: Forgot again!
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :smile: Yes, I talked back to myself when I considered eating leftover sandwiches in the work kitchen. I did not eat any
    - Give myself credit! :neutral: Not as much as I could have given what I achieved!

Mmmm...I really like sandwiches...especially ones I don't have to make! (Oh boy, so now this is in my head:)
    dz6yhh0cwq79.png

Good for you to stay in control of what you eat instead of those sandwiches being in control of your mind! My weight loss program recommends talking to yourself, or clapping once, stomping your foot, waving, whatever, to get moving in another direction when unwanted thoughts (food, negative, etc) try to worm their way into your mind. Several people have remarked that it helps.

• toaljasa
    Options
    Good morning all!

Yesterday I got pretty upset at work (part of it may have been hormone related). My boss came in saying he had bad news and that he wasn't going to pay our 30 minute lunches anymore so we would have to start working an extra 30 minutes every day.

I know lots of places don't pay lunch and that's fine, it's more the principle of the matter as I've been there over a year now and worked countless hours of overtime to help him out and now all of sudden I'm not worth a 30 minute lunch break?

This is getting ridiculous, what other unpleasant surprises are coming? I need to just chill out but I'm having a really hard time with that lately.

Anyways..I hope everyone has a great day today, sorry for my rant.

Yesterday 3/11:

1. Stay within calorie goal ๐Ÿ˜‘ ehh a little more than 20 over
    2. Go for walk at lunch๐Ÿ˜
    3. Leave work by 5:15๐Ÿ˜
    4. Put away clean clothes๐Ÿ˜ž
    5. Buy groceries๐Ÿ˜
    6. Cook dinner๐Ÿ˜

JFT 3/12:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for walk at lunch
    3. Leave work by 5:15
    4. Workout after work

Well, I would probably consider not staying over anymore...unless you tell him you will need to be paid time and a half for it. Not being ugly or unsupportive, but just the way it is.

But! Look at all your smileys! Job well done. Keep up the good work today---don't let emotions control what you eat, or how active you are.

Peace and joy.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Monday:
    1. weigh in :)
    2. 10,000 steps :) 10,334
    3. Track liquids, at least 8C water :) 10
    4. Go to gym--cardio/weight workout :)
    5. No social eating at work :)

Tuesday:
    1. weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Track liquids, at least 8C water
    4. Go to gym--cardio/weight workout
    5. No social eating at work
  • toaljasa
    Options
    JFT 11th March

Keep calm when son visits, I need to stop telling him what I think and let him get on with it. Yes, was encouraging but calm, didn't nag or get frustrated :)
    HIS choices should not affect MY eating! Did not comfort eat. Had a little more than normal, but only because son was company to eat with

Yesterday was better than expected. I think making a conscious decision not to get stressed about son's decisions (or lack of!) has helped a lot. The housework and exercises fell by the wayside as I was asked to take baby grandson to the doctors (his mum isn't allowed to drive yet). So that led to coffee and chat and no work at all :)

It is a battle. And anytime we are going to be in a situation that requires other people we have to make a battle plan! Whether it is with a friend who likes to go to the hog trough to eat when y'all visit, or laying out a strategic plan when visiting with a child, grown or otherwise, strong or strained relationship, it is good to know what you are going to do before you get on to the field! Otherwise emotions will attack and win.

Because you did this, you had a successful day...and I would guess that you and your son had a more enjoyable or strainfree visit which is always a win. I think it's more difficult in some ways to have grown up kids, or maybe just different challenges.

Peace and joy.