JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    JFT ~Saturday (4/13) - RECAP from "Okay... it's travel to the wedding and back home day!"
    Morning Affirmations √
    Check~in w/MFP pals √
    Plan meals /Pack food √
    Track; Even though it wasn't exact, as reception food was hard to measure and determine recipes √
    Time w/hubby √
    Pack / Shower √
    Get on the road √
    9:00am PIC √
    12:00pm- Packed Snack; and ordered a side salad from Culver's; added my 2 hard boiled eggs to it √
    3:00pm- Packed Snack; and a Michelob Ultra from the pub we waited at between ceremony & reception √
    5:00ish~ Reception Dinner ~ attempt to pre-log:
    Salad? - No green veggies at all.
    3oz red meat 2oz pulled turkey & 1 oz pulled pork
    NO Carb (save cals for cake) √
    1/2C Veggie - No green veggies at all; chose creamy coleslaw over macaroni or potato salad.
    Did have sq 1" in. piece of cake as part of dinner
    7:30pm. Pure chocolate PB Bar (OR No Bake Fake) instead, mom brought sourdough doughnuts. About half-way home, we stopped for a strong coffee and donut.
    I logged everything and think I was over about 100 calories. I'm not upset at all. Even my mom commented on my good choices and low calories consumed.

Home around 9pm. Make hot tea and GO TO BED!! √

Jan~ Drink 8+ water √ - I was surprised that I got it in, as when traveling no one wants to stop every 60mins to pee. lol
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner √
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside
    April challenge. Say something positive: √ Getting in exercise is a plus, Having time with hubby is essential, and staying focused and on track is key for my weight loss journey. So I am not going to be myself up for not having enough time to do it all. I can only do what I can do.

JFT ~Sunday (4/14)
    Sleep in!
    Morning Affirmations
    Think ahead for next week: 2 days off, One gate event, Memorial, & Easter dinner?
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Track
    Plan meals/Snacks
    Sunday Breakfast
    Sunday elevenses
    Vanilla Protein -Pumpkin Latte
    Sunday dinner
    Snack.
    Enjoy time w/hubby.
    Grocery shop.
    Play on computer.
    Catch-up with MFP friends.

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face
    Eat dinner at the table
    Drink hot tea
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner.

Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside
    April challenge. Say something positive:
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sunday April 14

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge >:)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :)
    April challenge :) I've had a good weekend with lots of walking and good meal choices.

Today I need to pay bills and do some housework - what fun!

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Happy Saturday!! This week was SO busy at work, I am beat. I hope to get some things done this weekend but I also feel like I really just need some chill time. Sometimes I feel like I go too easy on myself when I say that, and that I should just be like "suck it up, you have things to do, adulting isn't easy", but I don't want to burn myself out on life either, so I often feel conflicted.

I can totally relate to this, it's how I feel pretty much every weekend!!!

Lately I've been trying to strike a balance and get SOME things done, but also allow time for chilling and fun as well.

I find that making a plan for the weekend on a Thursday / Friday night helps - I look at my list and decide which things I NEED to do, and which things I can put off to give me more time for myself.

I think striking a balance is important. If we spend all our spare time 'doing' we end up exhausted. But also, if we spend all our time 'not doing' then the 'to do' pile keeps growing and that isn't good either! (Partly because of the stress that comes with a growing backlog!) So it's finding a balance between those two things.

And also, what also helps is deciding which things just don't need doing at all because actually, they are not a priority. I have decided that vacuuming my flat basically falls into this category. I'll do it when we have guests, or if it gets REALLY disgusting.... But otherwise, I just don't care :smiley:

You are so right about balance. I don't want to live in a home that is so spit spot that it's uncomfortable (lady used to baby sit me who was such a clean freak she wouldn't allow the top of wood furniture such as dressers, etc be touched). But nor do I want to be in/live in a home that is filthy or has piles of clutter.

I think folks who work outside the home really have to work to strike that balance. I remember my mom would spend 20 minutes in the evening moving through the house, picking up cups, emptying her ashtray, and hanging up her clothes just before bedtime so that she only had to dust the house and clean the bathroom on the weekends. She kept her makeup in a drawer in the bathroom and just quickly wiped the counter and sink when she was finished. If needed, she would start laundry as soon as she got up in the morning, and would have it in the dryer that evening. But because she would spend a little time each day, it never got the yucky grime-y level of dirt that takes a lot of elbow grease a lot of time on the weekend. She had plans! She was an avid bridge player and she and my dad had frequent social gatherings.

My dad shared in the chores. He vacuumed, grocery shopped each week, and helped clean the kitchen. He also kept his bathroom clean and they changed the sheets together. It was definitely a team effort. And again, just as you are doing, they figured out a balance that worked for them. Funny what one reminisces over, lol! Peace and joy
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Wow! I missed two days and I was more than 100 posts behind! Lol. Guess what I'm typing this post on?!

That's right! My new laptop! Lol. I love this thing so much. I should have upgraded a long time ago. I've spent the last 2 days exploring it and adjusting settings and things. It's been so much fun!

I also got my hair done today! I look NOTHING like I used to and I love that too! Lol. I have a huge break out on my face at the moment so I'll take a picture when I actually have makeup on. Lol. Woman problems!

Matt is still not well. I called the doctor on Friday and asked what to do and he said to get Matt a probiotic, which I did but it doesn't seem to be working yet. Although he has only been taking it for 2 days. So we're still hoping it'll work. He called out from work yesterday and today and probably will tomorrow as well. It just sucks because I have no idea how to help him. Le sigh...

Thursday and Friday were terrible days food wise. Although I did got for my 4-mile walk that I hadn't done all winter so that was nice. But today was a much better day food wise. I didn't do much movement but tomorrow I am bound and determined to go to the gym! I must!

The group that I joined on Twitter has a couple of women who are also in the process of losing weight so we are all going to be each other accountable. We all started Instagrams to showcase our weight loss and things. So we're all really excited to start that.

JFT, 4-14-19

1. Log all food
    2. Go to the gym
    3. Take initial Instagram photo
    4. DISHES
    5. Do what I can for Matt
    6. Finish editing ARW
    7. Fold clothes

Okay, I think I'll leave it at that for tomorrow.

Whats actually wrong with Matt? Whats making him so poorly? X

We don't know. That's part of the problem. He hasn't been able to keep any food in his body for more than half an hour for about 2 weeks now. The doctor put him on antibiotics for Diverticulitis but either they aren't working or they're making him nauseous as well. So the doctor said to take a probiotic which he is doing but that doesn't seem to be working either. He needs to get some tests done so tomorrow morning I have to go to the doctor's office to pick up the test prescriptions and get them done. He hasn't gone in to work all weekend so we are out of a lot of money right now. It's really pretty scary.

Oh god that is qjite scary, the whole not knowing thing!
    I really hope they come back with some answers ASAP!

isnt that costing you ALOT of money? Your healthcare works differently to ours!

The insurance is kinda helping but I know we'll get billed for the tests which will be expensive. It seems like he's able to keep food in him for longer now. So that's a good sign. He ate 3.5 hours ago. He's nauseous but he hasn't been sick yet. So keeping my fingers crossed that he might be getting better.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    JFT 4/14 results:
    3 veg/2 fruit 😊
    30 minutes exercise 😊
    1 hour quiet time for myself 😵
    Cook dinner at home 😊
    Plan week 😵

I’ll get up early and plan day tomorrow-my work day blew up on me so did my best!

4/15-
    Pay taxes
    4 veg/3 fruit
    45 minutes exercise
    Cook dinner at home
    Spend time with hubby
    So spread sheet for work contest
    Plan week

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,189 Member
    edited April 2019
    Holy cow ... I miss one day, and I am behind reading by over 100 posts! Such an active group... but that means more support and encouragement!

I did way too much eating all weekend ... just not really caring. Our daughter is refusing to stay with us, so we will probably just call the doctor, and let the doctor know the observations we are making. I am trying not to worry... and mainly... trying not to eat out of stress or emotional reasons. My weight was down -2.5 for fridays weigh in, so I am down almost 10.6 pounds since I started with WW, but if I am not careful, I will be back up. So the meetings really do help me ... at least to get back on track. I only have 6 weeks left of WW, and I refuse to keep paying, so I'll be back logging my food then on here, and incorporate the things I am learning.

So I have to remember to drink water before I want to mindlessly grab something to eat!
    This week is our 42nd wedding anniversary, so hubby says we will just celebrate all week (the benefit of working out of our home... and business is slow right now!). We have to pay $3000 to have THREE trees cut in our yard, and one of those trees is a tree that shades our patio. We hate to see that tree taken down, but the tree guy told us is we don't, at some point it will split and break ... causing damage to other trees, our neighbors fence, etc. So, we have no choice. So hubby bought a umbrella, and today we went and got some chair cushions ... so our patio looks awesome!

So my goals for tomorrow, again, will be simple
    1. log all my food
    2. LOOK up how many calories/points food is before I eat it. Have a plan
    3. concentrate on water .. january challenge = 8+ water
    4. feb challenge - only 1 nite time snack, and I will try and have it be a zero pt food
    5. march challenge - for for 15 minute walk after dinner
    6. april challenge - something positive

SO my positive thought for the weekend is that our daughter, while she refuses to stay overnite, at least she came out. We are her safe place. .. her stability. For that, I am thankful for, that we can be there for her, in whatever way we can.
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Goals for today, Sunday:
    Attend church :)
    Garden work:--
    plant spinach, pansies--no
    Start composter- :)
    Practice for one hour-no
    Stay in the green--yes
    Exercise for 20"--does gardening count
    Walk for 6000 steps. :)
    Call college roommate --too late
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    3efmq03o1kk3.jpg
    bwi6tqxxmvgo.jpg
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Monday weigh-in:

Ultimate Goal weight: 154
    First Goal weight: 159
    Starting weight (this year): 167
    Jan 7th: 167
    Jan14th: 166
    Jan 28th: 163.25
    Feb 4th: 164.25
    Feb 11th: 163.75
    Feb 25th: 166.75
    Mar 4th: 164.75
    Mar 11th: 167.75
    Mar 18th: 165
    Mar 25th: 164
    Apr 1st: 162.75
    Apr 15th: 164.25

Hmph, so am back where I started before the recent loss.

I can't be surprised really. I ate large amounts the week before last when I had a bad week, and whilst I was better last week I let it slip on Saturday (yesterday was good).

Oh well, moving on. This week I will make sure at the very least I maintain. It will be challenging this week as I'm going to France for Easter and this will involve lots of tasty food and wine. Need to make sure I:
    A) Stay in the green across Mon - Thu, ideally building up a deficit
    B) Treat myself across Fri - Sun but not too much. Stay within maintanance (will take my running kit to help with this)

Have a good week all!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Run to work

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - 3+ of French book, article, podcast, Duolingo
    - Leave work by 6.30pm
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: Clean slate

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I practised Mindful Moderation yesterday: By not snacking even though I was hungry, I made myself wait for dinner

Today's positive thought: It's a lovely fresh morning for my run! And it's 12 days until my holiday.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Morning all. Am starting today feeling pretty good. Yesterday was a bit rubbish emotionally but I feel like I did my best to counteract that. I went for a long run, ate a huge meal, then did plenty of walking and avoided any late binging. I even ended up in the green for the day!

Today my kids get back from their mini break with their dad and we will be straight into play dates and a sleepover here. Going to go to my Warrior class this morning and get some errands done before they get back. Need to focus on the positives; other than my relationship things are going fairly well at the moment. I mustn’t let it drag me down.

Sunday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅ longest ever run, lovely sunshine!
    - sort things one way or another 😐 he was sick so I’m not sure we really did.
    - rest✅

Monday goals:
    - Warrior class 9:30
    - Pick up groceries and pet food
    - Tan
    - Text P re getting together
    - Call conveyancer to make appt
    - Sort passport docs
    - Girls unpack - do laundry straight away
    - L play date at 3? Check arrangements
    - P play date and sleepover
    - Bed by 9:30

Have a good Monday everyone x
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 945 Member

JFT 14th April

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green No. finished at about 1900, way over!!!
    Back stretches yes
    Do the dishes! Another one with a big pile, what happened to clearing up every night? yes
    Just enjoy Sunday with family, we may take dogs to a little bit of beach

Had a nice afternoon with the family. We did go to the local beach for a walk, it was very windy and cold. I was pleased that I managed to walk with my back pain. Then I went home, having exercised and not eaten anything. Good "dieting" afternoon, yes?...
    My family live close. They invited themselves round for the evening and suggested getting in pizzas. So I had a lovely day, but the food was a disaster! I tried to be sensible, had a small 6 inch pizza, and only a few chips, but they brought chocolate cake :) So well into the red.

Positive thought - I love having my family living close by, and having them all gathered together. I also like seeing my boys interacting as brothers now they are adults. I am so lucky.

JFT 15th April

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back stretches
    Visit parents
    Housework, get the house tidy again
    Laundry
    Walk or garden a little bit

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 945 Member
    @maryrobinson40 , thinking of you today, sending you big hugs. Glad you have your family around you.

@Faebert , sorry your weekend wasn't the best with the bf. It must be difficult when you can only meet up now and again.

@HEGoddard0928 , I feel for you so much coping with Matt's illness. Being sick and feeling nauseous is just horrible, poor Matt. And so hard for you, trying to help him and having to live with it too. No-one here will mind if you want to rant about it. I so hope he improves soon.

@Bex953172 , hope you have a better week this week :)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,064 Member
    edited April 2019
    I am not in a good headspace right now and I'm doing my best not to eat the whole house. I don't even know why I'm such a crap mood. I'm just depressed and lonely. I shouldn't be lonely. Matt is in the other room in a chat with some of our friends. I should put on a headset and join them but I have no motivation right now. I still have the dishes and folding clothes on my list for today but it's already almost 9 and all I want to do is curl up under a blanket and go to sleep. But if I do I'll be up at like 4. I don't want that. I don't know what's wrong with me right now.

It sounds like youre emotionally burnt out! This is how i felt when my partner was sick for 2 days! Your whole routine with Matt is out the window, you cant do things together like you did before he was ill. And for you its been 2 weeks!
    You want to help him, but you cant. Makes you feel pretty useless right? But you are doing everything you can! Being there for him, helping with the appointments, reassuring him. You are there for him.
    Remember the 3 Cs!
    You didnt cause it
    You cant change it
    You cant cure it.

I hope you get a good nights rest!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,064 Member
    asclepsia wrote: »
    Goals for today, Sunday:
    Attend church :)
    Garden work:--
    plant spinach, pansies--no
    Start composter- :)
    Practice for one hour-no
    Stay in the green--yes
    Exercise for 20"--does gardening count
    Walk for 6000 steps. :)
    Call college roommate --too late

I count gardening, not that i do any but yeah i count it lol!
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    JFT, Monday:

- Find a gynecologist
    - Order thyroid test
    - Buy food supplies for the week (lentils, chickpeas, berries, veggies)
    - avoid snacking
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Workout at home
    4. Meditate
    5. One evening snack