JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Pantuffle2016
    Pantuffle2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yesterday went mostly according to plan. So will try again with my daily goals.
    1. Drink 2-3L water
    2. Reach my step goal of 15,000 steps
    3. Eat more slowly
    4. Eat only at meal times
    Let's see how it goes. So far so good.
    Have a successful day everyone
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    JFT ~Wednesday (4/17)
    Morning Affirmations
    Pre-log for this week's event meals: Tues-Cancelled, Sun. done, Sat. Memorial
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Track
    9:45am Breakfast & Pack/Plate meals &Snks
    10:00am Shower
    11:30am Leave
    Park & walk
    Work
    12:30pm Snack - NoBakeFake
    3:30pm Snack - "Tacoless"Salad
    5:00pm- At Mom's Ab-doer
    5:30pm Dinner at mom's
    8:00pm- Survivor & Popcorn & diet Root beer

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Read & complete notes to self
    Eat mindfully pre-plated dinner, or log prior to eating if plans change.
    Drink hot tea
    Brush teeth. Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or next morning).

Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    Mar.~ 15m walk outside- cool & brisk
    April challenge. Say something positive:
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Tues
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Waters - 3 at job 1, 2 at job 2 :)
    3. Eat packed lunch :)
    4. Cook dinner at home - pot pie :)
    5. Empty dishwasher :)
    6. Put away laundry/Pick out clothes for work >:)
    7. Take sausage and chicken out of freezer :)
    8. Bed by 9:30 :)
    9. Update this list later >:)

JFT Weds
    1. Smoothie :)
    2. Fish Oil :)
    3. Log all food
    4. Waters! Atleast 6 waters while at work
    5. Cook dinner at home - sausage, pepper and onion sandwiches w/tater tots
    6. Eat packed lunch
    7. Make waxing appointment for lunch
    8. Run dishwasher
    9. PUT AWAY CLOTHES!!!
    10. Bed by 9:30
    11. Update this list later
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    It's already 3PM here, so, only half of a day is in front of me, but here are my goals:

- eat berries for an afternoon snack
    - eat light, folate-rich dinner (chickpeas and some greens)
    - don't eat anything after dinner
    - take a walk
    - make at least one more contact list (for the job)
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    daneejela wrote: »
    JFT, Monday:

- Find a gynecologist
    - Order thyroid test
    - Buy food supplies for the week (lentils, chickpeas, berries, veggies)
    - avoid snacking

I have thyroid issues too, are you hyper or hypo? X

@Bex953172
    I was hypo a decade ago, while I was still at the university and my deficit was not too big so after a while, when I felt better, I just stopped talking medications (stupid, I know). In my defense, I was often sick as a kid, so by the time I reach my 20s, I felt I had enough of medications. Weirdly, some of my chronic problems miraculously just disappeared over time (like asthma and strong pollen allergies).

Now, after a decade of neglecting my health, I am trying to force myself to make all those testings again. I've started to feel my thyroid in my throught, so I am scared it might be growing. :/ Another reason is that we'd like to make a baby :)

Does your thyroid make you a lot of problems? Are you hyper or hypo?

@maryrobinson40
    I am so sorry for your loss...I can't even imagine how hard it must be...
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good day yesterday in the green by 400 and a strengthening class at the gym. Today my preop appointment with my internist. Knee replacement is May 8. Today's exercise will be some time on the tennis courts with my team - outdoors and with friends!

JFT 4/17/19
    Pre-track my day for approx 1600 calories
    Make soup or white bean chili from leftover Costco chicken
    Read and reflect on Changing Habits for Good
    No wine or snacks after dinner. (I've started saying Kitchen is Closed! - Love that - it works)
  • kathryn1391
    kathryn1391 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wednesday:
    1. Go to the Gym
    2. Limit social media use at home
    3. Drink 2 glasses of water through the evening.
    4. Do my skincare routine and don't skip any steps.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Update JFT Tuesday
    logged (ok, i just updated it. )
    did not swim, my meneires flared so i went home to bed
    packed my lunch this morning

JFT 4/19
    log
    hoping to swim
    crochet at church
    Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day, so if you dont' see me, don't panic

Oh yeah. i guess i'm fasting till lunch today because i forgot my breakfast at home. darnit. :(
  • missheidi
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Yes, they figured it out and we got to come home. Thank you for asking! Yes I’ve been keeping up with the challenge but this one is a little different. Every day you have to add another set. I try to complete them first thing in the morning. That way I know I will get them done. I do a set when brushing my teeth and continue while I’m doing my morning face routine etc. lol I know it sounds silly but it really helps.

Thankful everyone is home and doing well.
    I am the same...I don't do squats while brushing teeth, although I did think about it last night. But I do them while I wait for my water to boil, or toast to brown, etc! I just have to get a hundred in each day...not sure I could do more than that!!! Keep it up...you are going to have some strong legs!!!

I received this friendly reminder yesterday...thought I'd pass it on to you!
    goer7ire80l0.png

what's the squat challenge?

There are variations. I don’t use an app or anything like that. There are some good ones on Pinterest or I just do them with friends. You can do so many a day or do a challenge of increasing the amount daily, which is what I’m doing. There are so many variations. If you decide to do one, I would opt to pick something that is challenging, yet not so challenging that you can’t/won’t complete it.

my problem is i do great for a couple days and then forget.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    @clicketykeys and @littleblackskirt - thank you. Feeling happy with the muscle definition. Other than bodyweight stuff I don’t lift anything heavier than 6-8kg dumbbells and a kettlebell that’s maybe 10 or 12 in my boot camp class? Just goes to show you don’t have to lift super heavy!

And I lost around 50lbs in total since I started on Mfp. Some days feel like maintenance is harder than losing. That’s why I’m so grateful to have this group to keep me focussed. Thank you so much for your kind words xx

You look awesome!! I did my first bootcamp this morning ... a free class. But I only lasted about 30 minutes LOL!!! It is good to know that you can get that kind of definition without lifting a lot of weights! Great job!
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa; It doesn't matter if I get slim and trim. I must get strong and stay strong. I must make exercise a part of my life, even when, especially when, I am 72 and beyond so that I will have the strength I need, as well as balance. Peace and joy.
    Such good advice! My neighbor, who is also in her 70's fell in her kitchen one day while I was visiting. She couldn't get up, and required help from both her husband (who is on oxygen) and me. It was a worrisome time, and she said that she is so weak from chronic illness and spending a lot of time in bed watching TV, that she wasn't able to help herself. One more reason to keep exercising--and like you, I don't always feel like it.

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    @aubyshortcake , so glad you found your dogs in time, a scary time for you all.

@clicketykeys and @littleblackskirt - thank you. Feeling happy with the muscle definition. Other than bodyweight stuff I don’t lift anything heavier than 6-8kg dumbbells and a kettlebell that’s maybe 10 or 12 in my boot camp class? Just goes to show you don’t have to lift super heavy!

And I lost around 50lbs in total since I started on Mfp. Some days feel like maintenance is harder than losing. That’s why I’m so grateful to have this group to keep me focussed. Thank you so much for your kind words xx

@Faebert, that is so interesting. I've always felt that "proper exercises" are beyond me with my back issues. However, I recently bought some sets of small dumbbells (think the largest were 5kg) in the hopes that I could do something to improve my strength. I used to lift at work and I miss it now. I'm still using the small 2kg weights but you give me hope that I may be able to make a difference.

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @aubyshortcake , so glad you found your dogs in time, a scary time for you all.

@Faebert, that is so interesting. I've always felt that "proper exercises" are beyond me with my back issues. However, I recently bought some sets of small dumbbells (think the largest were 5kg) in the hopes that I could do something to improve my strength. I used to lift at work and I miss it now. I'm still using the small 2kg weights but you give me hope that I may be able to make a difference.

@littleblackskirt I’m lucky I don’t have back issues but I have to say until recently my workout routine was just body weight and circuit stuff using 2.5kg weights. I only use the heavier ones in my Warrior boot camp class which I started fairly recently. So I think you absolutely can make a difference at lower weights x
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @hellerhoneybee and @littleblackskirt Thank you so much. As the day went on I started getting really worried because we saw nothing and heard nothing, then around 6 pm we finally got a call. They had wandered a couple miles away to the Bay, they were in the mangroves by the water. Rukia was stuck in the mud and Kya stayed with her. A boater spotted them and got them into his boat. They are both home safe now but very weak and dehydrated. They were terrified and shaking and Rukia can barely walk. They seem a little more relaxed this morning but I think it's going to be a few days before they're back to normal, we will be keeping a close eye on them. I'm just glad they were found when they were, they were stuck there surrounded by salt water, I don't know that they would have made it through another night.
    OH I am so thankful your dogs were found and rescued and now safe at home. You are relieved I'm sure. So thankful the gentleman took time to get them.
  • missheidi
    Options
    I am practicing self care today and not swimming. This storm has got to break and relieve my ear pressure soon.
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928; This might be way off track, but is there a chance it could be a parasitic infection? Last summer, I had one---not sure just how I got it--probably from cat-sitting--but it wipes you out; constant nausea, unable to keep any food down, and diarrhea, weakness. Once it was diagnosed and treated, recovery was very quick.