Quads hurting with squats

2»

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Out of curiosity, how many reps/sets are you doing? I'm wondering if you might be going gung ho, volume-wise.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    have you tried foam rolling your quads?
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Can you post a video, no weight or a weight that doesn't cause pain? Ideally you would post a squat that makes you hurt but this doesn't sound like DOMS so don't want you getting hurt making a video.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how many reps/sets are you doing? I'm wondering if you might be going gung ho, volume-wise.

Typically 3 sets of 8 reps. And I’m lifting very light!! I did 30lbs Tuesday and am hobbling around in pain. I mean, I can lift way more than that over my head!

• jnomadica
    nowine4me wrote: »
    have you tried foam rolling your quads?

Yes, I foam roll with every workout!
  • jnomadica
    shor0814 wrote: »
    Can you post a video, no weight or a weight that doesn't cause pain? Ideally you would post a squat that makes you hurt but this doesn't sound like DOMS so don't want you getting hurt making a video.

I could, but I’ll have to wait until this pain passes!

If this isn’t DOMS, what’s the next step? Do I try to see a physical therapist?

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    jnomadica wrote: »
    If this isn’t DOMS, what’s the next step? Do I try to see a physical therapist?

I'd start with a general doctor. Mention the sensitivity to touch - that can be neurological. :+1:

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    jnomadica wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »

Typically 3 sets of 8 reps. And I’m lifting very light!! I did 30lbs Tuesday and am hobbling around in pain. I mean, I can lift way more than that over my head!

Okey dokey. Yeah, I'd see a doctor.