JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,110 Member
    Options
    @aubyshortcake thats so scary about your dogs, thank goodness someone saved them! They truly are beautiful!

Our dog escaped once and went to the flipping park! Idiot thing!
    And another time he escaped and someone fed him treats and he didnt want to come home lol! (Very food driven dog)
    But everytime its just a sickening feeling isnt it!
    I dont know how cat owners dont worry!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,812 Member
    Options
    It was 7 pages from the time I posted Monday night until now! What a busy couple of days. I know there was a lot more, but I did make notes for some. Love you all though!!!

Maryrobinson40- what an amazing tribute to your brother. I hope the service brought you some comfort. What a beautiful family, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Bookmeister86 - thanks for your encouragement. I have been tailoring my cover letter to each position I have applied for, but I would love to read the article. This was the woman I’m not as impressed with.

Littleblackskirt - I was struggling with the Aleve and Advil I am taking for my ribs upsetting my stomach I was told by a nurse friend of mine to take Pepcid AC or Zantac with it and it has helped a lot.

Clicketykeys - I would have wanted to just sit in those trees and breathe in the fresh air. What a treat to walk in nature.

Aubyshortcake - I hope your dogs are home safe and sound by now. Just read the update. So happy they are home again! Of course the running in the sound counts for something!!

Toaljasa - I like the idea of doing the squats while doing other things. I am going to try to incorporate this. Where is the challenge you spoke about?

Hegoddard0928 - Bex has a great suggestion, CBD helps with nausea in patients receiving chemo. It might be a help.

Bex953172 - Depression just sucks! I know it. I’ve suffered from it several times now. One thing that has really helped me is I read positive quotes. I share one on my FB every night. I find them on Pinterest. I also write in my Gratitude Journal. I will admit I scoffed at this when it was suggested to me, but I now find if I miss my Journal a few nights I notice a difference in my mood. Some days, when I first started, I was grateful to just be left alone or I was grateful to be able to stay in bed. Those days are fewer and farther between now. We are all here for you. I’m not surprised, you are struggling you have had so much going on with no time for any self care.

Elbee1 - I don’t think there is any expectation to respond to every post. I have time in my life to do it right now, but I’m sure when I finally get a job I will only be able to post my goals too.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday April 17 - DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I didn’t even get a chance to log in to post goals yesterday. The voters were lined up outside the door waiting for the polls to open. I was the Registration Officer anyone that did not have a voters care or if there was an error on their voters card I had to register. I thought my hand was going to fall off! I wrote steadily all day. After the polls closed I stacked chairs, folded tables and then helped one poll balance their numbers. They were struggling. I then helped carry the sealed ballot boxes out to the supervisors car. I started at 8 am and was pulling in my driveway at 10 pm. I ate McDonalds after I got home. Crappy day calorie/activity wise, but a good day all in all.

I got up at 630 this morning to go meet the lady about the job. I am so happy I decided to send her my resume.
    So the company specializes in helping other businesses get the best fit of group benefits and pension programs for their employees. My role would be answering employees questions, and ensuring they understand what they are signing and doing before and after they sign on the dotted line. I would be travelling to different locations and meeting one on one and teaching in group settings.
    The only drawback is I have absolutely no experience in financial management. Sarah, the lady I met, really likes me and has decided that she will send me documents, books, websites and tools to learn the terminology, what legislation I should know, etc so that when it comes time for a formal interview with her boss I will be better prepared. The formal interview won’t be until around the middle of May. The job starts around June 6 and I would be able to travel to and from work with Rodger most days as the hours are a bit flexible. She also has already agreed to let me have the week of Kaitlyn’s wedding off.
    The financial rewards are awesome. I have high hopes for this!

I will still look for other things in the meantime, but maybe not quite as hard.
    If it’s meant to be it will be!

I was feeling so happy and positive after I left there I decided to stop and kidnap Michaela to come spend the day with us. It is Wednesday so they would be here this evening anyway but I never get her alone so I took her. We are having a fun day!

Ooh @snowflake1968 that’s exciting news! I really hope this is the one!! X
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    It was 7 pages from the time I posted Monday night until now! What a busy couple of days. I know there was a lot more, but I did make notes for some. Love you all though!!!

Bookmeister86 - thanks for your encouragement. I have been tailoring my cover letter to each position I have applied for, but I would love to read the article. This was the woman I’m not as impressed with.

Really pleased to hear about the job, it sounds like a great opportunity!

Hopefully you won't need it, but here is the article. https://jobs.theguardian.com/article/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/

I found it quite interesting, I always thought I was tailoring my letters well but this had quite a few tips that I hadn't thought of and it made me realise I could be doing more. I'll definitely use it when I start applying again.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @aubyshortcake so pleased to hear the good news about your dogs. @bex95371, I am a cat owner and could not cope with the worry of the road, my cat has a secure garden or stays inside (he's a wimp and does not like the cold or wet anyway -a warm spot inside is much more to his liking)

@snowflake1968, fingers crossed for the job.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Wednesday 17 April

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :)
    April challenge. Much nicer weather today, I dried the bedding outside and it has a lovely smell. I was tempted to celebrate the improved weather with an evening glass of wine in the garden but was good and went for a walk instead.

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    @elbee I too am lucky to skim over posts. There's so many whenever I log on, but I love to read them and hear what's going on.
    @snowflake You are working (literally) so hard job searching. How about network groups, like BBB meetings? toastmasters? kindof like advertising yourself? you sound such a hardworking jewel!!
    @maryrobinson Congrats on the beautiful family, it looks so big and like they're fairly close geographically? You are fortunate indeed.

Today is a reset again. But can say I went swimming this am, started planting veggies, wrote & sent another protest dispute letter, and made it here. I'm trying today. There's a TED talk about what they call Instant Gratification Monkey & procrastination, at the end it makes sense for healthy habits and changes.

https://www.ted.com/talks/tim_urban_inside_the_mind_of_a_master_procrastinator?referrer=playlist-talks_for_procrastinators#t-831478
  • Tiggeroo2321
    Tiggeroo2321 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Today was a day for running (not actual, but errands) so no walk, but I was still under my calorie goal! Whew, I never paid attention to how much soda packs a punch when it comes to calories and staying under!!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Thursday 18 April

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @Bex953172 - this made me think of you. d10tvpao50ad.jpeg

Hahaha i need this!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Goals for Thurs
    - Have a shower in the morning
    - Clean all the pots in the kitchen!
    - Get out for half an hour.
    - do a wash! Im in my last pair of underwear!!
    - Log everything
    - drink min. 5 cups of water
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all, it’s a lovely start to the day here again and forecast to hit around 21c in London today. Just done Warrior class and chilling with a coffee before I meet a friend for a swim then brunch. Planning on taking the kids to the shopping mall once I pick them up and there is a fairground there so we may do that after. So goals...

Wednesday goals:
    - morning run ✅
    - girls pack for sleepover ✅
    - head to parents place again ✅
    - do passport docs ✅
    - laundry ✅
    - bed by 9:30 ✅

Thursday goals:
    - Warrior class ✅
    - Put away laundry ✅
    - Groceries ✅
    - eyebrows and tan?
    - Meet N at gym 9:30 for swim
    - Brunch - be mindful and aim for high protein
    - Pick up kids, head to shopping mall (school tights, socks, Easter eggs)
    - Fairground? If so, try not to spend all my money on rides (it’s so expensive 😬)
    - girls pack for one night at their dad’s
    - Bed by 9:30

Have a great day everyone! X
  • kathryn1391
    kathryn1391 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wednesday:
    1. Go to the Gym
    2. Limit social media use at home
    3. Drink 2 glasses of water through the evening.
    4. Do my skincare routine and don't skip any steps.

so i didn't do all that well with the social media thing, but its baby steps. I'm at least more aware of when im on it too much!

Thursday:
    1. Go for a longer walk on my lunch break (30 min)
    2. Stick 2 only 2 coffees today
    3. Don't drink a whole bottle of wine just because its the last day before a long weekend!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 975 Member
    Options

JFT 17th April

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes :)
    Back exercises yes
    Shopping yes
    Visit parents yes
    Either walk or garden both!
    Do some extra tidying in the house a little bit

Positive thought - It felt warm outside yesterday, so lovely after a long winter. Had a pleasant walk with family in the evening.

JFT 18th April

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Walk with friend
    Laundry
    Don't try to do too much, remember back!

I so enjoyed being outside yesterday that I have done a little too much, so in more pain this morning. I managed the walk okay, but then I looked after baby for a while. He was a joy, but is getting heavier and I feel it when I'm carrying him around. I need to find a happy medium, and maybe learn to say no sometimes.

Another lovely sunny day (can't tell you how much that cheers me up!). I shall potter and enjoy it.

@Snowflake1968 , that all sounds very positive. Fingers crossed this is the job for you, especially if the wages are good!

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    JFT ~Wednesday (4/17) - RECAP
    Morning Affirmations
    Pre-log for this week's event meals
    Sat. Memorial- plan for meals.
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Track
    9:45am Breakfast & Pack/Plate meals &Snks
    11:00am Shower
    11:30am Leave
    Park & walk
    Work
    12:30pm Snack - NoBakeFake
    3:30pm Snack - "Tacoless"Salad
    5:00pm- At Mom's Ab-doer
    5:30pm Dinner at mom's
    8:00pm- Survivor & Popcorn & diet Root beer - figured out calories first, then had 1/2 sandwich.

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Read & complete notes to self
    Eat mindfully pre-plated dinner; or log prior if plans change.
    Drink hot tea
    Brush teeth. Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or next morning).

Jan~ Drink 8+ water +3=11
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    Mar.~ 15m walk outside- cool & brisk
    April challenge. Say something positive: GUM. Yes, chewing gum is my night time lifesaver. LOL