200 squat challenge

Options
bmfrazie
bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
I successfully fininished this challenge once before but loved it so much that after taking 2 months off I want to start it up again. Anyone want to join me. Last go round I was SHOCKED how many inches this helped me shed from my thighs. It is a great workout for toning.

http://www.twohundredsquats.com/

Replies

• ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    This does look like a good challenge and something easy I could even do on my lunch break! Im in!
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    Sorry a little more info about the challenge. it is a 6 week program that is based off of your current ability. You take a initial test that will tell you where to start. You then will have three squat work outs a week that are normall broken down into 3-4 sets of squats. It takes less than 10 minutes to do these workouts until you get closer to the end.

I just did my initial test and I did 40 squats nonstop so that jumps me up to Week 3 Level 2. Tomorrow I will do W3L2D1.
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    Im in :) x

What we doing mond, wed, fri? x
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    Im in :) x

What we doing mond, wed, fri? x

You can do it whatever 3 days a week that work best with your schedule. The first step is to do your initial test though.
    My workout this week will be Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    bump this sounds like "fun" :)
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Don't laugh LOL my initial test was 15 with sore legs from yesterday and I had just done 3 sets of 10 squats today. I think this could be a great benefit esp. for running or anything else for that matter!
    Great challenge! Excited =)
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    I'm in on this challenge too. I was surprised... I managed 100 good ones, and I am sure I will be sore tomorrow so this week I will do Thurs, Fri, Sat. :)

I am sure that spinning and running have helped my legs. I am going to have to get a calendar to keep up with all of these challenges.
  • jenny138
    jenny138 Posts: 46
    Options
    Im In :-)
    I also will start on week 3. I did 50 and stopped at that cuz I saw it didn't go any higher than 49.
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    W3L2D1: 16, 22, 20, 17, 24 = 99 (60 sec rest)
  • RunningAddict
    Options
    For this challenge we pick our squat days correct? Do we post here when we do those days? Or just keep a record and post at the end of the week?
  • spim
    spim Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Gonna try this tomorrow and possibly the pushup and/or dips challenge too.
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    For this challenge we pick our squat days correct? Do we post here when we do those days? Or just keep a record and post at the end of the week?
    Yes. You pick your own three days a week. I think we will stay more accountable if we post when you do them.
  • spim
    spim Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just did the initial tests, managed 20 squats, 10 pushups and 9 situps, gonna be doing monday, wednesday and friday next week and see how it goes!
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO MUCH for this! I've started the sit ups and squats challenges. I managed 25 squats with only a light burn so feeling great about that! Gonna do W1D1 of both right now (actually just finished sit ups one). XD
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    W3L3D1: 19, 24, 19, 19, 27 - done
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    W3L3D1: 19, 24, 19, 19, 27 - done

Great job! I forgot to do my squats today so I will do them first thing in the am. Anyone else do their squats?
  • RunningAddict
    Options
    Week1 Level2-Day1,Day2, and Day3 Complete!
    I'm loving this! Granted these make my legs super sore they are feeling stronger in just this short period.
    WoooHoooo for week 1! =)
  • bmfrazie
    Options
    W3D2L2: 19, 25, 19, 19, 38= 120
  • RunningAddict
    Options
    Week1 Level2-Day1,Day2, and Day3 Complete!
    I'm loving this! Granted these make my legs super sore they are feeling stronger in just this short period.
    WoooHoooo for week 1! =)

I see how we should be listing this now for daily. Will list it correctly for the upcoming week.
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    W3L3D2: 27, 34, 21, 21, 34 - done