Maintenance Harder than Losing?

Options
2»

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    I have not yet encountered the surprises or challenges of maintenance that I've read about here because my daily approach hasn't changed besides eating more. Weigh each morning, log all food eaten using the MFP app, wash, rinse and repeat. Maybe my turn hasn't come up yet but this daily, business-as-usual-approach, is like a powerful radar that will detect when the enemy weight-gain is approaching. And, when "he" does, I'll take him out with a rapid-fire machine gun. Let my lean and mean fighting machine weight get away from me once before and it ain't going to happen again. As George Zimmer used to say, "I guarantee it."
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    For many, it's more than mental. It's ghrelin. I'm in maintenance for the 2nd time. The first time I crashed and burned. The body can fight against you for up to 2 years after a major weight loss, 85, 125 and so on. It's ghrelin. It takes due diligence to maintain your hard-won weight loss. I haven't made it past the 2 year mark but when I do I hope that ghrelin settles down.
    http://www.yourhormones.info/hormones/ghrelin/