Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Changed my mind.......

Teletubbies on Ice

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »
    Elton John and Billy Idol in Sydney! Amazing. Billy was so hot... omg.

I took my daughter to see Billy Idol a couple years ago. She kept telling me how hot he was.
  • powerplaymsu
    powerplaymsu Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I would probably have to say Godsmack. Great musical talent, stage presence, knew how to work the crowd, not overly produced/overly theatrical. Probably second would go to Papa Roach.

Least favorite goes to Avenged Sevenfold. Struggled to sing in tune and too many theatrics (I felt they used pyrotechnics to overcompensate lack of musical skill). Big disappointment, however not surprising if you listening to their first album. Shows how much the subsequent albums are highly produced.

God smack was great. You nailed it. Not overly produced or overly theatrical!
  • powerplaymsu
    Options
    I'm surprised no one has said Foo Fighters. They put on a great show and they play forever. Usually three plus hours.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Godspeed You Black Emperor was an experience
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Rob Zombie
    Alice Cooper
    Billy Joel

ALL of the concerts I have been to were phenomenal, but these three are definitely my top 3 choices. Rob and Alice are so theatrical, and just put on one hell of a good show. Billy, though...*sigh* that man is beyond amazing live. He sounds as great live as he does on his album.
  • Mm2Hh7
    Mm2Hh7 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised no one has said Foo Fighters. They put on a great show and they play forever. Usually three plus hours.

FF are on my concert bucket list, along with RHCP. I can’t puck just one. My faves were:
    The Tragically Hip (their last tour 😢)
    Pearl Jam front row
    Paul Simon
    Coldplay
    U2
  • mike_rom
    mike_rom Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Mm2Hh7 wrote: »

FF are on my concert bucket list, along with RHCP. I can’t puck just one. My faves were:
    Pearl Jam front row
    Paul Simon
    Coldplay
    U2

K, I am pretty jealous of the shows you have gone to!!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

You know what, I saw a Foo Fightersconcert a couple of years & it was okay.

Great? Nope.... just okay. (and yeah, I'm a pretty big fan... owning all of their albums etc. )

Maybe I'm just not into the big stadium, outdoor venue concerts anymore, dunno. *shrug
  • Mm2Hh7
    Options
    mike_rom wrote: »

Pearl Jam front row
    Paul Simon
    Coldplay
    U2

Haha love concerts!!!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Woodstock 99 and Edenfest were more events than concerts, but they were quite fun. As a standalone concert, Metallica sticks out among the many I have attended.
  • Mm2Hh7
    Options
    Ooh I forgot Chris Cornell solo🖤
  • mike_rom
    mike_rom Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    mike_rom wrote: »

Pearl Jam front row
    Paul Simon
    Coldplay
    U2

Haha love concerts!!!

Me too! But you have definitely been to some fun ones. I have been to U2, which was a KILLER concert. FF would be a blast. I feel like I don't have as much time to go to them anymore, which is sad
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I found this recently in a box of old stuff - most of this was a Gen X post-grunge late 90's dream line-up!

l4hw2pgtxic4.jpg
  • powerplaymsu
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Ooh I forgot Chris Cornell solo🖤

Saw him with an acoustic guitar and a small supporting band. He did like 32-3 songs because the opening band was canceled. AMAZING VOICE.

edit:29 - I just looked it up on setlist.fm
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options

Pearl Jam front row
    Paul Simon
    Coldplay
    U2

Jealous-they are on my bucket list - only arena show i think is go to - I like smaller venues in my old age lol
  • Mm2Hh7
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »

Pearl Jam front row
    Paul Simon
    Coldplay
    U2

Jealous-they are on my bucket list - only arena show i think is go to - I like smaller venues in my old age lol

I’ve seen them close to ten times (I’ve lost count) and Eddie solo twice. They are amazing live!! I prefer smaller venues too.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Pink Floyd
    7th row, center,
    Arrowhead Stadium,
    B)
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Bon Jovi was probably my favorite.