April starting weight - 150
    April goal - 140
    Ultimate goal - 120

1st - 149.6
    8th - 149.1
    15th -146.8
    22nd -146
    29th -

Two more weeks, I wanted to get to 140 but I will settle for as close as possible.
  • ggilson13
    ggilson13 Posts: 118 Member
    Original starting weight : 210 lbs
    April starting weight : 204.2 lbs
    April goal : 199 lbs
    Ultimate goal : 130 lbs

:star:1st - 204.2
    5th - 201.1 - Great start for the week but heading into the weekend… will try to keep myself in check but I tend to lack willpower on the weekends, need to work on that.
    :star:8th - 203.3 - Well blarg, about what I thought would happen :sob: Hate that I went up in weight since Friday.. Will definitely have to work on controlling my weekends :triumph:
    9th - 203.2 - Hrm.. Better than nothing I guess :smile:
    10th - 203.1 - Creeping along
    11th - 202.1 - That's better! Actually got a decent night's sleep last night which seemed to help :grinning:
    12th - 201.8 - Not quite where I was at the end of last week, but still down from Monday! Now, to not screw it up this weekend!!
    13th - 201.0 - Starting off the weekend good! Although, I wasn't the best last night and let stress get to me so may have had some rum, coke, and chocolate, so I wouldn't be surprised if that shows up in tomorrow's weigh in.
    14th - 202.0 - Not going to complain! Now to be good and not succumb to the kids' snacks!
    :star:15th - 201.7 - Kept it semi in-control over the weekend! *dance*
    16th - 200.8 - Nice trend so far :) Trying to stay on track as much as I can this week.. Saturday we will be going to the Renaissance Faire and I never end up eating as nice as I should; I just love scotch eggs and that's the only place I can find them!
    17th - 199.0 - Trying to not get too excited, ate a couple things yesterday that I shouldn't have (darn coworkers bringing in cupcakes!) but think I stayed close to my calories, so we'll see if there's a bump tomorrow or Friday
    18th - 199.0 - I'll take it! I've been eating way too much chocolate lately; still staying under my calories, but it still may affect my weight, we'll see
    19th - 199.2 - Not surprising as I haven't been eating at a deficit lately. Hopefully tomorrow I don't end up going over too much at the Ren Faire, but we will also be walking a lot so maybe that will help :)
    20th - 199.6 - RENAISSANCE FAIRE!! *dance* Not as bad as I thought after pizza and other junk I ate last night, so maybe the walking today will help and I will try to behave myself some today, but no guarantees! :)
    21st - 200.6 - Definitely was bad yesterday… lots of water today and try not to let this derail me :triumph:
    :star:22nd - 199.9 - Down from last Monday, so I'm happy :)
    23rd - 200.0 - Made good choices yesterday, but didn't get all my water in. Suspecting this is my body still recovering from all the junk over the weekend; just have to keep making good choices and hopefully see a drop :)
    :star:29th -

April ending weight : :grey_question:
    Total loss for April : -4.2 lbs
    Average weight for April : 201.2
  • I am now at 174.4 lbs.
  • ggilson13
    ggilson13 Posts: 118 Member
    Original starting weight : 210 lbs
    April starting weight : 204.2 lbs
    April goal : 199 lbs
    Ultimate goal : 130 lbs

:star:1st - 204.2
    5th - 201.1 - Great start for the week but heading into the weekend… will try to keep myself in check but I tend to lack willpower on the weekends, need to work on that.
    :star:8th - 203.3 - Well blarg, about what I thought would happen :sob: Hate that I went up in weight since Friday.. Will definitely have to work on controlling my weekends :triumph:
    9th - 203.2 - Hrm.. Better than nothing I guess :smile:
    10th - 203.1 - Creeping along
    11th - 202.1 - That's better! Actually got a decent night's sleep last night which seemed to help :grinning:
    12th - 201.8 - Not quite where I was at the end of last week, but still down from Monday! Now, to not screw it up this weekend!!
    13th - 201.0 - Starting off the weekend good! Although, I wasn't the best last night and let stress get to me so may have had some rum, coke, and chocolate, so I wouldn't be surprised if that shows up in tomorrow's weigh in.
    14th - 202.0 - Not going to complain! Now to be good and not succumb to the kids' snacks!
    :star:15th - 201.7 - Kept it semi in-control over the weekend! *dance*
    16th - 200.8 - Nice trend so far :) Trying to stay on track as much as I can this week.. Saturday we will be going to the Renaissance Faire and I never end up eating as nice as I should; I just love scotch eggs and that's the only place I can find them!
    17th - 199.0 - Trying to not get too excited, ate a couple things yesterday that I shouldn't have (darn coworkers bringing in cupcakes!) but think I stayed close to my calories, so we'll see if there's a bump tomorrow or Friday
    18th - 199.0 - I'll take it! I've been eating way too much chocolate lately; still staying under my calories, but it still may affect my weight, we'll see
    19th - 199.2 - Not surprising as I haven't been eating at a deficit lately. Hopefully tomorrow I don't end up going over too much at the Ren Faire, but we will also be walking a lot so maybe that will help :)
    20th - 199.6 - RENAISSANCE FAIRE!! *dance* Not as bad as I thought after pizza and other junk I ate last night, so maybe the walking today will help and I will try to behave myself some today, but no guarantees! :)
    21st - 200.6 - Definitely was bad yesterday… lots of water today and try not to let this derail me :triumph:
    :star:22nd - 199.9 - Down from last Monday, so I'm happy :)
    23rd - 200.0 - Made good choices yesterday, but didn't get all my water in. Suspecting this is my body still recovering from all the junk over the weekend; just have to keep making good choices and hopefully see a drop :)
    24th - 199.8 - Still waiting for that drop! Had a little extra sodium yesterday, so more water today :)
    :star:29th -

April ending weight : :grey_question:
    Total loss for April : -4.4 lbs
    Average weight for April : 201.1
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,551 Member
    edited April 2019
    @InDogWeTrust

Yes, I hear what you are saying. I basically stayed at the same weight for 3 months even while at my most active (calorie burning) months of each and every year - I typically lost 15-20 pounds in 3 months during this time every year before this past one. I burned off enough to have lost 20 pounds, but lost only 2. I kept my calories in and around 1200 and maintained a huge daily deficit.
    As soon as I dropped my calories for a few days to 1100 the weight unlocked.
    1300-1500 is a healthier number to get all of the nutrients in, but there are other factors like which food choices to make for health. Keto works for some, intermittent fasting works for some - long term sustainable healthy changes theoretically should work for everyone
    Our bodies burn more calories digesting food than anything else - but for those of us whose jobs don't work like that getting 6 small meals in a day isn't doable or preferable.

We all watched our parents eat less as they aged - we don't need as much as our metabolisms slow to a crawl. Our sports become less extreme.
    Senior's menus and half-portions exist in restaurants because people don't eat as much food (maybe don't need as much food) as we age.
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    @SarahGrace6288
    Congratulations!!! April has been the same battle for me, stuck just over 165 and can’t seem to break through. Pants are loser, feeling good and looking good but I want that number on the scale.
    I’m inspired by you to just keep going, it will happen!
    Super happy for you, the battle is real.