Proper Introduction + Looking for pals

Options
Hello all! I posted my psudeo-introduction in the Fitness and Exercise forum about a week ago because I was very exercise focused when I joined and not thinking to much about balance. Check it out if you want to know a little more about my situation but beware I wasn't in a very positive mindset so it's a little whiny but it will give you a good idea of where I'm at: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10738984/starting-from-less-than-nothing#latest

Anyway I'm Leeanna but I go by Talia online I'm 29 years old and will be 30 this October, and like I said in my previous post I've spent the last decade not giving two and a half turds about my health, eating copious amounts of junk food and sugar and sitting on my butt 24/7. Now I've come to a rude awakening that I have something called mixed hyperlipidemia and there is a good chance I have a lot of visceral fat which puts me at risk for a lot of health issues. I'm also concerned with my risk of non-alcholic fatty liver disease and prediabetes.

To be frank I'm scared I'll be diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and/or die of a major heart attack by the time I'm 35 if I keep this up. There's a lot more to this than what I've disclosed but it entails someone else and I won't disclose their information on a public forum. Yet even with these looming threats I still have a hard time motivating myself, I have to fight my own mentality every step of the way and it's difficult. Part of me feels like it's too late, I've made to many bad decisions and I'm doomed but I realize people have pulled themselves out of much worse situations than mine and if I don't want this future I have to work hard and quick and pull myself up by my bootstraps.

I know I can do this but I need some friends in this and I need to make some major changes, most of all I need to start thinking positively. So here I am for the billionth time saying Hello to everyone here, lets make this one count!

Replies

• alekssita
    alekssita Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there
  • MaggieMG1
    MaggieMG1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can do this! 😆💪🏻
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,468 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me ....I would love to support/encourage/cheer/give tough love etc while you are on this journey....you got this... :)
  • stephsjourney2019
    stephsjourney2019 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's never too late but it is definitely a mental game over physical. Best advice I can give you- see a counselor for real. There is nothing wrong with it and they will help you overcome those negative thoughts. Love your body enough to make the change- if you are doing it because you hate yourself... it won't work. Love yourself. Love to want to make a difference and be an inspiration to all of those around you. You would be surprised at how much you can impact those around you without even knowing. You got this!
  • SashieKundo
    SashieKundo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement and nice replies!
  • SashieKundo
    SashieKundo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's never too late but it is definitely a mental game over physical. Best advice I can give you- see a counselor for real. There is nothing wrong with it and they will help you overcome those negative thoughts. Love your body enough to make the change- if you are doing it because you hate yourself... it won't work. Love yourself. Love to want to make a difference and be an inspiration to all of those around you. You would be surprised at how much you can impact those around you without even knowing. You got this!

That is some great advice, thank you much! Honestly I've known I should and wanted to go to a counselor or something for a long time but I haven't just out of the sheet cost of it. It's been a while since I've looked into it though so I will have to look into it again. Untill then I'll try to have a more positive outlook on myself :)
  • RellLove511
    RellLove511 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Rooting for you!! You got this!!! <3
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,256 Member
    Options
    Hello Talia, 29 is not too late to start a healthier lifestyle. For that, no age is ever too late.

Just be patient and remeber it takes time to undue a lifetime of bad habits or an unhealthy lifestyle. Or however you wish to phrase it. Take it in baby steps and go slow. Make sure to consult a Dr. before you start and verify there aren't restrictions that you need on your diet and physical activities. Also I would recommend consulting a trainer to at least get you set in the right direction with activities that are the right fit for you.
    Good luck and best wishes, you got this!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome! Best wishes on your journey, I know you can do this!! :)