Help, cant stop over thinking my plan

Options
2»

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I feel your pain. Keep in mind for one thing you are lighter than when you started last time so that will have an affect on your calorie needs. Also you are less active by the sounds of it in your work. Remember if you are having "cheat" days they can completely wipe out your progress from the week. Eating more does not result in faster weight loss so 2000 vs 1800 is not the problem. "Clean Eating" while perhaps more healthy does not make you lose weight either so that has little to do with it. Make sure you are measuring all your food with a food scale and log absolutely everything you are eating. There's no reason not to eat back your exercise calories. I would give it some time and keep going. It sometimes takes a while for your body to settle into a routine and you could be seeing some water retention. At least you are losing even if slowly and that's better than gaining.
  • LargeEricS
    LargeEricS Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'll definetly keep posting on what i believe im finding. You guys all make excellent points too. Im starting to think a little slop here and there are adding up to something big this time around because i believe im doing it "better" than last time. Insanity is a much harder workout then 25 min on an elliptical. I will preference by saying i do core and pushups 3x/week that i did not previously mention. However having done insanity, its grueling and hard but i dont believe necessary. Just as walking achieves similar calorie burn results as running, that intensity isnt necassary to lose weight. And while it burned more calories, ive made up for better cleaner eating. Also, I disagree with people who say cleaner and healthier dont always result in results. Just because a big mac fits inside your calories doesnt mean a grilled chicken breast is not much better for you.
  • jakea1963
    jakea1963 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree with you on the Big Mac vs Grilled Chicken. I have more than enough room in my calories for some arsenic. But that doesn’t make it a good idea. I am being a bit absurd but my point is. It might fit macros but you will do better with better food.
  • LargeEricS
    edited April 2019
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    LargeEricS wrote: »
    I'll definetly keep posting on what i believe im finding. You guys all make excellent points too. Im starting to think a little slop here and there are adding up to something big this time around because i believe im doing it "better" than last time. Insanity is a much harder workout then 25 min on an elliptical. I will preference by saying i do core and pushups 3x/week that i did not previously mention. However having done insanity, its grueling and hard but i dont believe necessary. Just as walking achieves similar calorie burn results as running, that intensity isnt necassary to lose weight. And while it burned more calories, ive made up for better cleaner eating. Also, I disagree with people who say cleaner and healthier dont always result in results. Just because a big mac fits inside your calories doesnt mean a grilled chicken breast is not much better for you.

In what way?

In the way that a big mac is largely fat, little protein, and some carbs. It wont make you feel as full and chances of over eating increases. Consuming that much fat in a single food isnt beneficial to any human body to my knowledge.
  • LargeEricS
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie whether it comes from fast food or from high quality food. As far as weight loss goes BUT I agree that doesn't make it equal in terms of health. I think the point most of us are trying to make is it won't affect weight loss but let's be honest; you are less likely to overeat on healthy food than on junk since it is less calorie dense. I have drastically changed my eating habits since losing weight because I want more food and one of the reasons for losing in the first place was improved health but I still have to watch calories. I've seen countless people post in these forums that they are eating "healthy" but not losing because they assume calories don't count.

Very well said.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I would join the argument to say that whether or not Big Macs are filling is a YMMV. I'm stuffed after I eat one, though I usually don't as I find them...yucky. I do call McD's "McNasty's." My kids highly disagree. :lol: My digestive system tends to side with me on the yuck factor though. :confounded:
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I would join the argument to say that whether or not Big Macs are filling is a YMMV. I'm stuffed after I eat one, though I usually don't as I find them...yucky. I do call McD's "McNasty's." My kids highly disagree. :lol: My digestive system tends to side with me on the yuck factor though. :confounded:

I live in Italy and there is not a lot of McD's round these parts and those that are here tend to have tourists in them. Food quality is big here and doing anything other than cook from scratch is considered exceptional and not in a good way :D. Its been quite the unexpected shock moving from the UK food-wise, thats for sure.

I do think quality of food has an impact on the body, particulalry in terms of any of us who are impacted by inflammation in its various guises. So although it may be comparable in its macros and or calories, how our bodies deal with it and react to it, can be different which in turn can effect our ability to lose/gain weight/muscle.