Odd pimples are popping up EVERYWHERE

Options
13»

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    This is totally out of the content of this thread (I apologize for that), and I know that I will be slammed for posting, but at my age I don't give a....

It is very sad when in a country like the US, considered the beacon of everything, a person with health problems can't go to a clinic or to see a doctor due to the cost of the visit, if they don't have or can't afford health insurance. Actually is more than sad, is pathetic because we are compromising the health of the whole population.

End of rant....

OP, I am glad that you are better; however, I strongly recommend that you take pictures of the lesions/pimples and go to a doctor to find out what was the problem, if you still should be treated and how to avoid it in the future.

I'd there is a health dept near OP, most are income based.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »
    Well don't shame people for not being able to go spend tons of money at the doctors at a moments notice

No but if you did have MRSA it'd be awesome if you didn't spread it to someone and end up killing them.

Actually.... MOST people already have MRSA. It's not until something throws off the micro flora of the body that it takes over..... Chill Goose...

Oh so you're saying most people are MRSA carriers? That's cute. Incorrect though.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    According to WebMD 1/3 of all people carry garden variety staph without being "infected" by it. They claim 2% of the population carries MRSA. The CDC uses the figure of 5%. Personally, I consider a rate of 2-5 out of 100 pretty "common" in that you are more than likely to encounter several people in the course of a week that are carriers.

https://www.cdc.gov/mrsa/community/index.html
  • psychod787
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    According to WebMD 1/3 of all people carry garden variety staph without being "infected" by it. They claim 2% of the population carries MRSA. The CDC uses the figure of 5%. Personally, I consider a rate of 2-5 out of 100 pretty "common" in that you are more than likely to encounter several people in the course of a week that are carriers.

Yup! If people actually knew what they were "exposed" to on a daily basis, no one would go outside!
  • psychod787
    Options
    Wanted to add, its probably not MRSA. I go back to the statement, post a picture. I am usually pretty good at picking up on Staph and MRSA before the Doc ever sees it.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of surprised that MRSA was the first thought in people's minds... Adipose, though connective tissue, does have some endocrine function and is linked to androgen metabolism--and androgens can trigger acne--I don't think it's that big of a leap to think that weight loss could be responsible for acne...
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    I'm kind of surprised that MRSA was the first thought in people's minds... Adipose, though connective tissue, does have some endocrine function and is linked to androgen metabolism--and androgens can trigger acne--I don't think it's that big of a leap to think that weight loss could be responsible for acne...

It was the 'odd pimples EVERYWHERE' thing that made me think of MRSA. When my kids started getting pimple-like bumps in areas not generally affected by acne, that's exactly what it was. Personal experience in my case also weighs heavily, of course. If we hadn't been through it, this thread would have probably never piqued my interest.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options

2% or even 5% is not most. I mean at rate one could easily say most of people are gay but I think we all know that isn't true.

Most of the population under 50 years old has HSV-1. Most in that case is 67% according to the WHO.
  • psychod787
    Options

2% or even 5% is not most. I mean at rate one could easily say most of people are gay but I think we all know that isn't true.

Most of the population under 50 years old has HSV-1. Most in that case is 67% according to the WHO.

Ok.. this is going mo where. I will change my wording... eeehhhh hum.... most people not living in a bubble have been EXPOSED to MRSA. It takes a certain amount of perfect variables to get an active infection.
  • psychod787
    edited April 2019
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »

Ok.. this is going mo where. I will change my wording... eeehhhh hum.... most people not living in a bubble have been EXPOSED to MRSA. It takes a certain amount of perfect variables to get an active infection.

Needless to say, language matters.

Quidquid dicis.....😊
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »

The OP says that they're on the feet. I don't think I've ever heard of acne on feet.