Lose 5lbs + in April 2019

Replies

• SarahGrace6288
    SarahGrace6288 Posts: 26 Member
    lalabank wrote: »
    @SarahGrace6288
    Congratulations!!! April has been the same battle for me, stuck just over 165 and can’t seem to break through. Pants are loser, feeling good and looking good but I want that number on the scale.
    I’m inspired by you to just keep going, it will happen!
    Super happy for you, the battle is real.

@lalabank Thank you so much!! Sounds like you are doing great and so close to seeing that drop! I know it's super discouraging to be stuck for a month or more, but when happens, it is SO worth it! I had to change my workouts from more of a dance cardio to HIIT cardio with weights, jumping jacks, etc. Crushed it for 7 days and it paid off! Keep going!!
  • LisaW57
    LisaW57 Posts: 339 Member
    edited April 2019
    61 years old; 5'2"
    Original starting weight - 158.5 (12/30/2018)
    April starting weight - 152.4
    April goal -147.4

Ultimate goal - 135.0

1st - 152.4 (153.9 trend weight)
    5th - 152.4 (153.5 trend weight)
    12th - 152.5 (153.4 trend weight)
    19th - 152.7 (153.0 trend weight)
    26th - 150.9 (152.7 trend weight) YES! YES! YES!
    30th -

This is HUGE for me. Yes, I got a nearly 2 pound drop. But what doesn't show here is that even through I SLAYED the exercise and kept to my calorie limits last Friday through Sunday, I had a baffling spike to 154.4 on Monday morning. It even nudged my trend weight up :* I powered through it, changed nothing, did not let it mess with my head (too much), and watched it kick in for real on Wednesday - and keep going. I have no explanation for the spike. I did read that physical stress can cause the body to retain fluid. I guess that's possible, I certainly stressed every muscle and joint cleaning my perennial beds and slinging 500+ pounds of mulch.

Reasons aside, I kept forcing myself to stay calm and be patient. Not virtues I am known for. There is a science to what we are all trying to do here - and I believe in science. My game plan is based on that. I had to trust that the science would play out - and it did.

If you peek at my trend graph, you can see that I appear to be in a maintenance trend, but it is edging ever so slightly downward again. So it should start to move again if I keep doing what I'm doing. Yeah, that patience and calm thing.

While it's possible, it's not likely that I will hit that April goal. But, barring fluctuations, I may see the 140's - and that would be sweet. I haven't been there since January of 2013. bAnyway, I weigh on Fridays, but I'll be back on Tuesday for a final monthly number.

Game Plan:
    • Continue weekly meal planning ✔ This is critical for me. Without a plan, I will rely on fast and easy carryout or delivery
    • Log daily in MFP - focus on daily calorie deficit ✔ I have upped the exercise and am focused on maintaining a deficit. I use the calorie allowance only as a baseline.
    • Increase Fitbit steps from 2500 (March avg) to 5000 by end of April ✔ I've been the steps, I'm at 4,000 and hit it this week - with a 7 day average of 4955. I'm fighting for every step - but am determined. I will up it again on Sunday
    • Hit active minutes goal of 20 minutes daily ✔ 7 day average of 32 minutes!
    • Increase strength building exercise from 5 days to 7 Still at 6. It's a process.
    • Watch weight trend and don't freak out over daily fluctuations ✔ Patience and calm

4w.png

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,152 Member
    @Lisaw5 - What an awesome attitude and approach. Your trend graph for April looks like losing to me, not maintaining. It had one tiny bounce up when you had that one big day, but it returned pretty quick. Maybe you won't get to a number at the end of April, but you're doing great!

I had a big shock this morning; my scale was below 140. I'm dropping below the bottom of my maintenance range, so I have to be careful with THAT. Maybe I should just consider it a calorie bank since I have a river trip coming up, and I won't be weighing anything, and I'll eat whatever meals are offered. Mine is pasta with pesto and salty meaty appetizers.
  • LisaW57
    LisaW57 Posts: 339 Member
    edited April 2019
    Thanks @mtaratoot ! Yeah it does seem to be downward. It looks better on the computer than it does on my phone.

Who'd have thought that maintenance would be hard, and we'd ever be concerned at continued loss?! I've hit and maintained goal (long term) a couple of times. It's a process. When I was in my 30's, I dropped 10 lbs below goal. I went from looking and feeling good, to looking sickly and losing all of the gained energy. Watch your trend, adjust intake and exercise accordingly. You'll figure out a happy medium. Trust the science. Enjoy your river trip!!!
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,977 Member
    •Lose 5 lbs in April 2019•

March 2019 - Gain/Loss
    of .6 lbs. 31 day average was 173.3 Monthly average is steadily coming down.

Original starting wgt: 253
    April starting weight: 177
    April goal: 170
    ☔Updating every day through April.

•Monday Updates•📌

📌April 1 - 177 - Ate something I shouldn't have and now have inflammation in joints😩
    4/2 - 174.6
    4/3 - 175.4⬅ abs workout yesterday, glutes today, so who knows what tmrw will bring
    4/4 - 174 - I worked out with my Niece yesterday. She doesn't look forward to glute workouts, but I do! Lol. We got through it. Need to stretch and walk out the soreness today.
    4/5- 176.8 - Probably 175.8 I drank 16ozs of water just before weighing. Still holding fluid from butt and leg workout. Muscles are still on a low hum😃 My knee told me, unh-unh yesterday, so no walk. It was feeling unstable. Stretching and balance exercises accomplished.
    4/6 - 175.8
    4/7 - 177.4 - Not surprised. I was not hungry for my first meal until the 19 hour mark (2pm) I don't fast on Saturdays. I did an arm and shoulder workout at 10:30pm and felt hungry afterwards. So I ate again at 12am!

📌4/8 - 178 - Everything I ate contributed to my carb count. I broke my fast at 2:30pm and "dinner" was 2 brownies, which took me from 29g to 85g. Why did I eat them? Just not in the mood for more savory flavors. I certainly wasn't hungry.
    4/9 - 178.2
    4/10 - 176.8 - up and down. Down please.
    4/11 - 176.2 - Yesterday was my last day for eating peanut butter. I'm going to see if that is the last thing to eliminate to break away from my "stabilized" weight.

4/12 - 178.2 - This is from eating at midnight. Not overeating or late night snacking. I just wasn't hungry enough to eat the rest of my food until then. This is the 3rd time in a two a week period, that I have not been hungry until very late in the day. I don't know what that's about, but I don't like it.
    4/13 - 178
    4/14 - 177.6
    📌4/15 - 177.2
    4/16 - 177 - back here again
    4/17- 175.2
    4/18 - 177.6
    4/19 - 176.4
    4/20 - 175
    4/21 - 177
    📌4/22 - 175.4
    4/23 - 177

4/24 - 175.2