May 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Radiographers make the best runners - well dedicated anyway (says the resident radiographer)

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/112342582/radiographer-returns-to-work-after-painful-crawl-over-london-marathon-line
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Another 100 for me @shanaber - or 160km as we like to call it here in metric land.

I have a half scheduled on May 11 (through a vineyard so it's not a race race, more a girls' weekend away), but before that, I've been signed up for a trail relay this weekend - I think I'm supposed to do two laps, which are about 6.5km each. Hopefully the weather's good and there's not too much mud.

@ContraryMaryMary - My HM is also on May 11th and is through the vineyards in central CA. It is called the Santa Barbara Wine Country HM but is really in Santa Ynez! It will be about a day apart with the time difference with you running first but I will be thinking of you dancing (er... running) your way through the vineyards too 😊

Yay. I’ll think of you while I’m enjoying the post race events!!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    So... in the "#TIL" (Today I Learned) spirit...

There is a section of the Pittsburgh Marathon where they always have greyhound dogs out. I always assumed it was just to raise awareness about their club, but guess what! Apparently, they are there so runners can borrow a greyhound to run with for a section of the race! I probably will not do it, but still cool to know that it is an option.

i would totally do it.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »

There is a section of the Pittsburgh Marathon where they always have greyhound dogs out. I always assumed it was just to raise awareness about their club, but guess what! Apparently, they are there so runners can borrow a greyhound to run with for a section of the race! I probably will not do it, but still cool to know that it is an option.

i would totally do it.

Oh heck yeah me too, that sounds SO awesome!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

i would totally do it.

It is a mile 18, and some people apparently high five the dogs...
    fx0epvcg3rtc.png
    They said they only bring the dogs out for the slower runners! So if you are going for a BQ you will not be distracted by a puppy :)

i'm definitely a slow runner
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options

i would totally do it.
    Oh heck yeah me too, that sounds SO awesome!
    Me too - Love this!! I would not pass a chance to run with a pup! On FB in one of my Vizsla groups a girl posted a picture of her from the Big Sur Marathon stopping to love up on a Vizsla that was spectating! She said the owner was surprised but I wouldn't be at all!