Coffee...How do you drink yours?

Options
AlyRoseNYC
AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
This is just for fun. If you are a coffee drinker, how do you drink your coffee? How many cups do you drink? Regular or decaf?

I drink mostly decaf with half and half or heavy cream, and one packet of Truvia or Splenda. My husband drinks it black with LOTS of sugar. I tried black coffee and I just couldn't get into it. I love my coffee super creamy.

Replies

• sixxx
    sixxx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 1-4 XL Tim Horton's Double Double's, haven't bought one in about a month now!
    I drink 1-3 regular cups of coffee, with 2 creamers and 1 sugar packet at 73 calories now, much better than the Timmie's I was drinking!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 1-4 XL Tim Horton's Double Double's, haven't bought one in about a month now!
    I drink 1-3 regular cups of coffee, with 2 creamers and 1 sugar packet at 73 calories now, much better than the Timmie's I was drinking!

I used to drink Venti Nonfat Caramel Macchiatos!!!!!! Oh the calories!!!!!!! lol

When I was pregnant I had a decaf Grande Caramel Frapuccino pretty much everyday from the time I was seven months. This was before they made the nonfat versions of them. When I look back I just want to slap myself! lol
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I grew up drinking my coffee with 2 scoops of regular sugar and about 2 T. of cream... Knowing that was adding unnecessary calories, I slowly weened myself off and now drink regular coffee black. First few sips are a little rough, but I get into it eventually. LOL
  • THCamel
    THCamel Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Black :drinker:
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Most weekdays I'll have 2 cups of coffee with one teaspoon of raw sugar and 1/2 cup skim milk. On the weekends I'll let myself have half and half instead of the skim milk. Since I've started watching what I eat I've really cut back on the sugar, but just can't give up the cream/milk.

I used to be totally addicted to White Mochas from Starbucks.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Extra strong caffeinated Cafe Bustelo, cold, with a scoop of protein powder, a tablespoon of Chocolate Syrup, a tablespoon of caramel syrup, 2 teaspoons of benefiber powder and a dash of cinnamon... over ice. Best Mocha Latte Frappuccino I have EVER had!
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    through an IV!
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I like it black if it's good coffee.

With a little sugar and some soy milk if it's crappy coffee

and super sugary if it's Starbucks. But I drink Starbucks black occasionally if I don't feel like something sweet, even though it's pretty gag-worthy.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    One cup each morning with two packets of Splenda and about 2-3 tablespoons of powdered creamer. At least I've cut back from 2-3 cups per morning. :smile:
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I make my own at home with whole bean (there really is a difference), just a splash of skim milk and I've weaned myself down to 1/2 tsp of real sugar. I drink 2 cups a day.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Black, if it is good coffee, and single cream single sugar, if it is crap coffee (i.e. Tim Horton's)
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee with lowfat (1%) milk and almost always brew my own at home. I grind it from whole beans. I have 2 cups every morning :).
  • webfootcajun
    Options
    by the gallon..(sips)..CDM coffee with chicory..(sips)...with splenda and lite non-dairy creamer..
  • mazza2marilyn
    Options
    2 cups of regular a day,no sugar splash s/k milk
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee...cream and splenda please
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have about 2 cups aday.
    When Im brewing, I have it with a tablespoon of caramel macchiato flavored cream, and a teaspoon of sugarfree caramel [torani]
    When I make espressos, I do 4oz of espresso, 1 cup of fat free milk, 1T vanilla syrup, 1T of SF caramel, and 1T of caramel sauce.

Coffee is 33 calories, the latte is 159. :]
  • MrsWendyQ
    MrsWendyQ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Enjoying some right now...usually I don't do much better than Folgers, and here at work they like it STRONG...usually in my travel mug it's 1-1/2 packet of truvia and about a tablespoon of powdered creamer. Sometimes I like it with flavored creamers or preferably half and half, but I'm at work, coffee's free, and we've only so much to put in it. :drinker:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I drink it black since i started losing weight, whenever i add sugar or sweetener and cream to it i think it taste wrong now. I drink coffee because i am tired so decaff just angers me. lol
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I am a tea drinker but like a skinny latte if I pass my favourite Italian cafe!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    at one point in life I drank A LOT of coffee (like a pot, double-double)
    About a month or so I was down to 1 large Timmies (still double double) every morning, as well as a cup I had made myself at home with low fat cream and sugar.

Now I have switched to half-caffe (which is like...half regular coffee, half decaf) I am down to just the cup I make at home, still "double-double" but with the 5% creamer, and I generally only drink about half of it before I head out the door.

Ideally i'd still like to have the one cup in the morning at home, but wean off of the sugar. For now i'm feeling ok about only drinking half of the cup.