What are your more stubborn areas?

For me it’s actually not my stomach but my arms and thighs! I’ve lost some fat around my midsection but arms are still the same. I know I have some way to go but it is frustrating. I also know you can’t spot reduce. I would like to know what areas of the body you lost fat from last?

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    My arms are stubborn too! That's probably my most troublesome area. I always have to size up in dresses due to the arm/shoulder area. I just got dem big arms, lol. It's also the first place with visible stretch marks because I have so much to lose from that area, lol.
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    My hips and my tummy! If I could lose the little tiny bit of pudge left on my lower abdomen, I'd have a 6 pack already. So mad. I just want it gone but yet it lingers.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Last is upper hamstrings.. the area under my glutes. It is beyond stubborn. Followed by thighs, then chest (which I don't mind) then lower back.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Thighs and arms.
    i mean my stomach isn`t perfect but there is more weight on my legs and arms VS stomach. will see how things look after awhile (will some of that flabby skin tighten up? hopefully!)
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,069 Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Thighs, hips and stomach.

I have collarbones I can get a grip around and you can count my upper ribs from the front. I also have a podgy tummy. I am bitter :)

(But not very bitter. Having spent my entire life being overweight, then obese, then morbidly obese, then somewhere beyond even that, I am just so happy to have a 'normal' body that I don't really care about minor details)

I feel for you. I've spent years trying to become less bitter about my uneven fat distribution.

Inner thighs, upper hamstrings, calves (heck, let's just say legs overall) lower belly and triceps.
  • DarkNightBrightDays
    DarkNightBrightDays Posts: 32 Member
    I'm an apple shape with about 25lbs of 75lbs left to go, about 20lbs of that feels like it's on my midsection! I'm in a weird out of proportion stage right now with relatively slim(ish) arms and legs and a big old tummy 🤣
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,110 Member
    I’m pear shaped and always lose weight on my upper half first. My hips and thighs is the last place I lose and first place I gain.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,069 Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Thighs, hips and stomach.

I have collarbones I can get a grip around and you can count my upper ribs from the front. I also have a podgy tummy. I am bitter :)

(But not very bitter. Having spent my entire life being overweight, then obese, then morbidly obese, then somewhere beyond even that, I am just so happy to have a 'normal' body that I don't really care about minor details)

I feel for you. I've spent years trying to become less bitter about my uneven fat distribution.

Inner thighs, upper hamstrings, calves (heck, let's just say legs overall) lower belly and triceps.

I read the last four words of your last sentence too fast and was left wondering to myself what lower belly biceps are and do l have them 🤣

Snort :D
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    My face! The weight loss barely shows in my face still :/ Also my calves are huge but I have to make peace with that because my genetics gave me huge calf muscles which most men would dream of having!
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Stomach. I have the arms/legs/backside/everything else of an average 59 yo male. Looks like a water balloon lives in my gut though. Not quite that bad, but it's there...
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Last is upper hamstrings.. the area under my glutes. It is beyond stubborn. Followed by thighs, then chest (which I don't mind) then lower back.

Definitely upper hamstrings for me too. I call it my double butt because it reminds me of a double chin LOL 😂😂

I would also say inner thighs, back and upper arms.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    I lose fat off my arms, legs and face first. My face is noticeably less moon-like already. Seem to have slightly shrunk my hips also.

Which is the suck. I want to drop some off my back please and thank you.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Arms and thighs. I've given up on my ankles (sorry, CANKLES).
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    My tummy. It always seems round and ponchy no matter my weight. Core strength training does seem to help it go from preggo looking to just chubby. I would like to be at a low enough weight to not have the stomach fat, but since it's the last holdout on my body, I dont think I would like the food to exercise ratio that would be required to get there.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,733 Member
    I lose weight above the waist and hold on to it below the waist. My upper body is bony, legs are very strong and sturdy. Years ago I was told I have the legs of a power lifter - though I've never lifted in my life. Fortunately, my husband likes them, though I think he's not as happy about the bony upper body.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I've been noticing lately that I resemble the main character from the Despicable Me movies because I have skinny legs and carry the last of my 25 pounds in my torso.