Sexy in Six! (Closed Group)*****Week 1 Chat

Options

Replies

• persanta
    persanta Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sorry for my late reply to Wednesday QOTD:

Wednesday QOTD

What is your goal weight and how did you decide on that number?

168 - But thats just my Christmas goal for now, and then .............Who Knows??

THURSDAY QOTD: What is your favorite food and/or exercise "discovery" since starting this journey?

Hopefully we can all get some ideas and tips from each other's answers!

My quick sweet fix - Meringue nest, spoonful of fat free vanilla yogurt, topped with a couple of strawberrys -
    all for under 100 cals - feels very naughty when you eat it BUT its not! Happy Days!
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Okay, my turn!

THURSDAY QOTD: What is your favorite food and/or exercise "discovery" since starting this journey?

I have discovered that I can eat A LOT of food for 1200 calories! Just have to pay attention!
  • kristyann86
    kristyann86 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thursday qotd:

I love the yoplait light fruit yogurts. Range from 90 to 110 cals and they're 10/$6 at the grocery store. Sometimes 10/$5 :-)
  • Soon2BMrsRamos
    Options
    What is your favorite food and/or exercise "discovery" since starting this journey?

My favorite food I can't pick lol. I am to picky of an eater and firm believer in everything in moderation (no I do not go around 'moderating' junk food) so I eat what I want. I do like salads more and more though.

Exercise: I am ADDICTED to Zumba! For example this week... Monday 2 hr zumbathon 8p-10p, Tuesday zumba class 9a, Wednesday zumba classes 12pm and 515pm. All the classes are an hour. I would be going tonight too if I wasn't leaving on vacation.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Thursday QOTD: I love how much better I feel with exercise and food choices.I've also discovered I can eat a lot for my calorie goal and I don't eat much junk, not bc I've cut it out, but bc it just literally makes me sick when I do eat it. I've discovered that I LOVE to workout, even when I don't feel like it. I've discovered resistance bands (LOVE) and skinny cow ice cream (MUCHO LOVE!!!)
  • megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Options
    What is your favorite food and/or exercise "discovery" since starting this journey?

My favorite food would be raw veggies and turkery meat and my found exercise would be walking. I use to hate it now that is all I want to do :)
  • j99li
    j99li Posts: 421 Member
    Options

I have found a new love for the salad bar at my school. I had a salad for lunch every day while I was in school during the month of July and I absolutely loved it! I also have a new found love for cheese haha.

Exercise....I would have to say just the videos in general! I have been to the gym before but it was just the machines, bikes and elliptical. The bikes/elliptical always had a long line and the guys would dominate the machines. I now enjoy working out at home in my basement with a work out video :)
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Light (unsweetened) coconut milk!! YUM! 1/3 cup only has 50 calories, and if you add it into a protein shake it gives it the most wonderful, coconut-y flavor. Add some fresh fruit into that and voila...you have a healthy and satisfying meal replacement or a healthy snack. Coconut milk also has a little fat in it to keep you full/satisfied for longer. Coconut milk, where have you been all my life??:heart:
  • jasminebri
    Options
    my favorite food discovery would have to be a baked potato!!! knowing that i can eat one with light sour cream (40 cal for 2 tbsp!!!!)...and some 0 cal butter....im in heaven!!!!! im a carb-o-holic, soooooo knowing that really i can eat whatever i want just the right portions and making better choices, im all for it!!!

my new exercise would be p90x...im in my first month. the reason that its a new discovery is because i never thought that i would actually be able to do it!...i've pushed myslef to new heights and limits that i never knew was in me!!!....im honestly proud of myself and can't wait to see where this takes me!!!!...well i guess i know where....down to my goal weight!!lololol...GO TEAM BLUE!!!!
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    My favorite food since starting my weight loss is Greek Yogurt or plain yogurt which ever they're both good. I make chicken salad's with it, use it as cream sauces for some dishes, mix it in with a little coco and Splenda for a nice treat and if I am really having a sweet tooth I get the white chocolate no fat jello pudding and replace the milk with yogurt and omg it is delicious. As for exercising I love Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. I also enjoy Zumba,and Yoga. Those are my favorites.
  • nikip6454
    Options
    Okay, my turn!

I have discovered that I can eat A LOT of food for 1200 calories! Just have to pay attention!

Me too!

I have discovered JM 30 Day Shred--so far level 1 only, I tried level 2 but my form was bad so I wasn't really getting anything out of it. Once I'm stronger and less chubby, I'll have better form!
  • zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    My favorite exercise discovery is the stationary bike -- I *love* it. I needed something I could do while sitting because I'm very prone to nausea. It has proven the perfect exercise for me.

My favorite food discovery... hm. No "new" foods, per se, but I've found I do like eating a lot of fruit and veggies (mostly fruit). Ooh - frozen dark chocolate Hershey kisses. I've never been a fan of dark chocolate, but these usually quench my chocolate cravings. I'm also really into low-calorie crepes.
  • leamatthew
    leamatthew Posts: 162
    Options

Fav food always has been chicken and still is, as for excersize it would have to be swimming, i just need to start doing it more!!
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options

hmmm...I dont have a favorite go to food. I have been working on lots of recipes and learning how to cook healthy for the family. I use chicken a lot but I would call that a "fave". The thing I eat the most consistently is scrambled eggs with pico de gallo for breakfast.

Exercise....I am loving all of them. I am enjoying pushing my body and learning I can do more than I ever thought. I feel like superwomen doing my pushups...I had fun showing my hubby last night that I could easily do 20 and pushed to do 40.
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options

I love zumba and running!! i always hated running and never thought I would like it. But, I do! Crazy!

My favorite food is jello temptations!!! Absolutely 0 sugar and sooo good!
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options

The joy of half fat mozarella and tomato salad with olive oil , garlic and lots of basil......!
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

Don't make fun of me, but I've rediscovered a love for salads. specially with grilled chicken, chopped apple, and clue cheese crumbles. Marie's yogurt dressing has been an amazing discovery!

As far as exercise, I haven't actually discovered anything. But I *did* discover, if this counts, that I CAN run/jog....
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    ********SEXY IN SIX IMPORTANT INFO!!!!*********************

Tomorrow (Friday) is our first weigh in. Follow THIS LINK to send me your current data. I need it by Friday night or I WILL hunt you down! Don't make me be a mean peanut ;) You ladies have done a great job!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFEyMnNkVFFtUmFGNkdtYWhtZ29FS2c6MQ
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I dont remember what my starting weight was for this challenge. Are you going to be posting that?
  • NicholeAJ
    Options

Food: LUNA Bars, wouldn't have gotten this far w/out them!

Exercise: The stationary bike, I can still ck my e-mail and do stuff while I'm exercising :)