Keto buddies

Options
ariasle4
ariasle4 Posts: 1 Member
Hi I am one week into keto first weigh in today down 6lbs. Would love to learn and be inspired by others. Add me in

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,143 Member
    Options
    I am a keto'er and I also do IF(16:8 fasting) down 16 lbs...you are welcome to add me...wishing you the very best on your journey :)
  • mmrrkkoorrnn
    mmrrkkoorrnn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I fast around 18 hours
  • SamLeeCarranza
    SamLeeCarranza Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Today would be my 2nd month as a keto, I have lost 24 pounds but have found myself at a stall for week already. Any tips would be wonderful. only 10 more until I reach my goal... its so close...
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    samleegar wrote: »
    Today would be my 2nd month as a keto, I have lost 24 pounds but have found myself at a stall for week already. Any tips would be wonderful. only 10 more until I reach my goal... its so close...

Can you exercise more and eat less?
  • esperancecottage
    esperancecottage Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anyone not lost weight in the beginning on Keto?
  • SamLeeCarranza
    Options
    Feel like all the cleaning I do at home is exercise but decided today that I will be adding more walking into my day, hoping that will have an effect.

Can you exercise more and eat less?[/quote]

• missingme11
    missingme11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have just started a 'modified keto.' At least that's what I'm calling it. I've heard true Keto is less that 10 g of carbs a day. That is going to take me awhile to work down to. For the last week I have been staying below 50 g of carbs and plan to lower that number every couple of weeks. Down about 6 lbs. I find I struggle more on the weekends, anyone else have that issue?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,143 Member
    Options
    Please make sure you up your sodium to 3000mg or more....if you don't you will get what is called the keto flu ....believe me it is not fun...What I do is get a 24 oz bottle of water add 1 tsp of morton's lite salt and any flavor of mio...its like a keto version of gatorade
  • linc2
    linc2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started my keto diet March 23, 2019 and so far, have lost 17 lbs. I find keeping focused and following the diet not too hard after postitive self motivation sets in and 10 lb wt. drop. I'm really not tempted with sweets at this point. Btw, what's "keto flu?" Never heard or read about that condition.
  • melwitthoft
    melwitthoft Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I’m new to keto and mfp. Looking for friends for support.
  • talkinghead86
    talkinghead86 Posts: 66 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    pete_75 wrote: »
    I just started keto a few weeks ago. I've lost some weight. It's been hard. I need really good support and encouragement and accountability. So feel free to add me.

Of course losing weight is hard. It's really hard. And maintaining what you lost (forever) is even harder. U just have to continue to push through and be able to strategize the best plan that works for you (delivers results).
  • talkinghead86
    talkinghead86 Posts: 66 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    pete_75 wrote: »
    I have a big sweet tooth! I need to better control that! And I have heard of keto flu.

Sugar can be just as addicting as heroin.

"The link between sugar and addictive behavior is tied to the fact that, when we eat sugar, opioids and dopamine are released. ... When a certain behavior causes an excess release of dopamine, you feel a pleasurable “high” that you are inclined to re-experience, and so repeat the behavior"
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    When beginning keto, increase your salt intake.

I was ignorant, so I had one day of consuming a 64 oz pot of hot water in which I'd dissolved 7 bullion cubes. That was too much.

I learned better, and the next day simply consumed a few chunks of pink salt It tastes better and keeps the body supplied with ions of sodium, which is very important to life.

Keto, since you eat very low carbs, causes your body to burn through all the stored sugar in your body. This may take a few days. It burns faster if you exercise vigorously. Anyway, as you progress through diminishing your bodily stores of sugar you liberate the water that had been bound to the sugar. The rapid introductory keto weight loss is this water being discharged. The keto flu phenomenon is the loss of salt in that discharge. The increased salt intake is to counter the effect of losing all that water.
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am beginning week 3. I'm down 8 pounds, but since I only have about 40 pounds to lose, is a good start to me. Feel free to add me!
  • SamLeeCarranza
    Options
    I finally past my stall!! :)

Yesterday was the first time that I noticed a difference in my journey. Since it is teacher appreciation week, we were asked to take updated school ID's to receive our goodies. After taking photo, I saw my before and after and took a snap of it and sent it to my husband. The reaction I got was the best.... Oh, *kitten* lol... hearing his reaction finally helped me see that all my hard work has truly paid off. I have been following keto for 2 months and down 26 pounds with 7 more pounds to go to meet my goal. Taking it day by day....
  • Hates2run
    Hates2run Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    New to keto also- first week. Feel free to add me as well