Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Want to lose weight faster, not count portions and eat until you feel full?

Options
13»

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Dilvish wrote: »
    The science/studies prove it. If you read this article in it's entirety you will see that a Keto/low carb high fat diet is the clear winner... perhaps this article alone can help you win the battle against unwanted pounds...

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets

Did I get lost and wind up on a religious forum somehow?

3 things to not talk about around the lunch table. Politics, religion and diets.

:)
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    sefajane1 wrote: »
    OP, I've noticed your posts a lot over the last few days. All basically urging people to go keto. Why do you feel the need? If it's working for you, that's great but it seems like you're trying to gain converts 😁

Not only that but I’ve noticed that this poster never engages in discussion with people who wish to discuss/debate the points he or she is attempting to make. Just drops the assertions in a single post and doesn’t seem to return to the thread. I was hopeful that since this is a post and not just a comment that this time may be different because I too am interested to learn why some keto followers feel the need to assign magical benefits to the diet in order to convince others to try - without just posting facts and saying “it can be as good as any other diet if a person enjoys it and can stick with it, but it is not superior and/or necessary to achieve goals”.

I loved the irony of the OP starting a thread in the debate section :D
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    sefajane1 wrote: »
    OP, I've noticed your posts a lot over the last few days. All basically urging people to go keto. Why do you feel the need? If it's working for you, that's great but it seems like you're trying to gain converts 😁

Not only that but I’ve noticed that this poster never engages in discussion with people who wish to discuss/debate the points he or she is attempting to make. Just drops the assertions in a single post and doesn’t seem to return to the thread. I was hopeful that since this is a post and not just a comment that this time may be different because I too am interested to learn why some keto followers feel the need to assign magical benefits to the diet in order to convince others to try - without just posting facts and saying “it can be as good as any other diet if a person enjoys it and can stick with it, but it is not superior and/or necessary to achieve goals”.

I loved the irony of the OP starting a thread in the debate section :D

Not only did the OP start a thread in the debate section, he then complained because people were actually debating his ideas... go figure.
  • zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Actually the thread was started in the main general forum area and then it got moved here, I'm assuming by a mod?

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    zeejane4 wrote: »
    Actually the thread was started in the main general forum area and then it got moved here, I'm assuming by a mod?

Yes, because we felt it was more of a debate type topic. Although given people are struggling to be respectful and not turn this into a personal attack, we are closing the discussion.
This discussion has been closed.