Biggest dieting pet peeve

12346»

Replies

• kathryn1391
    kathryn1391 Posts: 100 Member
    Getting asked if i've tried this shake or that diet...NO its just so annoying. People cant comprehend just healthy eating and exercising...
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I absolutely CAN’T STAND when people type “loosing weight” instead of “losing weight.” I’m a spelling-snob.

Me to.
    There driving me crazy.

I see what you did they're. Clever.
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    The whole having to eat less food thing is really just tragically unbearable.
  • NCK96
    NCK96 Posts: 146 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    The whole low carb trend is annoying. People are always shocked that I eat carbs. Yes, of course I do because carbs are great.

This. I was never doing low carb, but one of my friends saw me tonight and asked if I was still doing the low carb thing. I think what she meant was, "Are you still watching what you eat?" which is a dumb question, because if I want to maintain what I've lost I'll always have to watch what I eat. That's how it works.

It's annoying when people say 'I've tried every diet and they don't work for me'.. Of course they don't work for you, you keep going on and off fad diets, probably gorging in between. Pick one way of eating that's slightly lower in calories than what your body needs to maintain, and stick to it for longer than a week to see results.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    NCK96 wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    The whole low carb trend is annoying. People are always shocked that I eat carbs. Yes, of course I do because carbs are great.

This. I was never doing low carb, but one of my friends saw me tonight and asked if I was still doing the low carb thing. I think what she meant was, "Are you still watching what you eat?" which is a dumb question, because if I want to maintain what I've lost I'll always have to watch what I eat. That's how it works.

It's annoying when people say 'I've tried every diet and they don't work for me'.. Of course they don't work for you, you keep going on and off fad diets, probably gorging in between. Pick one way of eating that's slightly lower in calories than what your body needs to maintain, and stick to it for longer than a week to see results.

Echoing others re: Low carb! It makes me nuts when people assume I don't eat bread or hardly any carbs because I've lost lots of weight. That was never a part of the equation for me. It's true that sometimes I'll eat 1/2 bun just to save calories, or skip the tortilla chips at a Mexican place (again, just to save calories). But it's ugh when people assume that automatically. I've had two different acquaintances message me with questions about keto. I really don't know anything about keto! Cracks me up, but it's also irritating.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    "your being rather obsessive about your weight and exercise" yes if I don't track every calorie it won't work. Just because I exercise more than you it does not mean I'm obsessed.
  • NCK96
    NCK96 Posts: 146 Member
    I know someone who is seemingly constantly on a diet and detox yet stays the same size or bigger. Follows fads and is always talking about them. Follows meal plans, goes to weight watchers but why is she getting bigger ? She is always cutting out caffeine or sugar. I wish I could tell her to just cut out fast food or cakes but that would be considered rude.

Just a straight forward CICO approach would probably work. And a bit of movement. It's not rocket science. But I guess each to their own. It's just sometimes painful to listen to.

I have one of these friends. You can ask her how she's doing and she'll spout off about how she's tired because she's doing this new diet and she's not eating this or this, and then she'll run down what she's eaten that day, and what she plans to eat later. She constantly talks to everyone about whatever diet she's on and it gets really old. Has she lost any weight? Who knows, but she's been on a diet for all the years I've known her. And, sadly, I recently noticed her teen daughter is looking extremely thin. I'm a little worried her mother's way of thinking has rubbed off on how she perceives herself.
  • AutumLeaf
    AutumLeaf Posts: 126 Member
    Diet pills & fads. People saying fat = ugly. Calling deserts & junk food "naughty". Just anything that contributes to body shaming & fads.
  • Ironlady70
    Ironlady70 Posts: 777 Member
    Telling me I am gaining weight because I am not in a caloric deficit. Hmmmm how is eating 900 cal a day, CrossFit x 4 a week and daily 5 km LISS cardio not in a deficit?