Biggest dieting pet peeve

Options

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Don't concern myself with other people's eating habits unless I am preparing their food. Don't GAF what people think of my eating habits.

However, I have lost 30 lbs in the last 12 weeks and don't think I'll share how.

Bet I can guess :P

Probably not. I just eliminated everything that was causing me to have Gout flareups. Which included alcohol. Haven't had a flare up since and I have dropped the weight that I didn't need.
  • lacyphacelia
    lacyphacelia Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    hud54014 wrote: »
    I’ve got way too much going on to worry about what other people are doing with their own bodies, or to get irked about their thoughts and beliefs on health.

The problem is when people decide to impart their ideas and their beliefs on others. I can eat a ton of vegetables (which I eat regardless of losing weight) without someone commenting on how I need to eat differently. I drink a lot of water and got comments on "isn't that a lot of water?" When I've lost a lot of weight, had family members get upset that I "lost too much" and I shouldn't be "so small." Perhaps what everyone else should be doing is stfu.
  • lacyphacelia
    Options
    aidydh wrote: »
    Other people not understanding that everyone's bodies are different and my health issues aren't all in my head.

So you can eat whatever types of foods you want and not have to worry about how it's going to affect your health? Fantastic. Wish I were the same, believe me.

If you had diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, or fibromyalgia, you'd be singing a different tune. But please, keep telling me that I don't have to watch what types of food I eat and just exercise more while you chomp down that bacon cheeseburger, fries and milkshake.

THANK YOU
  • lacyphacelia
    Options
    Don't concern myself with other people's eating habits unless I am preparing their food. Don't GAF what people think of my eating habits.

However, I have lost 30 lbs in the last 12 weeks and don't think I'll share how.

Bet I can guess :P

Probably not. I just eliminated everything that was causing me to have Gout flareups. Which included alcohol. Haven't had a flare up since and I have dropped the weight that I didn't need.

OK, didn't know about a pre-existing medical condition. At my work, there are people who go "such and so lost 40 lbs in 4 months on keto," so I thought that.
  • bhadbahabi
    bhadbahabi Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Idk if it’s a pet peeve but I just feel bad for people who think there’s an easy way out. There isn’t. I told a coworker recently that I used to be bigger and she asked me how I did it and I just said that you have to stop eating like *kitten* and count calories. She didn’t look pleased that I didn’t have a secret potion.
  • Scottgriesser
    Scottgriesser Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    People who refuse to believe in CICO. "No no no, this buff guy at the gym told me I should put butter in my coffee, and add mct oil to everything I eat and then I'll lose weight."

Well sure...as long as you are at a deficit...
  • mamasara2
    mamasara2 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    People who are pushy about there being only one way to lose weight and be healthy. Especially when it's an obvious fad diet. I can't stand the whole pink drink bs.

And the "cure-all" types. They insist that you are doomed to die a horrid death and live a life of disease and malnutrition unless you buy their over priced products.

I admit, I have tried some of their weight loss pills and paths in the paths, but none of them worked.

The only thing that has ever worked for me is consistent exercise and avoiding foods that don't work for my body.

Junk punch to fad diets. They do more damage than good.
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    hud54014 wrote: »
    I’ve got way too much going on to worry about what other people are doing with their own bodies, or to get irked about their thoughts and beliefs on health.

The problem is when people decide to impart their ideas and their beliefs on others. I can't eat a ton of vegetables (which I eat regardless of losing weight) without someone commenting on how I need to eat differently. I drink a lot of water and got comments on "isn't that a lot of water?" When I've lost a lot of weight, had family members get upset that I "lost too much" and I shouldn't be "so small." Perhaps what everyone else should be doing is stfu.

Darn humans tend to do that. Lucky for us, we have the power to decide what bothers us. I'm sure your'e doing what's right for you.
  • mamasara2
    mamasara2 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @ChaelAZ hahaha! I would totally boycott calories if I could! They are such tyrants sometimes.

Down with calories!!!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    mine are people telling me you have to cut out sugar,starches and grains to lose weight(nope I lost it eating those things). those who keep selling "magic" fat loss pills that melt belly fat only, those who tell me that they couldnt eat the way I do to lose weight(basically saying I am starving myself when Im not,not even close).People who tell me eating carbs will make me fat so will eating fat. There are many others though
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Other people not understanding that everyone's bodies are different and my health issues aren't all in my head.

So you can eat whatever types of foods you want and not have to worry about how it's going to affect your health? Fantastic. Wish I were the same, believe me.

If you had diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, or fibromyalgia, you'd be singing a different tune. But please, keep telling me that I don't have to watch what types of food I eat and just exercise more while you chomp down that bacon cheeseburger, fries and milkshake.

I have RA and eat what I want,except for having to follow a low fat,low cholesterol,high fiber diet due to another health issue. but my RA is fine eating other things. what helped mine was weight training. maybe for you you have to watch what you eat for thoses things.
  • alancorey1979
    alancorey1979 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    People who mix avocados and dark chocolate together and say it taste like chocolate pudding. *kitten* you it does.

I have made the avocado Choco thingy and thought it was pretty good. Is it pudding? No. But it did taste pretty good for an alternative.

Honestly I don't see the point, I doubt it even has any fewer calories, its just the "healthier" impression

It’s keto which is why I tried it, and it tastes like Satan’s taint.

😂 😂😂😂

Im in stiches right now. Holy %#!& that was funny.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    mamasara2 wrote: »
    @ChaelAZ hahaha! I would totally boycott calories if I could! They are such tyrants sometimes.

Down with calories!!!

Amen sistah!
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    When asked what diet I went on to loose the weight. I say none I did a lifestyle change & eat less garbage now... lol
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    I am still being told to eat whatever I want early in the day and I will lose weight. Now I just smile and nod.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options

I hate it when someone doesn't tell me their secret. I hate the bs answers like eat right, lifestyle change, workout, count calories, eat chocolate, etc. I want the secret!!!! Everyone is so rude they don't want others to get in shape too and always give bs answers. its frustrating....

4h6tll49m1hg.jpg
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    becky3695 wrote: »
    I had a lady ask me 3 times how I had lost weight. I was honest 2x (CICO) the 3rd time I told her it was Dove dark chocolate. The chemicals found within dark chocolate stimulated my metabolism to the point I could eat anything I wanted -- as long as I ate 2 Dove dark chocolate squares before the meal...

Everyone is looking for that magic pill -- so I start making $#!+ up.

This first time I lost a large chunk of weight people couldn't believe that eating healthier, eating less, and exercising more (plus sticking to my plan) was what worked. I got asked over and over again what I was doing differently.

I should have started making things up too!