Looking for tips on a bike helmet

2»

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited May 2019
    There are padded bike shorts that you wear commando and there are pantres and thin liner shorts with chamois that you can wear under other pants. REI usually has s hood variety. Bikevpants ir liners should fit tight to help prevent chafing.
    The correct bike seat makes s big difference if you’re going very far. The specific seat is individual to each person, so consult your local bike shop
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    icemom011 wrote: »
    @megamom

I am so glad that you decided to get a cycling helmet. I had to watch my six year old crash her bike on Friday - she was going downhill, quite fast and either lost control or hit a kerb. She and the bike flew up into the air and I thought that we would be calling for an ambulance. I couldn't believe it when she untangled herself from the bike and stood up.

She got away with a few bruises and superficial cuts, and I maintain that her cycling helmet saved her head from more trauma than she ended up with.

The cuts have almost healed, the bruises are looking glorious but she's fine.

You fall harder as you get older, lol. Glad your little one is ok, helmets are a must!

Yeah, don't I know it. Had a bad accident on my bike almost three years ago and one of my knees is still a problem. Hasn't stopped me cycling or running though. I just can't kneel on it anymore.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    xbjer42xixhg.jpg trying on my new helmet
  • simcon1
    simcon1 Posts: 209 Member
    You might be surprised about the sweating too—I sweat a ton running, even walking, but haven’t found that my bike helmet makes me more sweaty
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Went on my first ride wearing my helmet, while I was riding no problems but as soon as we stopped at I took the helmet off I was sweating up a storm on my head, I am talking dripping wet hair. dang husband looked perfectly normal, I looked like I needed CPR. It was 80 out but we only went 8 miles. My head always sweat bad though. Oh, the mirror was awesome.