What pushes you to continue?

Replies

• Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    I want to stop hiding from the camera. I don't want to lose my ability to be active with my kids and I want them to be proud of me
  • ms_maruska
    ms_maruska Posts: 119 Member
    Well, I'm coming up on the ten year anniversary of when I was diagnosed with a type cancer where I would need daily medication pretty much to live (its a pill and kinda like a small dose of chemo every day). Along with the diagnosis, I lost a job I enjoyed, the chance to physically ever have a child, and continuing to go back to school just didn't make sense physically/financially (even though it was important to me). Needless to say, I was in a rotten place physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially. Even being sick every day I gained weight because at that time, I didn't care about what I ate (like I didn't eat a lot, but every choice was a poor food choice). The first babystep I made after the diagnosis was to simply sit outside on the porch (couldn't be far away from a bathroom.) That led to me walking 1-2 laps around the small part of backyard with my dogs for company (couldn't afford the gym). Fast-forward to today, I workout as well as I can because my daughter, who I was blessed enough to adopt a few years ago, needs me to be as healthy as I can be as an example/caretaker for her. I'm
    also motivated because it helps greatly with my mental/emotional well being. I can't workout as much as I would like, but I wanted to post all this for anyone who may be hurting today - you really don't know what tomorrow may bring...start small when you can and don't give up the fight. There are unforeseen victories yet to be won!! 💜

Thank you for sharing this.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    I’m 64 and want to be fit and active for years to come. Like others, I want to be self sufficient in my older years. This keeps me exercising and it helps me to get back on track when my weight slips up.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Because I can! Now is the time to do something entirely for myself - be totally selfish, do what's good for me, for my mind, my body. Not being accountable to anyone else, not responsible for anyone else, just doing something for a healthier self.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    The plain and simple fact I'm not where I want to be.
  • keonwlsn
    keonwlsn Posts: 278 Member
    @Terytha that’s good keep it going you got it!!! @Commander_Keen 💯 @cheryldumais that’s encouraging!!! @Theoldguy1 that’s a good goal
  • _faedreamer
    _faedreamer Posts: 56 Member
    My wife, mostly. I got very sick a few years ago, weight and diet related, and I realized if I kept going the way I was, I'd probably not have near as much time with her as I wanted. It took a while for me to figure out what worked for me to control my health issues and start to get my weight under control, but I finally have and I'm determined we will eventually celebrate our fiftieth anniversary cause I plan to live to be at least 83!
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    My father died of cardiovascular disease, and my biomarkers aren't great. I also had a taste of what poor health looks like when my back suffered a long-term injury and there were times where I was suicidal (I'm fine now) thinking about continuing to live that way forever. So now I do what it takes to stave off mortality.
  • keonwlsn
    @jseams1234 that’s so nice teamwork. @bionicpuffy I understand and respect it. @InspectorRed you go girl!!! @whmscll I’m with you great reason. @Kimmotion5783 🏋️‍♀️🏋️‍♀️🏋️‍♀️
  • keonwlsn
    @NCK96 💯 now your not invisible. @Megan_smartiepants1970 that is soo cute.
  • keonwlsn
    @jo_nz yesss we have alike reasons.
  • keonwlsn
    @jljshoe1979 I’m so sorry that is soo touching!!! 👏👏👏 @Jamie2663 your super mom!!! @fiddletime thank you!
  • keonwlsn
    @neugebauer52 yessss it is time!!! @SisterSueGetsFit that is great!!!! @_faedreamer 💯 @TanyaHooton thank you for sharing I’m sorry.
  • jljshoe1979
    jljshoe1979 Posts: 325 Member
    keonwlsn wrote: »
    @jljshoe1979 I’m so sorry that is soo touching!!! 👏👏👏 @Jamie2663 your super mom!!! @fiddletime thank you!

Hey - it's all good! That part of my life aside, I'm great now!! Originally, I was only going to post the lines about my daughter and feeling better emotionally, but I felt like if there is 1 person reading this to get inspired and may be having a hard time, they should know that dark times can come & they will pass. 😊
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    keonwlsn wrote: »
    What is your reason for working out, dieting, ect???

Musculoskeletal fitness & longevity.
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    The ladies at my gym that have become part of my family. They keep me moving for the exercise part. My kids & my husband keep me moving for the healthy eating part. It's all about balance.
  • mrshadsall
    mrshadsall Posts: 30 Member
    Not getting lectured by my doctor every few months is a plus!
  • WynterDreaming
    WynterDreaming Posts: 83 Member
    Because I have a goal, and losing weight, getting fit, it's part of the journey to get there. Not being winded as I walk up the stairs is also a super nice bonus.
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    I’m stubborn. Doc told me I was Diabetic and wanted to put me on meds. I said nope let me see if diet changes will make a difference. And it did. Follow-up reading was back to pre-diabetic range and every one since then has been completely normal!

Plus, I’ve come too far to turn back now at 81 lbs and counting.