Salad dressing

13»

Replies

• nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    I like using houmous, though it's not exactly low cal. Filling, though!

Olive oil & balsamic, but light on the oil.

Just lemon juice and black pepper.

Little bit of sesame oil goes a long way as it's so flavourful, with rice wine vinegar.

Cottage cheese and hot sauce.

Yoghurt and Skyr with a bit of vinegar, dried chives, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper. Sort of like ranch.

Satay sauce with peanut butter or tahini, soy sauce, lemon or lime juice, water, cayenne pepper.

Please do explain how hummus is filling? Come on......... proper hummus rivals peanutbutter in the calorie department. Is that also filling?

I find houmous and peanut butter both filling, they're full of protein and fat. I use them as toppings on ryvita in the morning for my breakfast, very calorie dense
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited May 2019
    So I like chickpeas but I don’t like hummus. Is that weird?

No, I'm the same. Even though I definitely like tahini and olive oil in plenty of other uses too (and I don't hate hummus, just don't really like it either -- waste of cals for me).

I also like peanuts and don't much care for peanut butter, however.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    I'm in the homemade group too. My favorite is Ranch made with Greek yogurt and light hellman's mayo. I add Salt, Pepper, Dried Parsley, Granulated Garlic, Granulated Onion and the most important ingredient is Fresh Garlic. If it's too thick you can add a little milk. The only downside is the fresh garlic will eventually make the dressing watery so it doesn't last long in the fridge. Outside of that I love Bernstein's light cheese fantastico. To this one I always add a couple tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and a couple cloves of fresh garlic. Keep in mind when I say fresh garlic I really mean FRESH. Not dried or canned. There's no comparison.
  • cheyeneinthesprings
    cheyeneinthesprings Posts: 46 Member
    So this is what I found....and it’s nice! 10 calories per serving with a nice sweet twang.rboipf11yaqn.jpeg
    ynps138qp0ta.jpeg
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    I make my own dressing with penzeys spices ranch mix (you can order online if there's no store available). I started doing it about 6 years ago and love it. I use olive oil mayo and buttermilk and sometimes add my own extra spices like paprika or chili powder. 2 tbsp for 57 or so calories! You can also decrease the mayo and use some sour cream. Doesn't change the taste or texture a ton and loses some calories