Sexy in Six! (Closed Group)*****Week 1 Chat

Options
1234568»

Replies

• ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    my favorite food discovery would have to be a baked potato!!! knowing that i can eat one with light sour cream (40 cal for 2 tbsp!!!!)...and some 0 cal butter....im in heaven!!!!! im a carb-o-holic, soooooo knowing that really i can eat whatever i want just the right portions and making better choices, im all for it!!!

my new exercise would be p90x...im in my first month. the reason that its a new discovery is because i never thought that i would actually be able to do it!...i've pushed myslef to new heights and limits that i never knew was in me!!!....im honestly proud of myself and can't wait to see where this takes me!!!!...well i guess i know where....down to my goal weight!!lololol...GO TEAM BLUE!!!!

I love p90x too!!! What day are you on??

I also discovered how much calories I burn when I go out dancing. Another reason to go out with the girls!
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    Okay, my turn!

THURSDAY QOTD: What is your favorite food and/or exercise "discovery" since starting this journey?

Hopefully we can all get some ideas and tips from each other's answers!

My favorite food since starting this journey is brussell sprouts {gasp} lol. I adore the little cabbages and eat them all the time. I also discovered a love of grilled asparagus. My favorite exercise, which I need to start doing again, are burpee's. I especially love to do them on the bosu ball, which is extra hard for me. :)
  • almille
    almille Posts: 89
    Options
    My favorite food discovery is how much better I feel eating this way- When I do have a cheat day and eat fried or greasy or junk sugar I get really sluggish and feel pretty sick. I'm happy to see this is affecting me positively and my body will help me reinforce the new pattern ;)

My favorite exercise discovery is that I can still run! I thought I couldn't anymore, because of how gross I feel for the first ten minutes. Apparently that was mostly dehydration and poor fueling, and now if I push through the first two minutes I feel great!
  • klyvers512
    klyvers512 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY QOTD: What is your favorite food and/or exercise "discovery" since starting this journey?

Food: Definitely how much food I can have and still be under my calories. I love eating steamed veggies and don't feel a bit bad putting cheese slice to melt. Smoothies too! I add broccoli in my fruit smoothies and that helps tone down the sweetness.

Exercise: Doing the 30 Day Shred easy level 1 is getting. I'm thinking about adding more videos to my workout each week.
  • lee155
    lee155 Posts: 120
    Options

Favorite foods salads.
    Exercise: cycling and jogging
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options

My 17 yr old daughter introduced me to Snackwells White chocolate Fudge popcorn. I have one package every day as my *treat*.

They are awesome!
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options

Ricotta cheese! I had bought it before on occasion to use in lasagna for a change, but didn't know what to do with the rest of it. I saw a suggestion on an MFP thread to have a serving with a little liquid honey and blueberriess and sliced strawberries for breakfast. Now it is one of my favourite things for breakfast. Exercise wise, gotta say I am loving Zumba!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Don't make me be a mean peanut ;)

But, I wanna see a mean peanut :P
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

I have to pick just one food? There are so many! To name a few: Laughing Cow cheeses, MiO water additive, Monkey Bars granola, air popped popcorn, couscous, Jello Live Active Milk Chocolate bliss, Greek yogurt. And, I have discovered that I really LOVE healthy food. So much so, in fact, that I almost always want it over the unhealthy crap I used to eat.

As for exercise, well, we still haven't become friends.
  • Azraazra1108
    Azraazra1108 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY QUESTION: What is your favorite food and/or exercise "discovery" since starting this journey?

Since I started using MFP I've started drinking much much more water. I've also decreased how many sweets I eat and I'm managing better than I thought. I am also eating a lot more fresh fruit and salads. As far as exercise, I've skipped getting on my treadmil only once this week. I've noticed that I have more energy when I get some cardio in my day (actually I use it at night after everyone sleeps).
  • Azraazra1108
    Azraazra1108 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY QUESTION: What is your goal weight and how did you decide on that number?

My goal weight is between 135 and 140 and I chose this number because that's what I weighed before I got married. With this weight and my height I fall in the healthy BMI. I feel that at this weight I'm skinny but not too much.

PS. SORRY FOR RESPONDING TO THIS QUESTION SO LATE BUT WHEN I LOOKED UNDER THIS CHAT I THOUGHT THAT IT WOULD BE THE MOST RECENT POST AND THE MOST RECENT POST WAS STILL TUESDAY WHEN I LOOKED YESTERDAY.
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY QUESTION: What is your favorite food and/or exercise "discovery" since starting this journey?
    My favorite food discovery was that one of my favorite things to eat is actually a ceasar salad. I crave those puppies, especially a grilled chicken ceasar salad. My favorite exercise discovery is that recently the workouts have been getting easier for me. This just means my fitness is improving and I need to up my speed and level.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options

Skinny Cow Icecream sandwiches and turbo jam... I love them both
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    When is the friday question going to be posted?
  • sarah61587
    sarah61587 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Since starting my weight loss journey I have rediscovered my love for fresh fruits and vegetables. I could eat them all the time! I have just been too lazy in the past to grab them from the bottom of the refrigerator and then by the time I would remember they were there they would be bad :(

I don't have a favorite exercise, I am just enjoying using my body again.
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    And the Friday question......? it's 12 minutes to midnight here.....! Well, I'd like to say that I'm finding all this mutual support very helpful and I just know this is going to help me get through the next five weeks. So thank you everybody, especially Peanut, and especially Team Purple!!!! Hope everyone near the hurricaine is OK and hope you all have good weekends.....
  • Magic_Girl
    Magic_Girl Posts: 158
    Options

I never liked cottage cheese before, but ever since I tried it with whole grain Melba toast I absolutely love it. I also love vegetable trays and fruit salads! As for exercise...ehh...well I do enjoy using the elliptical and the arc trainer. I enjoy strength/weight training too and I'm starting to see results which is pretty exciting. =)
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    Not sure about the Friday QOTD, but I will be going to bed soon as it is getting late and I have a long day of outdoor work before the Hurricane hits NEPA. I have truly enjoyed this weeks supportive atmosphere and hope we can keep it going . . . have a great weekend everyone :)
  • j99li
    j99li Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    where is friday's question? haha I quite enjoy answering them :)

Hope everyone is doing well with the hurricane!!!!