Who needs motivated? Well ALL ABOARD THE MOTIVATION TRAIN!!🤩🥰

Let's face it, this thing called fitness ain't easy...WE ALL have good & bad days ...but you know what makes them better?! FUN, POSITIVE, INNOVATIVE...EVEN GOOFY..FRIEND! If you have a joke, a recipe, a success story, cautionary tale or advise you want to share...or just need to vent..THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE!
😀🤣😅🤗🤩🤨🤔😝🙃😕😔😤🤯
ALL ARE WELCOME & APPRECIATED.

Replies

• bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    I restarted MFP in April and the first 2 weeks I was 'hangry' :D Has gotten much better and I'm feeling much less hungry now. I also attempt to drink lots of water, in an attempt to 'fool' my stomach. Canned tuna and mackerel have become my go to meals. High protein, low carb, no sugar. Slightly concerned about mercury (I usually buy the Wild Planet brand or 365 brand from Whole Foods and they have a sign posted), but limit to no more than twice a week.
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019 Posts: 935 Member
    Eddie_Ice wrote: »
    Often when I get hunger pains I drink some water. Honestly I'm just fooling myself into thinking it works but it makes my stomach shut up for about 20 min. I'm also trying to have healthy snacks on hand and in small quantities.

On the flip side of that I am working out a lot more these days so that's great! Having exercise add to my calorie count is glorious and a great motivator to work out.

I am sick of going to the bathroom though, I swear with constant water intake comes ridiculous amount of water output.

OH MY GOSH! You are so right though...the added water is such a double edge sword...lol...BUT IT IS ALWAYS the best place to start because we often mistake thirst for hunger! Glad to hear you are getting your fitness/exercise in...sometimes that even holds of the hunger....SOMETIMES...BUT NOT TODAY!😣😫😌
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    On a healthy food plan, we really should not be getting hunger pains. Nope, we have "wants." That is, unless we aren't spreading our calories out during the day. So my suggestions for what works for me - Eating small calorie amounts, often. Making sure to get adequate protein. Making sure to get enough calories. Drinking lots of water. And I've made notes on the days when I feel hungrier toward the afternoon. If I watch carb intake and be sure to include adequate fat in the early part of the day, I do better. Like Eddie_Ice, OMG, I am so tired of going to the bathroom while meeting my water intake goals!

Great advice, hun! I often confuse HEAD HUNGER (eating out of bordem, emotional eating or just eating out of habit) FOR TUMMY HUNGER ( actual physical hinger)..
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    I restarted MFP in April and the first 2 weeks I was 'hangry' :D Has gotten much better and I'm feeling much less hungry now. I also attempt to drink lots of water, in an attempt to 'fool' my stomach. Canned tuna and mackerel have become my go to meals. High protein, low carb, no sugar. Slightly concerned about mercury (I usually buy the Wild Planet brand or 365 brand from Whole Foods and they have a sign posted), but limit to no more than twice a week.

Yes yes, fish is my go too! make sure your fish has the "CERTIFIED WILD CAUGHT" seal on it..Some packages say "wild".. but if you look closer in teeny tiny print it will say farmed...YOU ARE WISE GETTING IT FROM YOUR WHOLE FOOD STORE...GOOD CALL!
  • bjdavidson964
    edited May 2019
    Brilliant! I'm redirecting my desire for a late night snack tonight, even though I have enough calories left to fit it in. I'm not hungry, just want to nibble. But I'm not going to let my 'faulty fuel warning light' trick me. Well maybe a couple spoons of Halo Top 😉
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    I don't know if any one you have tried SAMSUNG HEALTH...BUT OH MY GAWD!!! IT IS AMAZING!!
    It has:
    Weight tracker
    Shows total minutes of activity per day, NOT just while working out
    Also shows total calories burned per day
    Gives cute little words of encouragement and reminders
    Breaks down nutrients in each meal
    Talks to you during work out...I was exhausted doing hills the other day and out of no where I hear something like "almost there, keep going..." & "great job, work out complete" LMBO!! I loved it

🎯WHAT ARE SOME PROGRAMS OR GIZMOS YOU YOU FIND HELPFUL???
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    I don't know if any one you have tried SAMSUNG HEALTH...BUT OH MY GAWD!!! IT IS AMAZING!!
    It has:
    Weight tracker
    Talks to you during work out...I was exhausted doing hills the other day and out of no where I hear something like "almost there, keep going..." & "great job, work out complete" LMBO!! I loved it

I love Samsung Health! I never remember to turn my trackers on and I don't have to with it. Always one step ahead of me :)
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    Brilliant! I'm redirecting my desire for a late night snack tonight, even though I have enough calories left to fit it in. I'm not hungry, just want to nibble. But I'm not going to let my 'faulty fuel warning light' trick me. Well maybe a couple spoons of Halo Top 😉

AWESOME & Great Morning
    I'm so loving this way of thinking.. IT'S SO POWERFUL!
    Ps...what is Halo Top? Dessert?
  • Eddie_Ice
    Eddie_Ice Posts: 115 Member
    It has:
    Weight tracker

MFP has been working pretty well for me and I use a bodybuilding app for my gym time. I wish those two apps synced up but they don't so often my lifting calorie burn is not counted for the day. I run with my Garmin though, and it counts dang near everything moving related and MFP takes that data. I am still getting used to using my Garmin watch, it tracks more data than my last watch and is giving me a lot of areas to improve upon, I enjoy the metrics it provides.
  • bionicpuffy
    bionicpuffy Posts: 93 Member
    have you guys heard of a Youtuber and instragrammer, Jordan Shrinks? She's in her 20s I think and lost 100+ pounds and she discusses her weight loss and maintenance as well as other random things. I think she's hilarious, informative, and honest. I like to watch her videos when I need a pick me up.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Gmtjqs_LnhYQqTx469z0g
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    have you guys heard of a Youtuber and instragrammer, Jordan Shrinks? She's in her 20s I think and lost 100+ pounds and she discusses her weight loss and maintenance as well as other random things. I think she's hilarious, informative, and honest. I like to watch her videos when I need a pick me up.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Gmtjqs_LnhYQqTx469z0g

I like Jordan Shrinks too. She's pragmatic about her weight loss while still very open about her emotional struggles with it, especially with body image.
  • gottswald
    gottswald Posts: 122 Member
    edited May 2019
    I wouldn't call it avoidance though...how about redirection (?)

That is a excellent term for it. You would have been thinking/doing something else but your mind became fixated on this false need. Instead of ceding control and chasing, realize the truth and redirect. Take control of your mind. I wouldn't even attempt to leech energy from the hunger, pay it no heed. Just move on, it means nothing and offers nothing to you.

That is my approach. I am not a mental health professional, counselor, etc. Everyone is different and yet all that trite excrement people offer up once that seemed like so much disingenuous parroting now has become truth. It was upsetting, they didn't understand, things aren't that easy. I needed my challenges to be serious so I could forgive my failure. It was all an excuse. You just do it. In the end, past the learning and the mental noise, taking control it is that simple. The need to motivate yourself is a trap of dependency, just do it. No requirements, no fears, no "when" or "if" statements. Those are all false walls used in your head to delay facing your fear.

I haven't started using any apps or accessories. I am happy with my training, I am just struggling with the right nutrition for me current needs. Like fitness, there are so many competing concepts and beliefs to nutrition. And so many out there peddling and preaching. I think I may end up with a dietitian and a deep dive into micros, but that is my issue and this thread is about others. I'm rebuilding a life and I will not accept my own failure of effort to cost me time in my journey. Mistakes will happen, accept them. But let them be organic and not a result of complacency.

If people are here then they have recognized the need for change. That change only comes from taking control. To quote a favorite author, Tom Robbins, "If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked." You can manage it. There are no "ifs" there. Just decide that you will manage it.

• Eddie_Ice
    Eddie_Ice Posts: 115 Member
    gottswald wrote: »
    I wouldn't call it avoidance though...how about redirection (?)

If people are here then they have recognized the need for change. That change only comes from taking control. To quote a favorite author, Tom Robbins, "If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked." You can manage it. There are no "ifs" there. Just decide that you will manage it.

I have never heard this and I love it, thank you I'm stealing it and pretending to be an intellectual in random conversation.
  • bjdavidson964
    edited May 2019
    Love Samsung Health! That's what I use. I also have the Samsung Go Fit Pro2 watch that it syncs with. They're awesome! Also yes ... Halo Top is a lower fat, lower sugar ice cream ...Yum! So many flavors. I'm a fiend for the Lemon Cake!

halotop.com/flavors The calorie and protein amounts listed are for the entire pint-sized contained...woohoo!