Vegan runner trying to lose weight

Hi,
I recently started running in a final attempt to lose weight. Have been steadily gaining for years with some yoyoing from diets. Now a vegan amd trying to maintain a wfpb lifestyle and started running as well. I need to lose ate least 20-25kg.
However, even if I don't lose enough, being more fit will be a total win.
I run 3x a week and do kickfun/boxing 1x a week.

Melanie

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,567 Member
    Welcome to MFP!
    I'm a member of a group here on MFP of WFPB/vegans. Check it out, and join the conversation if you'd like!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100425-eating-to-live
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Hi Melanie, welcome, I'm vegan too and you can add me if you like, always love more accountability and motivational friends!

I would say the best things to do are:
    - weigh and measure all food. No eyeballing and guess work. Even food labels are up to 10% wrong and its very easy to under estimate 100 calories here or there - but they add up quickly.
    - honest logging. If you fall off the wagon log it all. Then start again tomorrow.
    - MFP exercise log, gym machines and even fit bits etc inaccurately log your calories burnt, most people aim for 50-75% of what their total says to add.
    - don't try to lose too much too soon, it's a marathon not a sprint (running pun intended) and your journey to health and fitness won't be linear. 1-2 lb per week should be plenty.
    - celebrate non scale victories; be it being faster, stronger, more endurance, clothes fitting better, clearer skin, less pain etc