Replies

• workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Name: Patti
    How long in maintenance: 7 1/2 months
    Goal maintenance range: 130-133
    Current weight: 130 pounds, 5’2.5”
    Current goal: 125
    Recent success: just completed my first full week back at eating at my ‘lose 1/2 pound a week’ level.
    Strategy for goal: get back to walking more regularly and continue on at this calorie level to hopefully lose that last 5 pounds.

I maintained well through the holidays but gained about 5 pounds in January and February. Last October, I called maintenance 5 pounds shy of my goal of 125, (after 9 straight months of dieting) and took a break from logging.
  • zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    edited May 2019
    Name: zeejane
    How long in maintenance: 6 years
    Goal maintenance range: 130lbs-135lbs
    Current weight: 129.6lbs
    Current goal: continue transitioning to a LCHF woe

Had my annual physical today. Was overall pleased with my blood work and health screenings.
    Blood pressure was 110/70.
    Blood-work:
    total cholesterol: 170
    HDL: 46 (this is lower than my last check, hoping to get this back up in the high 50s by my next one)
    LDL: 111 (a bit high, most likely reflects my dietary changes)
    Triglycerides: 64
    glucose: 80 (my best reading to date, used to be labeled a pre-diabetic back when I was overweight)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,553 Member
    edited May 2019
    fh1951 wrote: »
    I have been psychoanalyzing myself on the subject of ‘weight range’. At first I thought, ‘I’ll give myself a 10 pound range to stay within.’ After a while, I thought ‘Too wide a range doesn’t give me enough focus’. Next I considered a five pound range, but I thought ‘with a five pound range I’ll probably just settle at the high end of the range’. Then I started thinking ‘my ideal weight is probably somewhere between 180 and 184, so that’s what I’ll make as my range’ But then I started thinking ‘how can my ideal weight be 184 if it can also be 180’? Where I am in my mind now is ‘I need to decide on an ideal weight and try to stay there.’ However, I am human so I can expect to drift above it from time to time. When I get more than 2 pounds (3,4 5...???) above I will go on a campaign to get back down to it again. Now I am going back and forth with myself about what my ideal weight is. I have not reached a satisfying conclusion. I wore myself out thinking about this, time for a nap 😴

You are not married to whichever number you start with <though I would watch for creep in an unwanted direction>. As to the size of the range it does depend a lot on your customary fluctuations.

The past twelve months my trending weight has diverged up to 4.1 lbs while my scale weight hit a 6.3 lbs range. Trendweight.com still views all this as within their "green band' around goal weight which they've set at +/- 2.5 lbs of weight trend.

Due to my relatively low scale fluctuation range I've set my mental band to +/- 2lbs of weight trend and I am glad that I am reacting within this slightly smaller range.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    fh1951 wrote: »
    I have been psychoanalyzing myself on the subject of ‘weight range’. At first I thought, ‘I’ll give myself a 10 pound range to stay within.’ After a while, I thought ‘Too wide a range doesn’t give me enough focus’. Next I considered a five pound range, but I thought ‘with a five pound range I’ll probably just settle at the high end of the range’. Then I started thinking ‘my ideal weight is probably somewhere between 180 and 184, so that’s what I’ll make as my range’ But then I started thinking ‘how can my ideal weight be 184 if it can also be 180’? Where I am in my mind now is ‘I need to decide on an ideal weight and try to stay there.’ However, I am human so I can expect to drift above it from time to time. When I get more than 2 pounds (3,4 5...???) above I will go on a campaign to get back down to it again. Now I am going back and forth with myself about what my ideal weight is. I have not reached a satisfying conclusion. I wore myself out thinking about this, time for a nap 😴

You are not married to whichever number you start with <though I would watch for creep in an unwanted direction>. As to the size of the range it does depend a lot on your customary fluctuations.

The past twelve months my trending weight has diverged up to 4.1 lbs while my scale weight hit a 6.3 lbs range. Trendweight.com still views all this as within their "green band' around goal weight which they've set at +/- 2.5 lbs of weight trend.

Due to my relatively low scale fluctuation range I've set my mental band to +/- 2lbs of weight trend and I am glad that I am reacting within this slightly smaller range.

Nope.. no longer married to my "goal" weight... lol @PAV8888
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited May 2019
    I've been AWOL from this thread..possibly since April!! oops!
    Not finding it easy sticking to 1700 cals a day - which is the magic number for me to lose 0.5lbs a week on...so no surprise, I'm still at 130/1 which is the top end of my range.
    The good news is two of my UK size 8 dresses from last year still fit perfectly and they don't have any give in the fabric so thats a good sign.
    Potentially I'm holding on to water because I've been on anti inflammatory meds for a few weeks now but I still need to get back to proper deficit and be consistent. I've not seen 130/131 in two years.... and I hadn't wanted to see it again but it is what it is...sighhhh
    (6 years in maintenance)