I'm back. Again. and trying to reach out.

Options
Hey everyone,
its been a couple of years since my "mass transformation." ok. 4. its been 4 years. I did so well. I was so happy and empowered and... and now I'm so frustrated with myself for going back down the same old roads.. for getting out of the gym and into the cupcakes, chips, pizza, rum, insert various whatever-elses here... I've undone all my hardwork. I'm kicking my own *kitten*, and then getting sad at how mean I am to myself.
I know I can do these things because I Have. The difference is; in times I have been successful, I've had a coach. and honestly... said coach really didn't have to even do much other than be there to listen when I needed someone to *kitten* to, complain to, or confess to... the other stuff is the easy part.. I know what I "should" do... its the moral support and cheerleading I need help with.
I'm Courtney. Lifelong struggle with fluctuating weight even though I've never been obese... Just fighting, with the same 10-20lbs since ... birth haha!
Endormorph who preached body-for-life through highschool, contemplated personal training and thinks EVERY woman should be lifting weights...
This got long but I'm reaching out. I'm in Canada, and I've actually been on here since the start of the 2015 Journey but didn't use the community much.!

Replies

• foxytrotter82
    foxytrotter82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar place, restarting after a few years. I had a major transformation 6 years ago, and then had a baby, lost weight again, and then started working full-time and gained it ALL BACK plus extra. WTF.

I do so much better with a support system as well, the rest of the diet and exercise I get and know what works for me, it's the support that I don't have this time.

I'll be your friend. :) I'm in BC Canada.
  • hcalhoun22
    hcalhoun22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am coming back to MFP as well, I previously lost 50+ pounds using MFP but somewhere down the line I fell off of the wagon. I had two babies and struggled with shedding a few extra pounds. I never used the online community on here either but am willing to give it a try this go round.
  • Peaches160
    Peaches160 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm starting again... I lost alot of weigh using mfp about 3 yrs ago and regained it. Looking to lose 50 lbs. I'm definitely looking for some great buddies 😊
  • csilverthorn22
    csilverthorn22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sounds good nice to meet you
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,888 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off this site since 2009...I had a bad habit of giving up and deleting my accounts(no more of that nonsense) I need this more than ever..I was recently diagnosed with type II diabetes (which my A1C is now 6.1 which is terrific news from my Dr.) and I have over 100 lbs to lose again...Feel free to add me would love to support you on your journey :)
  • mcdelong29
    mcdelong29 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar boat of trying to figure out how to lose the weight I had once lost and now gained back. And then trying to learn how to make those habits stick for life! Please feel free to add me! And what a cute dog!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Hello @csilverthorn22 perhaps you need to find your middle ground between this
    Hey everyone,
    its been a couple of years since my "mass transformation." ok. 4. its been 4 years. I did so well. I was so happy and empowered
    and this
    for getting out of the gym and into the cupcakes, chips, pizza, rum, insert various whatever-elses here...

The hardest part of weight management isn't losing weight - it's maintaining the loss, why? because more often than not what gets us through weight loss isn't sustainable when life throws a few curve balls at you. A lot of people have an all-or-nothing attitude when it comes to weight loss.

Whilst I agree with you on the point that everyone should lift weights or do some sort of strength training for health (if they can), as life gets in the way having a rigid gym routine can be difficult to keep up and if we don't adjust what we're doing in the kitchen then it will obviously have a negative effect on weight management.

Also just on the Endomorph thing, somatypes have long been debunked. The community is a great place for info/ranting/sharing without having to shell out for a coach, hope it helps you get back into the swing of things.
  • RestinPFunk
    RestinPFunk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’m returning too after the weight has crept back up... it’s only about 10 pounds now but I know where it’ll lead. I’ll be your friend! I could use more community and accountability this time around. It’s tough when you don’t know if the same 10-20 is making a difference to anyone else.
  • AimeeLGosse
    AimeeLGosse Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! You are more then welcome to add me as a friend...I have no idea how to do it haha :) I was diagnosed with diabetes 5 years ago. I decided on the non medication route- with a super supportive husband and family- to start and see how I could do. Nothing went into my mouth without being tracked. I lost 50+ pounds, and when my blood was taken, I registered as a non diabetic. But...reality is, you CAN gain weight by eating healthy and proper food! So I've gained over 20 pounds back...and that alone has my sugar up again. My hair is falling out again (🙄)...so smartening up I go!! I eat low carb, exercise a ton and am tracking every single bite and monitoring my sugar regularily. SO much work as we all know...but soooo worth it!!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    One of the biggest things I've learned while in maintenance is to weigh yourself every day. Have an absolutely-will-not-go-over weight and if you creep over it, tighten things up.

The problem with weight loss is the loss part is easy, the maintaining the loss is the hardest.

You've got this!
  • csilverthorn22
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Hello @csilverthorn22 perhaps you need to find your middle ground between this
    Hey everyone,
    its been a couple of years since my "mass transformation." ok. 4. its been 4 years. I did so well. I was so happy and empowered
    and this
    for getting out of the gym and into the cupcakes, chips, pizza, rum, insert various whatever-elses here...

The hardest part of weight management isn't losing weight - it's maintaining the loss, why? because more often than not what gets us through weight loss isn't sustainable when life throws a few curve balls at you. A lot of people have an all-or-nothing attitude when it comes to weight loss.

Whilst I agree with you on the point that everyone should lift weights or do some sort of strength training for health (if they can), as life gets in the way having a rigid gym routine can be difficult to keep up and if we don't adjust what we're doing in the kitchen then it will obviously have a negative effect on weight management.

Also just on the Endomorph thing, somatypes have long been debunked. The community is a great place for info/ranting/sharing without having to shell out for a coach, hope it helps you get back into the swing of things.

Hi Thanks,

I actually didn't have a 'strict' anything. some girl walked into my coach and said "I've lost 8lbs on herba-whatever... no dairy , no this no that no sauces" my coach replied "This is courtney, she's lost 12 and eats what she wants." moderation works; self deprivation does not. I drank on the weekends, tracked and put my ice cream or whatever else in when I wanted... the major difference was the support, and, accountability. While I don't follow a lot of research necessarily to be 'up to date" I wouldn't agree that there is nothing to be said for body types at all, I've seen too much evidence on the contrary and it seems like a long standing thing - I'm not old enough for it to have been all the rave and now simply not exist :smile: - For me, stress and mental health is literally my biggest challenge. which is also why I feel that a gym routine is important - not just for weighloss. I also didn't have a rigid thing with that either - I didn't work out on weekends, and I never spent longer than 45 minutes in the gym.
  • csilverthorn22
    Options
    I am in the same boat! You are more then welcome to add me as a friend...I have no idea how to do it haha :) I was diagnosed with diabetes 5 years ago. I decided on the non medication route- with a super supportive husband and family- to start and see how I could do. Nothing went into my mouth without being tracked. I lost 50+ pounds, and when my blood was taken, I registered as a non diabetic. But...reality is, you CAN gain weight by eating healthy and proper food! So I've gained over 20 pounds back...and that alone has my sugar up again. My hair is falling out again (🙄)...so smartening up I go!! I eat low carb, exercise a ton and am tracking every single bite and monitoring my sugar regularily. SO much work as we all know...but soooo worth it!!

Sent you a message and request
  • csilverthorn22
    Options
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    One of the biggest things I've learned while in maintenance is to weigh yourself every day. Have an absolutely-will-not-go-over weight and if you creep over it, tighten things up.

The problem with weight loss is the loss part is easy, the maintaining the loss is the hardest.

You've got this!

Thanks!
    yeah I have mixed feelings on weighing everyday... while I agree on the accountability piece... here's the catch for me: if I gain ; i have a *kitten* day and beat the hell out of myself; then I get depressed, panic and get into a pattern of stress and self cristicism which inevitably is the opposite of motivational... EVEN IF prior to getting on the scale I was feeling good. It actually leads to emotional eating, spiked cortisol levels and ultimately more weight gain, and thus.. it starts again and becomes a VICIOUS cycle. Weight only tells one piece of the story anyways and even though logically I know this, when I see those numbers, it wreaks havoc on my mental states. I'm working with a really good book that talks about weight loss for women specifically and how hormones and emotions impact us. I weight myself last week, and wont weigh for a bit until I'm done the book..
  • Okie_Gal82
    Okie_Gal82 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We have huskies too!!!!
  • MuscleKrush
    MuscleKrush Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    We've a been there. This is my fourth time on MFP. Good luck
  • csilverthorn22
    Options
    I'm feeling a little better. I was up walking dogs yesterday and today and actually tracking here on MFP. I am not getting on the scale right now because I fear it will wreck my happy vibes, but I'm "feeling" like things are already moving. it has always amazed me that though its hard to start, small changes over a couple of days can absolutely make a difference!
    How is everyone else doing today?!?!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you, trying hard to get back into a good thing. You can do this - I know you can!
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Glad you are having a good day! I have 48 lbs gone... still a ways to go. Gained so much weight when I had my kids. This is the lowest my weight has been since I was 19 and that is helping keep me motivated. I am trying to keep active on here so I don't lose my momentum and have it be habit to come on here and track. It seems like once I derail it is a masterful destruction :)
  • AimeeLGosse
    AimeeLGosse Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Jamie2663 wrote: »
    It seems like once I derail it is a masterful destruction :)

Yes this is so true for me also!!! Even one bite of something I shouldn't have can bring it on (such as creamy mashed potatoes 🙄).