Gained weight and feel horrible.

I worked my butt off last summer to loose over 20lbs just to gain it all back plus another 10 lbs this winter. I feel absolutely horrible about my self image. I'm getting back on track but I'm feeling really down and overwhelmed.

Replies

• AdaMaraNma
    AdaMaraNma Posts: 27 Member
    That really sucks and I know the feeling. But maybe this time, once you've gotten back on track, you'll look even better than you did last time!
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,326 Member
    I'm releasing the 17 I lost before my hip replacements--and it is going away! (it took me two years to regain it, and it is coming off faster than that!)
  • CheJ629
    CheJ629 Posts: 1 Member
    It’s really hard when that happens. You feel bad about yourself physically and emotionally. But, when it has happened to me, I’ve tried to get started again with baby steps. You can get going again! One of my favorite quotes/sayings is that “the time is going to pass anyway” so I figure I might as well try to get back on track since the days will go by regardless. Good luck, you can manage this!
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    I had previously regained 30 pounds of a total 40 pounds lost. It took from 2015 to present to lose the weight gained. The difference this time is that I log and use a food scale.

You can lose the weight again; just be patient and don’t beat yourself up about it.

I have seen this debated in the community; but start appreciating yourself at your present weight; don’t wait for a specific number on the scale.
  • Nixoncat1
    Nixoncat1 Posts: 22 Member
    I’ve lost 15 pounds twice...here we go again!
  • Ducks47
    Ducks47 Posts: 131 Member
    Honey, don't worry! You're back on track... I've been in a similar boat. I gained back 15 lbs maybe a year ago. I was mortified. I've since gotten back on track and lost it. You've recognized it and are working on it. That's all you can do. Don't be too hard on yourself.
  • hermunfred123
    hermunfred123 Posts: 1 Member
    I lost 15 pounds it took me 6months I ate good & exercised. I gained 12 pounds back in 3 months & am still doing the same exercising 5 days a week an eat right ,Help i dont know what is going on
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    Take it one day at a time and try not to beat yourself up. You're a work in progress and it's important to accept yourself as you are, overweight or not. If you aren't kind to yourself, who will be? You've lost the weight before, you know what to do. Being on here and posting is a great first step! Now start logging what you eat and make sustainable changes. You are worth it! One thing I've read on these boards that resonated with me is that time will pass no matter what you do. Wouldn't you rather be working toward bettering yourself each day versus letting time pass?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    I lost 15 pounds it took me 6months I ate good & exercised. I gained 12 pounds back in 3 months & am still doing the same exercising 5 days a week an eat right ,Help i dont know what is going on

Are you tracking your calorie intake? Logging everything?
    Using a food scale?

You can eat “good” and “right” (whatever that means) and still gain weight if you aren’t in a calorie deficit.
  • mtzrose2001
    mtzrose2001 Posts: 62 Member
    AdaMaraNma wrote: »
    That really sucks and I know the feeling. But maybe this time, once you've gotten back on track, you'll look even better than you did last time!

I'm looking forward to loosing the weight again. I feel so much more confident and healthy.
  • mtzrose2001
    CheJ629 wrote: »
    It’s really hard when that happens. You feel bad about yourself physically and emotionally. But, when it has happened to me, I’ve tried to get started again with baby steps. You can get going again! One of my favorite quotes/sayings is that “the time is going to pass anyway” so I figure I might as well try to get back on track since the days will go by regardless. Good luck, you can manage this!

I like that quote. It's true, I'll get where I want to be just stay consistent. Thanks
  • mtzrose2001
    robertw486 wrote: »
    It happens to a lot of people. Just learn from your mistakes and move on with your plan. Nobody gains weight overnight, and nobody loses it overnight.

For a lot of people maintaining a healthy weight is much more difficult than losing the way to begin with. There are some good threads to help if you want to stay at a certain weight this time.

You're right! I lost the most weight last summer that I ever have in my life. I know how and had a lot of practice. I can do it again and learn how to keep it off during the winter. Thanks.
  • mtzrose2001
    AdaMaraNma wrote: »

I can't wait to start getting my confidence back. It helps to talk to others that go through the same thing.
  • msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Sorry to hear that. Living in Wisconsin the winters cause that type of impact...I understand your struggles. Please feel free to add me to support you in your journey
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    been there...done that....I also hated myself..how could I have let this happen :(
    BUT my best advice is take 1 day at a time...you didnt gain the weight back over night and won't lose it either (quickly)
    but if u work out and count cals..IT WILL HAPPEN
    Hang in there

kim
  • mtzrose2001
    ginnytez wrote: »
    I'm releasing the 17 I lost before my hip replacements--and it is going away! (it took me two years to regain it, and it is coming off faster than that!)
    I have also had some injuries set me back. Once I had to be immobile for so long and work to get my mobility back, I appreciate it a whole lot more! I hope I can make a good comeback too!
  • chrissytina914
    chrissytina914 Posts: 1 Member
    I worked so hard last year to lose weight for my destination wedding and was finally in a shape that I felt happy at....then i got pregnant immediately and gained over 50 lbs! I lost some, but still have over 30 lbs to go. I hate how i feel and feel like I am so far away from my goal. I just try to take it one day at a time, but it’s so hard! Good luck !
  • mtzrose2001
    Suuzanne37 wrote: »
    I had previously regained 30 pounds of a total 40 pounds lost. It took from 2015 to present to lose the weight gained. The difference this time is that I log and use a food scale.

You can lose the weight again; just be patient and don’t beat yourself up about it.

I have seen this debated in the community; but start appreciating yourself at your present weight; don’t wait for a specific number on the scale.

I believe I can do it again. I've been consistent for 10 days now. Getting back on track feels great! It's hard to appreciate my appearance right now. I try but I'm seriously uncomfortable in my own body. The weight makes my back hurt, slows me down and doesn't let me complete at the level I need to, and I just feel unhealthy and unattractive in general at this weight. The more I take care of my body, the more confident I start to feel however. Thanks for the tip. I think I'll try to stay consistent with the logging this time around.