JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @Faebert, poor you - I hope you've note done any proper harm when you fell and the soreness wears off quickly.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Wednesday May 29

Log accurately and catch up from yesterday
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge

The morning's escaping, I had a lie in, late breakfast and now I'm sitting with a cup of tea. I need to get moving and tackle some housework!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Good Morning! I got exactly what I needed-a great nights sleep. Looking forward to the day, I have lunch plans with a dear friend, a new client meeting and she sounds lovely, plus a new listing that I'm excited about hitting the market. Feeling positive and so much better physically.

JFT 5/29
    Max out points for apple watch Challenge
    90 minutes exercise
    stay in the green-healthy choices
    Mindful eating
    5 minutes meditation
    Stretch before and after exercise
    Drink water-fill bottle twice
    Make Dentist appt for Daughter
    Make dinner at home
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Gym👍
    3. Meditate 👍
    4. Drink 150oz water👍
    5. One healthy snack after dinner 👎
    6. No cake👎 but only half a slice so I don’t feel terrible about it

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Workout at home
    4. One healthy snack after dinner
    5. Meditate
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. AM run: 2 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: Enter projects. Grade late work and enter.
    3. Check on student to make up final. Enter comments and codes.
    4. Align assessments to OW units. Count books.
    5. Review grades. Check and sign. Fill out form.
    6. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Library to return/check out. Close account at Y.
    8. Begin phone research. Make quinoa salad: quinoa, farro, spinach, tomatoes, onions, olives. Celery? CHEESE.
    9. Therapy exercises at 8:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00.

JFT Wednesday
    1. AM run: 2 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM. FINISH READING S. Take salad for potluck.
    2. Sign in at front. BRING FORM. Meet with M and bring papers. Update WM project directions.
    3. Draw room layout and magnet to board. Put student work for lamination in cabinet. LABEL. File laminated standard copies. Put student saved work on top of cabinet. LABEL. Put all files in filing cabinet. Take all cords home.
    4. Send D to library. Align assessments to OW units.
    5. Get form signed. Collect all cords. Call park about Saturday.
    6. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Discussion comments. Collect articles for essay.
    8. Head to Z's! Schedule assessments for Fall 2019.
    9. Therapy exercises at 8:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00. Update Goodreads Friday. Theater Friday evening.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 191.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away.

WFTY: Climbing.
    Positive thought: Almost there.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning! I have to go into work early to help my boss out, he's got some important people coming in today.

At 5:30 we are going to meet the realtor, I want my husband to see the house that I think would be perfect for us. I was showing him the pictures and he seemed pretty inspired by all the upgrades he could do over time. Then as we're falling asleep he's like "I don't see what you need 3 bedrooms for, 2 is more than fine". I tried explaining that we want to start having kids.. Ideally TWO of them.. And he's like "yeah well babies don't take up any space". 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ LOL I know he's partially messing around but partially serious.. But I am NOT budging on that. If it's in our price range then what's the issue..

@AJB1014 (I hope I got the username right, it's on the previous page and I can't see it anymore LOL) you look beautiful in your dress!!!!

@Faebert So sorry you fell, I hope you are ok!

Yesterday 5/28:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞 no but only went about 100 over and I felt in control again, so that's a big improvement
    3. Go for a walk at lunch 😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😞
    5. Cook dinner😁
    6. Pick up minimal groceries and vitamins😁
    7. Get prescription refilled😞 totally forgot

JFT 5/28:
    1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Workout after work
    6. Get prescription refilled
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    @asclepsia Hi! Good to see you this morning! Awesome news about your decreased cholesterol at your checkup! I've not heard of a pipe organ guild test. Pipe organ music is beautiful so I'll bet it was an incredible experience! Thanks for checking in. You've been missed!

@Faebert I hope you didn't hurt yourself too badly! Is it a muscle strain in your torso, or did you sprain an ankle? Regardless, I hope you allow yourself to heal and don't push too hard. Trust me....I'm the Queen of Mishaps...listen to your body if it says to rest! Hugs! xoxo

@aubyshortcake I hope your husband likes the house! Good luck! House shopping is so exciting!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Getting ready for work and wanted to post some goals. I'm going to keep it realistic since I know I won't be able to do much yet and don't want to set myself up for failure.

Just for Wednesday
    • Journal every bite I put in my mouth...every piece of taffy or tootsie role. Rememeber, this is what put you into the red yesterday!
    • HYDRATE!!! Not kidding. Drink water, not just coffee.
    • Make mindful choices
    • Take a lunch break today. Get away from the desk. Run to JoAnn Fabrics or something.
    • Positive self-talk. No tearing yourself down today.
    • Be kind to others even if they are unkind to you. Walk away from gossip.
    • Listen to podcasts: Joyce Meyer / Half Size Me / Phit n Phat
    • Activity: 250 steps/hr | Step goal | 30 minutes activity today (break into 10 minutes each if needed)

Have a lovely day everyone! ~Peace~ <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    JFT - Tuesday May 28 - Determined
    2.5L of water - :)
    Calories in green - :/
    Walk 1 Mile - :)
    Squats - 0
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 0/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - None
    5 something at bathroom break - :/
    Something on commercials - Didn't turn the tv on all day
    Write in Journal - :)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - :)

JFT - Wednesday May 29 - Determined
    2.5L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I had such a great day with Kaitlyn yesterday, she picked me up around 11 and dropped me off at 1030 last night. We accomplished so much! We found shoes for the flower girls, pants, bow ties and suspenders for the ring bearers. Got all of the stuff except two things to make the gifts for the bridal party. Bought some things to make some decorations. Ordered all of the flowers. We walked 6.8 kms by the time we were done last night.

I went to bed after she texted me that she was home safe and sound, but then couldn't sleep so read for a bit. Woke up at 415 this morning, tried to get back to sleep, read some more and am now up at 6AM!!! I hope I can get a nap in at some point today, as this will be a long day if I don't.

I don't know why I couldn't sleep, I think a big part of it is worrying about enough money to cover everything we have coming up. Kaitlyn and Brodey are paying for most things, but we are covering some and it's all the nickle and dimes that add up. It will all come together I know it, I just need to stop the worry so I can enjoy this time.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Wednesday JFT:

▪Pack work lunches
    ▪8 am, get tire fixed
    ▪Breakfast
    ▪Maintain baby's daily schedule
    ▪Log Food / Stay under calorie limit
    ▪Devotional Time
    ▪Laundry / cleaning
    ▪Organize garage & prepare for move
    ▪Grocery Shop➡️Costco,WM (forgot a few items)
    ▪Lunch
    ▪Exercise (x1 DVD)
    ▪Take hubby dinner bc he will be working late at his jobsite
    ▪Dinner
    ▪Evening schedule
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    @ajb1014 You look stunning in the dress. Fits perfect and I love the design.

Yesterday's trip to the grocery store wiped me out! I ended up taking a nearly 3 hour nap. Currently a bit of a disconnect between what my mind would like to do and what my body is up for.

JFT 5/29/19
    PT appointment at 9:30
    Pack for trip - we'll leave at 8:00 tomorrow
    Pretrack to 1600 calories
    Rest and read
    Drink more water
    No snacking or wine after dinner

Hope everyone has a good day.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Recap 5/28 T ~ Rest day & nurse practitioner appt. before work
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Lost track of time at work & home but tried. Fitbit 7,676 steps, 250+ 11/14 & 25 floors :neutral:
    2) Prelog meals & snacks / trying new recipe for supper, not really sure how it goes / net calories zero / 14c water = Love new rice/sesame oil/seasoning from vendor at farmers market, it was easy & I did like they had their samples and added fresh asparagus ~ yum! Had with fresh salmon, also from farmers market. Not bad for a rest day: net cals -226, sodium -27 (yay), sugar green 4 (win), fiber ok, protein good, 11c water :/
    3) To-do's: reschedule HRA :D did but later realized I need to re-reschedule ~ thank goodness Glory likes me & is understanding / schedule next massage no time / mail belated bday card forgot to address envelope before leaving work / check/refill birdfeeders :smiley: boiled syrup & refilled hummer, safflower & nyjer feeders / balance bank accts :smile: / schedule bill pay & make xfer :smile: / update budget s/s no time / try on new pants delivered (keep or return?) / wash dishes :smile: / other? updated May step challenge log for 2 weeks :smile: / sorted thru Sunday ads :smile:
    4) Unplug 9:00 :neutral: mostly / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / set/verify 5:45 alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (walk dog before work W) :/

Yesterday it was good to get back to my daily habits ~ thanks, JFT!

JFT 5/29 W
    1) Walked dog before work 3.41 mi 1:00:40 & saw 12 turkeys in usual area / stretched after = happy dog & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks already prelogged (win) & have some wiggle room ~ love exercise calories! No snacks after supper / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) To-do's: re-reschedule HRA / schedule massage / update budget s/s / review Frontier catalog & order? / bank for farmers market cash (vendors love that I pay with small bills) / mail belated bday card / try on new pants (keep or return?) / other? maybe sort laundry for R?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify 5:45 alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (walk dog before work R)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,193 Member
    edited May 2019
    I am SO SO far behind on reading up on posts! The past 2 months of my life have been way too busy. First, we had workers working on a large erosion ditch behind our house ... laying in underground piping, etc. The city luckly is paying to have all this done, but it has disrupted our lives so much. It still is not finished.
    Then we had 5 large trees cut down in our yards and common ground area. So its bringing in bags of dirt to fill the holes, cleaning up stuff, etc.
    Then, I am in charge of new landscaping for our subdivision entryway. It was all laid out, but when the landscaper did the work, nothing done according to their plans. Part of it is my fault for not being there to watch them, but we have been swamped with work, so I just was unable to be there. This is what happens when you trust someone too much. They were mainly suppose to bring in a lot of fresh dirt, and that did not happen. They just stuck things in the ground in hard clay. So .. today they are going to come out and replant the plants with fresh dirt. So I have been stressed about that.
    Our daughter has been staying with us more and more. She just cries and cries. The doctor refuses to increase her antidepressant, and when someone is in a deep state of depression, there is nothing they want to do. My husband and I keep trying, and it is hard, and also takes a toll on us.
    I am still going to weight watchers, but quitting soon. My 3 months were up, so I went to cancel, and they gave me a month for free. The meetings help to restart after a hard week, but really, this site is probably better because of good friends. My problem is just finding the time at the end of the day to post, and morning is too crazy.
    But I think of you all often... and hope to get better at posting my goals in the evening.
    But I am down 15 pounds since joining WW, but I am still not where I was last year at this time. No matter the plan, losing weight takes so much patience and commitment. It is learning how to replace bad habits with good habits. How to restart after a bad day. How to not give up.

So my goals for today
    1. log my food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. mindful eating
    4. protein every snack and meal
    5. 5+ fruits and veggies
    6. since no gym today ... go for a walk tonite
    7. get back on here ... be accountable!

"DISCIPLINE"[/i]. Because I know that is what I need ... the discipline to do mindful eating, the discipline to look up calories ahead of time, the discipline to get to the gym regularly, the discipline to drink my water, and the discipline to never give up.[/i][/b]
    Weekly Weigh - in
    5'11" tall
    68 yrs old
    Goal weight: 170

Year 2017
    Jan 1: 217
    Feb 1: 211
    March 1: 205.4
    April 1: 202.6
    May 1: 204.6
    June 1: 200.4
    July 1: 199.2
    August 1: 195.6
    Sept 1: 192.8
    October 1: 191.8
    November 1: 187.7
    December 1: 193.5

Year 2018
    January 1: 195.5
    Feb 1 : 190.2
    March 1 : 193.6
    April 1: 197.6
    May 1: 197.2
    June 1: 194.6
    July 1: 189.8
    August 1: 190.7
    Sept 1: 194.7
    October 1: 196.6
    November 5: 200.1
    December 3: 200.0
    Dec 15: 207

Every year from Halloween until New Years I seem to gain weight. It is a combination of seasonal depression/ missing loved ones (having lost 4 of my siblings who I was very close to), and just missing the big family get togethers. Upset with myself, but I feel uncontrollable in this ... this is one of my main goals to learn this new year.

Year 2019
    January 1, 2019: 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    Feb 8: 206.6 --- my own fault.
    Feb 25: 204.2
    March 4: 205 - joined WW for 3 months to kick start my weight loss.
    March 11: 201.4
    March 25: 198.6
    April 1: 196.8 - Missed my goal by almost 7 pounds, but at least going in the right direction finally!
    April 8: 195.6
    April 15: 196.4
    April 22: 196
    April 29: 196
    May 5: 195
    May 19: 193.3
    May 26: 192

Non-scale related goals 2019:
    1. learn how to stop/control binge eating
    2. learn how to manage stress/emotional eating
    3. keep up a gratitude journal everyday
    4. consistently learn and be better at planning meals for the week .... make this a regular thing to do
    5. consistently continue with exercising 5x a week. Be more confident in how I look.
    6. make drinking water a daily habit ... not something I have to work at.
    7. Reach my goal weight .... then learn how to maintain it!! -- DO not gain weight at the end of the year!

Weight goals 2019:
    Feb: 200 -- Almost made this goal!
    March: 195
    April: 190 -- 1st Mini Goal in time for our 43rd wedding anniversary!!
    May: 185
    June: 180 -- 2nd mini goal
    July: 175-- 4th of July party at our sons
    August: 170 -- GOAL REACHED!!!!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    @PackerFanInGB here are some photos of farmers market buys. You're right, not a lot of produce yet, but plenty of asparagus, rhubarb, green onions, spring mix (salad greens), greenhouse tomatoes, eggs, SuzyQ fish, among my favorites. Our 2 rain barrels were purchased at different times. One came from Sam's Club, maybe the other from Home Depot.
    50kinvau1ab8.jpg
    uu3sehvikcg0.jpg
    9d8u5xfccznq.jpg
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Ongoing Goals
    Rake up more magnolia leaves ✔
    Declutter mudroom ✔
    Declutter spare bedroom ✔
    Store away spare bed linens ✔
    Laundry in basement
    Hyundai being picked up Weds 5/29 ✔
    Pick up dress Fri 5/24 ✔
    Hearty annuals for planters under deck
    Pick up sticks under wisteria arbor
    Cut plywood for tabletop
    Tablecloths for ceremony table/grill/snack table
    Snack/drink table decor mock up
    Apply for marriage license
    Finalize ceremony
    Photography timeline
    Call Inn with questions re: music/decor/ceremony space plan b ✔
    Nail appointment
    Facial Friday 5/31 10:30AM
    Mulch front yard
    Trap rock under front porch
    Pressure wash back deck
    Paint back deck
    Paint handrails on front deck
    Pressure wash garage doors
    Weed gardens
    Put out bird bath
    Ortho outside

JFT
    1. Log all food 👎
    2. Drink Smoothie ✔
    3. Waters NOW 👎
    4. Bed by 9:30 ✔

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. One water per hour
    3. Eat lunch
    4. Hard boil eggs
    5. Mini meal plan
    6. Grocery list
    7. Cook dinner at home
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    purwonder wrote: »
    I have been consistently losing 2lbs per week. I am doing everything that I need to and seeing the results I expected. Yet, I feel emotionally “meh”. Why? I don’t know. I have a long weight loss journey before me. I somehow need to find motivation.

@purwonder I experienced the same feelings last time I was loosing, then gaining weight back. A year later I came across a video in which lady sad something that resonated strongly with me. Paraphrased, it was something like this: if you fix your body, but stick with your thought patterns and negative self-talk, weight loss can make you feel even more insecure and unhappy, and it's just a question of time when you'll gain the weight back.
    When I was at my highest weight, I rarely looked myself in the mirror in the underwear. As I started to lose weight I started to evaluate my body almost daily and I felt fatter than when I was at my peek. Also, somehow I expected that magically all my other problems will be solved with weight loss.
    This time, when I start to have this negative self-talk - like, oh how much fat I still have, how big I am, or how I just don't care, etc. I try to stop myself and I try to force myself to think something nice and to give my self a compliment. (I don't say it aloud, but I feel better even with just thinking it).

Also, some kind of vision board can be helpful or finding some inspiring youtube channels. I like phit-and-phat's "beaching and preaching" as she often covers some real-life struggles instead of losing weight in ideal conditions.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that you're obviously doing great, don't let the small setback in motivation discourage you from keep doing awesome. :) Losing weight is something worth doing!
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member

JFT 29/5 Wednesday

1. Log all food & drink :smile:
    2. Stay under calorie target :smile:
    3. Take at least 5500 steps :disappointed: Hit 3.8k steps, today was a wheelie day
    4. Stay focused and have fun :smile:

JFT 30/5 Thursday

1. Log all food & drink
    2. Stay under calorie target
    3. Take at least 5500 steps
    4. Stay focused and have fun