is a couch 2 5 k graduate!!!

Options
On Wednesday I posted about my 'epic fail' I previously had managed all runs without giving up. Wednesday I didnt give up, but I was in a lot of pain and barely managed 2miles.

Thanks to everyones encouragment I received!

Today I am a c25k graduate. I completed week 9 day 3. And to top it all of I ran the whole 5k!!! AMAZING!!!

I am proud of myself. Will continue running week 9 day 3 a couple more times, then will move onto bridge to 10k!!!!

YAY!

Replies

• vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I'm on week 3, and it's great to know that people actually finish :) Inspiring!
  • Prestonsmumma
    Prestonsmumma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    thats amazing well done and congrats!!! cant wait to get that feeling myself im on wk7 day3 so not long to go really!!!

Again well done!! :drinker:
  • Sheeshy
    Sheeshy Posts: 133
    Options
    Yay for you!!! I love couch 2 5k and someday I hope to complete it! haha! Too hot in TX this summer, so all my workouts are indoors. Congratulations for finishing the program!
  • AlmostMrsP
    AlmostMrsP Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing!! It's great to hear stories of people doing it!

I just did week 4 day 3 today. I even stepped it up and ran 8 min straight just because I could - it was such a great feeling to accomplish that.

My fiance is a C25K graduate too. Watching him progress really motivated me to get off my butt and do it too.
  • jhungate
    jhungate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I started as a Couch to 5k person myself and now average 40-45 miles a week and about 25 on my bike. Running is a great cardio, the equipment costs are minimal and you can do it anywhere. Keep up the good work!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say that Couch 2 5k saved my life!!!! I finished it last summer and now train for a 1/2 marathon and I'm even thinking of a 25k next spring and maybe a marathon after that!!! Great job at completing the program. The skies the limit for you now!!!!
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!! Look at you!
  • batlou
    batlou Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Congrats from a fellow grad. Of course the next logical step is to move to a 10K now, right?
  • RamblingRo
    RamblingRo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's wonderful! I am starting week 2 of the program today. :)
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    YAY!!! So there is light at the end of the C25K tunnel :laugh:

I cannot wait until I get to week 9! I am currently on W4D2 (yesterday), but I think I might stay with W4 one more week to feel confident about completing it. I am afraid...no no TERRIFIED, of doing the 20minute jog in W5!

CONGRATS! :drinker:

M.:heart:
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • lrodriguez83
    Options
    Congrats to you!!!! I am a graduate this week too!!!
    Amazing how that program can change lives!
    Good for you for sticking with it!!!
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!!! I love couch 2 5k and someday I hope to complete it! haha! Too hot in TX this summer, so all my workouts are indoors. Congratulations for finishing the program!

CONGRATS!!! I hope to complete it too; I keep going back to week 1. I'm in DAllas and the heat is TERRIBLE and it just makes me feel drained and extremely exhausted more than usual.
  • joimichele
    joimichele Posts: 382
    Options
    I hope to be like you one day! Congrats!
  • liberaltendencies
    liberaltendencies Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm on week three. This is so inspiring!
  • Runninginafatsuit
    Runninginafatsuit Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know you are proud!
  • vlc1979
    vlc1979 Posts: 227
    Options
    Amazing accomplishment!!! I graduate next Friday!!
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am on D2 W3. When I think about running a whole 5K it seems impossible, but I am determied to do it. I am going to be signing up for my first 5K at the end of Oct. I may need to enlist a running buddy to help me get through it though.
    On Wednesday I posted about my 'epic fail' I previously had managed all runs without giving up. Wednesday I didnt give up, but I was in a lot of pain and barely managed 2miles.

Thanks to everyones encouragment I received!

Today I am a c25k graduate. I completed week 9 day 3. And to top it all of I ran the whole 5k!!! AMAZING!!!

I am proud of myself. Will continue running week 9 day 3 a couple more times, then will move onto bridge to 10k!!!!

YAY!
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    So inspirational! I'm on week 2, and this really helps me feel like it's worth it. :) Congratulations! Great job!
  • apilant
    apilant Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's wonderful! I am starting week 2 of the program today. :)

ME TOO!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!