Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

is a couch 2 5 k graduate!!!

On Wednesday I posted about my 'epic fail' I previously had managed all runs without giving up. Wednesday I didnt give up, but I was in a lot of pain and barely managed 2miles.

Thanks to everyones encouragment I received!

Today I am a c25k graduate. I completed week 9 day 3. And to top it all of I ran the whole 5k!!! AMAZING!!!

I am proud of myself. Will continue running week 9 day 3 a couple more times, then will move onto bridge to 10k!!!!

YAY!

Replies

• vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Congratulations!!! I'm on week 3, and it's great to know that people actually finish :) Inspiring!
  • Prestonsmumma
    Prestonsmumma Posts: 117 Member
    thats amazing well done and congrats!!! cant wait to get that feeling myself im on wk7 day3 so not long to go really!!!

Again well done!! :drinker:
  • Sheeshy
    Sheeshy Posts: 133
    Yay for you!!! I love couch 2 5k and someday I hope to complete it! haha! Too hot in TX this summer, so all my workouts are indoors. Congratulations for finishing the program!
  • AlmostMrsP
    AlmostMrsP Posts: 65 Member
    Congrats on finishing!! It's great to hear stories of people doing it!

I just did week 4 day 3 today. I even stepped it up and ran 8 min straight just because I could - it was such a great feeling to accomplish that.

My fiance is a C25K graduate too. Watching him progress really motivated me to get off my butt and do it too.
  • jhungate
    jhungate Posts: 95 Member
    I started as a Couch to 5k person myself and now average 40-45 miles a week and about 25 on my bike. Running is a great cardio, the equipment costs are minimal and you can do it anywhere. Keep up the good work!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    I can honestly say that Couch 2 5k saved my life!!!! I finished it last summer and now train for a 1/2 marathon and I'm even thinking of a 25k next spring and maybe a marathon after that!!! Great job at completing the program. The skies the limit for you now!!!!
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Fantastic!!!! Look at you!
  • batlou
    batlou Posts: 97 Member
    Congrats from a fellow grad. Of course the next logical step is to move to a 10K now, right?
  • RamblingRo
    RamblingRo Posts: 30 Member
    Congratulations! That's wonderful! I am starting week 2 of the program today. :)
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    YAY!!! So there is light at the end of the C25K tunnel :laugh:

I cannot wait until I get to week 9! I am currently on W4D2 (yesterday), but I think I might stay with W4 one more week to feel confident about completing it. I am afraid...no no TERRIFIED, of doing the 20minute jog in W5!

CONGRATS! :drinker:

M.:heart:
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Congrats!
  • Congrats to you!!!! I am a graduate this week too!!!
    Amazing how that program can change lives!
    Good for you for sticking with it!!!
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Yay for you!!! I love couch 2 5k and someday I hope to complete it! haha! Too hot in TX this summer, so all my workouts are indoors. Congratulations for finishing the program!

CONGRATS!!! I hope to complete it too; I keep going back to week 1. I'm in DAllas and the heat is TERRIBLE and it just makes me feel drained and extremely exhausted more than usual.
  • joimichele
    joimichele Posts: 382
    I hope to be like you one day! Congrats!
  • liberaltendencies
    liberaltendencies Posts: 150 Member
    I'm on week three. This is so inspiring!
  • Runninginafatsuit
    Runninginafatsuit Posts: 78 Member
    Congrats! I know you are proud!
  • vlc1979
    vlc1979 Posts: 227
    Amazing accomplishment!!! I graduate next Friday!!
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Congrats! I am on D2 W3. When I think about running a whole 5K it seems impossible, but I am determied to do it. I am going to be signing up for my first 5K at the end of Oct. I may need to enlist a running buddy to help me get through it though.
    On Wednesday I posted about my 'epic fail' I previously had managed all runs without giving up. Wednesday I didnt give up, but I was in a lot of pain and barely managed 2miles.

Thanks to everyones encouragment I received!

Today I am a c25k graduate. I completed week 9 day 3. And to top it all of I ran the whole 5k!!! AMAZING!!!

I am proud of myself. Will continue running week 9 day 3 a couple more times, then will move onto bridge to 10k!!!!

YAY!
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    So inspirational! I'm on week 2, and this really helps me feel like it's worth it. :) Congratulations! Great job!
  • apilant
    apilant Posts: 87 Member
    Congratulations! That's wonderful! I am starting week 2 of the program today. :)

ME TOO!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!