Beginner strength workout for women?

Options
LiLee2018
LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
edited May 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
I could use some recommendations.
I'm 39yo female, 5'3", CW 165ish pounds.
To pat myself on the back a little... I've been on my weight loss journey coming up on a year now and I've lost 59lbs with just changing my diet and eating healthier. Yay :)
I still have about 40-50lbs to lose (give or take) and while I'm losing weight, I'd love to build my strength up b/c I'm extremely out of shape and weak. SUPER WEAK! lol
I do NOT want to do cardio though.... NONE. So any program that has any in it, no thank you!
I also only have access to 3, 5, and 8 lb dumbbells AND one of those stack weight home gyms. I also have an exercise ball too (that I think is a bit too big but.. whatever).
If anyone knows of a really good program that definitely works AND is free.... please share! I am all ears! I just started working out this week, but I need a good program to follow instead of just trying to wing it with the little bit of research I've done.
Well I've done a lot of research but still feel lost b/c there is so much out there and it gets overwhelming.
So... yeah..
Help me please!

Replies

• carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of fitness blender workouts. Free online. Filter the options for beginner strength workouts.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much you 2! Pretty sure I have a basic but good plan now :)
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Good training programs don't necessarily have a gender attached. People who are not as strong, whether men or women, just need to start at a lighter load (or with adaptations, in the case of bodyweight exercises).
    I couldn't agree more. The templates I write are never written for a gender but for individuals and how they respond.

LiLee2018 wrote: »
    I also only have access to 3, 5, and 8 lb dumbbells AND one of those stack weight home gyms. I also have an exercise ball too (that I think is a bit too big but.. whatever).
    If anyone knows of a really good program that definitely works AND is free.... please share! I am all ears! I just started working out this week, but I need a good program
    No program definitely works for everybody.

As individuals we respond differently to training. Some of us are sensitive, some are resistant, and many are in the middle somewhere.

I encourage you to research the free programs from the list above that interest you for your goals and available equipment.

Keep in mind in the future these fre programs can give you results if you put in the effort but for better results "some" paid templates or personal training should lead to optimal results.

• smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Thanks for posting this. Great guide I had no idea existed :)