Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Tracey - have a wonderful weekend!!!

Dawn - glad that you checked in. My in-laws live in Quincy Illinois - thankfully up on the bluff, but jeez, the Mississippi is so high! Yikes.

Sara - I have no control over Mario!!! I haven't seen him. Hopefully he stayed in Europe on The Riviera! LOL!
    I hope that your Friday goes quickly for you. 😁

Waving to Tracy and Suzu and everyone else who stops by later on~~

*tossing beach bag and books onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

243.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

They've taken rain out of forecast for a couple days, anyway. Flooding is still an issue. Thank goodness, we are nowhere near the water where we live and work...

Awesome WI!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Sara- LOVE that squirrel. It is so much a TGIF - seriously I swear 4 day weeks are worse than 5.
    Lana - I will be to the Cabana early! I cheat at work and lurk, so I use sticky pads if I am behind and write notes for my reply here. I am not "good" enough to figure out anything more technical LOL.
    Dawn - I ditto the glad you are safe comment. Such devastation!
    Tracy - WOW! you should be so proud of yourself! That is amazing - your numbers prove how the weight affects us. I am inspired by you!
    Tracey - ENJOY this weekend. I did not get invited to my DD's. But I am ok with that too. My sister and I have a date that weekend to see the "band" Pentatonix :)
    Laura from England- gin and tonic sould great!
    Hello to Suzu, Kate, Kathryn, Megan, Missy Megan and anyone else I may have missed. Have a superb weekend!

CW 187.2- Goal met for the week!
    GW 170
    GW for Daughters wedding (8/3) revised to 179 (being realistic)

Thank you! Congrats on reaching weekly goal! You are doing great! I believe you will be where you want for wedding! You can do it!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Dawn - stay safe! forecast here says possibly 3 dry days in a row, so keeping fingers crossed.
    as for the scales, i try to weigh myself at work on the medical scales. the digital one at home, i have to step on & off 3 times then average because it may give me 3 different readings! (also, the one at home weighs me 2-3 pounds heavier (no clothing) than the one at my dr office (fully clothed) what the heck??)

Tracy - Holy Moly, girl! You look GREAT!!! That has to feel wonderful to change your health in such a positive way!

Sara - cant recall if you said they have the new screen up for you at work or not. hope it helps!

CW: 152.75
    HW: 216.0
    GW: 145.0

We haven't had rain for 2 days. So nice. Hoping to go at least a few more days without. Your weekend looked like so much fun! I have thought about weighing myself at work. There's just always someone around. The scale is in our lobby. I weighed less when I went to Dr, than at home. Same situation. Doesn't make sense. I haven't noticed any difference in clothing... so, I'm focusing too much on the scale...
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    We were blessed with rain that broke a 100+ degree week of weather. Sadly it was also the day we decided to head to the pool post work...

@LanaCabana537 did you ask why breakfast is a battle? I started typing before looking back ahaha. For me, meal prepping for workdays is nearly non negotiable. On a good week I make a bowl of over night oats for every work day but on a bad week I’m lucky if I had the foresight to boil some eggs. Usually I have organic fruit bars and jerky stashed at work to get me through rough spots but that’s def not the ideal meal of champions.

Laura - did someone say Gin 👀 last summer Beefeater Pink and tonic was my drink.

Tracy- you are an inspiration!!

on the topic of scales: I threw mine out... yup! It was driving me batty and kinda sabotaging my wellbeing. Probably not going to replace it.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    8280 total steps

Lady I have lunch with found out her cancer is back and in her spine, I have started a pouch bag for her so when she starts her new treatments she can use it.

Hot enough for me to consider drying towels outside on rack this weekend. Wish I had better ideas for meals.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog let me sleep in a little, but only once. She is happy and fed so that with any luck I will get more sleep.

Upper 80s low 90's but even hotter next week. Laundry is on my to do list this weekend as well as I change out the closet.

Still not sure about meals, but will find something.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,872 Member
    Options

Good morning Sara -

I'm trying to wake up.
    I will have to miss the monthly WW App Academy today because the pool company is supposed to come today to do something about replacing my dead pool pump. I need to be home when they come.

I saw a bunny rabbit running around the back yard today. That is a first. Bunnies like lawns and I have only plantings, mulch, and moss where there once was a lawn. No sense in trying to put a lawn where they don't easily grow.....

Sara - hope that you can have some fun changing out your closets.

Waves to everyone who stops by later on~~

Lana

244.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
    Tracey from E - Have a GREAT time at the bachelorette party!!
    Tracy from Tenn - This is supposed to be a beautiful weekend here - Perfect for a picnic. Are you at Shelby Farms Park??
    Lynn - Woo Woo for meeting the weeks goals!!

Today is my 46th wedding anniversary, and Mick and I are heading to the Farmers Market and out to breakfast.
    Great weekend all!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Suzu!!

jw6z422l4jz3.jpeg

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    suzu_2 wrote: »
    Tracy from Tenn - This is supposed to be a beautiful weekend here - Perfect for a picnic. Are you at Shelby Farms Park??

We were at Cameron-Brown. It was a beautiful day!

• arniedog74
    Options
    suzu_2 wrote: »
    Morning all!
    Tracey from E - Have a GREAT time at the bachelorette party!!
    Lynn - Woo Woo for meeting the weeks goals!!

Today is my 46th wedding anniversary, and Mick and I are heading to the Farmers Market and out to breakfast.
    Great weekend all!

Happy Anniversary!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Hey all...I am having a fundraiser for (ALSF) Alex's Lemonade Stand... helps fund research for Children's Cancer. I am doing a Scentsy fundraiser as well as an online fundraiser, for those that don't want to purchase but still want to donate. It goes from today till the 9th (Lemonade week) No obligation. Just letting everyone know. Thank you

https://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/1732881

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/10714120

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    8085 total steps

Seems the office that I go to to walk TV and get coffee/water is off limits until the Leasing Agent gets his assignments done - because I talk to him too much - please note, he talks to everyone too much. So be it, I will get a lot more done. Coffee and water are still available but cannot speak (many residents actually dont they just come in take and leave). Rolled my eyes twice as I wrote this.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Groceries and then cooking/baking.

Pouch for coworker almost done, if she wants a cross body it will be made in two colors because I ran out of orange, but it can be worn as a short strap purse.

Window open for cooler air, just checked ozone levels will be unhealthy with the hotter temps by Tuesday. Lovely. Just have to drink more water.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara~

Ozone---Ugh.
    That is a nice thing that you are doing making that pouch for co-worker.
    Good grief about the leasing agent.

Waving to everyone who stops by later.

Lana

243.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    7089 total steps

Almost done with chores. Will sew pouch strap in, read book and then lights out with Miss T.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Scale down .8 - water walking and shutting down voice that kept asking for more food.

Almost 100 by mid week so I found a couple small dinner options. But it will be water in the afternoon......

Wave to all who follow.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the anniversary wishes! Have a great Monday!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Missy and Sara and Suzu~~

Sara - Cheers for the scale going in the down direction! It is not easy to shut down that voice that asks for more food. Often it's not because we are actually hungry.

Years ago I had a Weight Watchers leader who talked about questioning ourselves: when we want something to eat, are we hungry? If the first choice were an apple, would the apple fix the problem. Meaning are we really hungry? Or are we wanting a specific type of food because we are something other than hungry.

I'm not able to explain this correctly, but hopefully everyone will know what I mean--it's a "test question" we can ask ourselves. Quite frequently these days that question does pop up into my head, especially at night, when I can't quite tell if I'm needy or actually hungry.

If I'm needy, and it's not urgent, I can just drink water, and then distract myself with something. If I actually am hungry, my own rules say it's going to be either an apple or a cup of milk with Cheerios. That's all I allow myself.

Lana

243.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    rdefh7t7gtvr.png