Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

TGIF!!

Aleksis, welcome. Sounds like you have a realistic goal. Let us know how things go.

Air quality is "kitten" until at least Tuesday with winds blowing the fire smoke into the area. For me that means doing as many chores this weekend before noon and then just staying inside. Hard part is I need to walk more to keep the water weight down. Hmmm.

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    vfa3qbuzpo8g.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    hquetz7hv9wi.png
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Sara - I can see the pictures today! No idea why or how but there they are. And adorable!

I don't feel like doing ANYTHING today! I think my motivation wandered off and has gotten lost. Sure hope someone out there finds it and sends it home cause there is a lot of stuff I need to get done!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Viking - a magicians assistant?! So cool! Welcome!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2018
    Options
    One of my two books showed up today the one that has more cooking and less baking in it. Many of the pork recipes ask for apple cider vinegar .... already in my cupboard. Apples and pork chops, not a bad idea.

Lindsey - I was at work lurking when you posted.

Kittens are an inside joke on this board - beyond their cuteness..... "kitten" is the word the censor replaces a word with if it is deemed "inapproriate", so sometimes we just add the word "kitten" to make it easier.... and make people guess.

Boy howdy am I tired!! I hope to sleep without the neighbors setting off "fireworks" again tonight (some of the noise is guns).

Caught myself doing a "I have leftover chocolate cake in the fridge" dance while on my dog's walk....looked around and as far as I know nobody saw me, but I must have burned at least 5 calories......
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2018
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning.

First day in a couple that the air is good enough to open windows. What a relief it got stuffy in here.

Longer to do list this morning, but will be done before noon.

Back for a little more sleep.

Wave to all who follow. BBL
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Finally a nice day out! Only 77° woo hoo! Nice breeze too! Dogs are lovin it! Got the house opened up letting it air out. Yay!

Some not so good news.... gas line rusted out on our "new" truck... was his Cousins... and, of course, no one carries. Of course. It's a 1995... so no real surprise on any of that... just discouraged. SO has finally been able to get back to work and, having 2 vehicles has been wonderful. Oh well. Got feelers out to friends... maybe they can come up with something... fingers crossed...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Almost forgot... I've been dying to share... my Aunt called Gpa's sister, crying about how much she missed Gpa and how it was all my mom's fault for him passing. Gpa's sister, pretty much told Aunt that she and Uncle need to step up and help Gma with stuff and, they both need to grow up! HAHA sorry, I can't help but laugh. Aunt is just trying to get everyone to feel sorry for her. She acts like she is the only person that lost someone. I know she did not expect my Great aunt to say those things. Heck, the woman is 91 years old... Lord knows what's gonna come outta her mouth and, she ain't afraid to say it! Hehehe
    Maybe, I'm a mean person. But, it's about time someone tells her how it is!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    Options

Hello to Everyone~~

I am getting here late today, huh.
    Tomorrow through Wednesday I'll be going up to NYC, and I am traveling so lightly that I am not taking my laptop with me. I will have a heavy book on couple therapy with me instead, weight-wise. So it's likely I will not be making long-winded check ins with you all.

Dawn, love the story of the exchange between Aunt and Gpa's sister. Perfect.

Sara - hope you are enjoying the weekend and getting in some Sara-time.

Waves to Kathryn and Eryn and Tracy and Tess and Saltine and Izenzo and anyone else who stops by.
    Welcomes to the new peeps!

Lana

235.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, all!

Slept in as long as I could this morning, as I am still getting used to the eastern time zone after spending the last week in San Francisco. I did get a lot of random house things done, as it's been a mostly gloomy, rainy day.

I've been slowly working my way back to better eating after being in vacation mode. Eager to start feeling better again, and need to get in a workout tomorrow.

Drinking some green tea and enjoying the evening. Hope you all are too!!

Hope you have a good time in NYC, Lana!

Happy Saturday, all! :)
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana- I thought others might like the story. Hoped so anyway. Hope your books help you thru the next few days and more and more over time.
    Hugs to you... and great WI!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    Options

Thanks Dawn~~

Eryn - Where do you live on the East Coast?

I am going to try to get myself to go to sleep early, but first I must find something on Netflix to provide some escape from reality!

Sleep well everyone~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Long day, some me time (fell asleep watching something online).

Had too many errands and had to go back to get a gift bag for baby bag lady at work is getting -putting a bag in a bag - so my tip of the day -Michael's sells reusable bags at the check out counter for 1.99 that are very large and sturdy - if you have a large shaped or weird shaped item, save yourself the headache of looking in the store and ask where their reusable bags are.......

Bought a grey skein of baby yarn to make hats while I was there.

Found out at dinner that I had run out of water pills, so yet another errand. I am hoping for only one trip tomorrow to grocery store. Good news I got eye drops that are better than the other ones I was using and with the smoke it is appreciated. I also got a Lenny/Larry gourmet cookie.

Dawn- glad someone told the drama queen to "put up or shut up". Lana- peep when you can hope you have a safe trip. Eryn - glad you have weekend to settle back into time zones and habits again before work week starts.

Will describe my plans in the kitchen for the work week tomorrow ......

Wave to all who follow.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dawn~~

Eryn - Where do you live on the East Coast?

I am going to try to get myself to go to sleep early, but first I must find something on Netflix to provide some escape from reality!

Sleep well everyone~~

Lana

I watched a new series on tv this spring that was good for a laugh, my daughter told me it is on Netflix now. It's called Good Girls. Worth a chuckle, if you are looking for something not too deep.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi all - gorgeous day here in DC: sunny and temps in the low 80s. Did a 2-hour hike through some nearby woods with DH. Good for the soul and waistline! Later in the day, went to a baseball game - we won, which hasn’t been happening much lately.

Dawn, I laughed when I read your story! Good for your great-Aunt to put your mom’s sister together in her place.

Waves to new folks - this is a wonderfully supportive group.

Lana, safe journey to NYC. Sara, glad the weather has cleared up a bit.

Best to all,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Cooking after grocery shopping. Pork with maple/apple cider glaze bought 3 Granny Smith apples to saute in it as well. Roasted Potatoes/Turnips/Radishes and baby Broccoli as well.

Feet are swollen again and I have Dr apt in a couple weeks, will discuss this as few of my work shoes fit comfortably. Not interested in buying new shoes if Dr puts me on new meds. Roll eyes and shake head. My new sandals have just enough of a lift that my toes take a hit - which was my last errand last night (pharmacy). So I should not be surprised that they are puffy. Walking shoes today for groceries, and to/from work, but they are not dress code. Seeing the shoes I do that I dont consider dress code........ just amazing.

Dawn- Scentsy package was on doorstep this early am. Weird time to deliver, but will open later and set it up.

Groceries and then home for day. After yesterday with 4 extra errands, I have no desire to do any more than I have to today.

Will try for more sleep. bbl
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- odd time indeed. Hope you enjoy and it puts a smile on your face B)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn just put my new scentsy B) warmer next to the other one, chose the chai tea as the other ones were a little too per-fumy for right now. Means I have 2 choices instead of one! Thank you for the heads up on the clearance.